Who Is Ernest Masuku ??

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Who Is Ernest Masuku ??

Post by jaybro » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:41 pm

Ernest Masuku has hit the Zimbabwe domestic scene this season with a bang and from virtually now where, although he debuted last season I can't remember anyone talking about him and I don't recall him ever playing in any age group sides ??

At 24 years old I would have thought we would have heard of him before now, he's definitely making some noise sitting 2nd on the Logan Cup wicket takers list with 21 scalps @ 18 a piece.

Can John Ward, Googly or gargamel shed any light on who this guy is ??
1.G.Flower 2.B.Taylor 3.M.Goodwin 4.A.Flower 5.D.Houghton 6.N.Johnson 7.T.Taibu 8.P.Strang 9.H.Streak 10.R.Price 11.H.Olonga 12.A.Campbell

Stoneman Returns
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Re: Who Is Ernest Masuku ??

Post by Stoneman Returns » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:29 am

Masuku is another failure in making, will get picked in A team and High Performance Squad soon and will prove as an average talent like Ngarava or Victor Nyauchi. Few weeks ago all were jumping with William Mashinge, but the talent simply failed to deliver against relegated UAE Side.

Players like Bruce, Nathan Waller should be promted more then these average talents
Success depends on Aggressive Instinct

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:49 am

It’s so hard to be able to tell who is good and who’s not as the competition is so diluted you just can’t tell

It’s like playing cricket on an ice rink.

You may get a century and 4 wickets, but you just don’t know what it means?
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by tawac » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:13 am

He is definitely one of the finds of the season and seems to going about his business. Taibu refered to him as having a "bright future" so he has captured the attention of the selectors and he did bowl in that WI warm game.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'