Do we have suggestions to clear off the heavy ZC debt?

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Do we have suggestions to clear off the heavy ZC debt?

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Now that the political tides are turning, what are the logical ways in which ZC can plan to clear off the apparent $19 million debt? That would help us plan our future so much better.

Any constructive suggestions?

Given that ZCF is frequented by quite a few folks that matter, meaningful suggestions could be taken up from here if they are made available...

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Do we have suggestions to clear off the heavy ZC debt?

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:55 am
Now that the political tides are turning, what are the logical ways in which ZC can plan to clear off the apparent $19 million debt? That would help us plan our future so much better.

Any constructive suggestions?

Given that ZCF is frequented by quite a few folks that matter, meaningful suggestions could be taken up from here if they are made available...
Tank and go under,
emerge few months later with a new ICC entity called Zimbabwean Cricket Board.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Cut down on salaries. Cut back on unnecessary staff. Sell some of the excessive luxuries bought such as cars. The key thing is the money recouped from that has to go back in to the right areas and a clear plan and pathway needs to be developed for that.

Black Mamba
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Black Mamba »

Zimbabwe Cricket struggling with debts, non payment to players since 1992, when they were given full member status. In evey season, strikes has been a major problem, its 25 years passed now, same problem exist, don't think it will end even in the comming years, as country lost interest for the game, its not a "crowd pulling " event like in Asian Sub Continent.Future of cricket in Africa is blink.

Day Night Cricket has always brought profit to the game, as crowds come in large number, which seems impossible in Zimbabwe, cricket is finished under 37 years rule of dictatorship. At present, nothing could help except ICC and other boards helping ZC

eugene

Post by eugene »

Lobby Robert Mugabe, as patron of ZCF, to pay off the debt in exchange for Grace's immunity.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Failing my first suggestion which seems easiest, perhaps the below;

1. Do the typical African thing and beg for a handout from others, namely by the ICC.
2. Ramp up on a sponsorship drive.
3. Cull one, if not two, franchises immediately. The talent pool is way too diluted and I hope people are finally seeing that. Alot of costs can be saved here.
4.Tour more, stay at home less. Limit to one home test series per year. Like BRM i think said, make it an event.
5. Utilise fringe players to be development scouts. Prince Masvaure type players should be visiting the schools as officials, get rid of existing officials.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

cricket_22001

Post by cricket_22001 »

I'm almost regretting this thread already.
It's guaranteed to attract some troll with suggestions such as: get rid of the Pakistani/ Heath Streak.
Reinstate the admin who made Zimbabwe great between 2005-2011.
Get rid of Taylor & Jarvis.
My ears & eyes are bleeding already!

pariah

Post by pariah »

Solution is simple. Employ more Pakistanis!

If this one is doing such an excellent job, why not?

In fact, that administraton masterstroke alone may convince the BCCI to send two tours to ZIM per year.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

pariah wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:41 am
Solution is simple. Employ more Pakistanis!

If this one is doing such an excellent job, why not?

In fact, that administraton masterstroke alone may convince the BCCI to send two tours to ZIM per year.
Smartest thing you've said. Us Asians know cricket as evidenced by the financial success of every Asian board. SA and ZIM cancel more tournaments than they hold. If you cant get Asians to run things, then go for a white guy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

eugene wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:00 am
Lobby Robert Mugabe, as patron of ZCF, to pay off the debt in exchange for Grace's immunity.
Patron of ZCF? :o From when?

:) This was the first thought I had too, in terms of getting the debt cleared quickly.
cricket_22001 wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:07 am
I'm almost regretting this thread already.
It's guaranteed to attract some troll with suggestions such as: get rid of the Pakistani/ Heath Streak.
Reinstate the admin who made Zimbabwe great between 2005-2011.
Get rid of Taylor & Jarvis.
My ears & eyes are bleeding already!
Yeah, but the idea of this thread is not to how we operate and how we save not-so-significant amounts of money now in daily operations, etc (this is needed too, but a quicker resolution to repaying the huge debt is more attractive). How do we get back to clean slate as quickly as possible with that debt?

If getting rid of anyone can save enough money in a year to pay off that debt, I'm all ears. But it should come along with accurate calculations in such a case :)