How other sides are shaping up before the World Cup Qualifiers 2018

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Post Reply
User avatar
Black Mamba
Posts: 656
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:55 am
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: How the other sides shaping up before the World Cup Qualifiers 2018

Post by Black Mamba » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:28 pm

Ireland are looking strong before the qualifiers, after series win over Afghans in UAE, another great start in tri nation series. Joyce who missed the series against Afghanistan, returns with a match winning ton


Tri Nation Series 2018 : Ireland, Scotland & UAE

1st Match, UAE V/s Ireland

UAE 222/9 ( Overs 50 )

Rameez Shahzad 75

Rankin 2/26, McCarthy 2/47, Chase 2/50, K O Brien 2/39 Dockrell 1/51

Ireland 226/6 ( Overs 48.5 )

Ed Joyce 116*

G Wilson 53

Naveed 2/45, Ahmed Raza 2/49

Ireland won by 4 wickets

Kriterion_BD
Posts: 3476
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:41 am

Re: How other sides are shaping up before the World Cup Qualifiers 2018

Post by Kriterion_BD » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:08 pm

Its like the Irish just flipped a switch and turned their form on for 2018. They were pitiful from 2015 till the end of 2017.
(my cricket podcast) https://aewahid.podbean.com

User avatar
jaybro
Posts: 6298
Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:36 am
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: How other sides are shaping up before the World Cup Qualifiers 2018

Post by jaybro » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:22 pm

I really feel like the ICC have made a big mistake making it a 10 Team World Cup, even a 12 Team WC seems too small and with the associates stronger than ever it makes little sense.

Is the 2023 WC also 10
Team ?
1.G.Flower 2.B.Taylor 3.M.Goodwin 4.A.Flower 5.D.Houghton 6.N.Johnson 7.T.Taibu 8.P.Strang 9.H.Streak 10.R.Price 11.H.Olonga 12.A.Campbell

aydee
Posts: 2213
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:15 pm

Re: How other sides are shaping up before the World Cup Qualifiers 2018

Post by aydee » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:03 pm

jaybro wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:22 pm

Is the 2023 WC also 10
In theory yes, but in practice it will be discussed properly at ICC level after 2019.

User avatar
jaybro
Posts: 6298
Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:36 am
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: How other sides are shaping up before the World Cup Qualifiers 2018

Post by jaybro » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:39 pm

aydee wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:03 pm
jaybro wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:22 pm

Is the 2023 WC also 10
In theory yes, but in practice it will be discussed properly at ICC level after 2019.
IMO being a full member should mean automatic qualification to a World Cup
1.G.Flower 2.B.Taylor 3.M.Goodwin 4.A.Flower 5.D.Houghton 6.N.Johnson 7.T.Taibu 8.P.Strang 9.H.Streak 10.R.Price 11.H.Olonga 12.A.Campbell

aydee
Posts: 2213
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:15 pm

Re: How other sides are shaping up before the World Cup Qualifiers 2018

Post by aydee » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:44 pm

jaybro wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:39 pm
aydee wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:03 pm
jaybro wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:22 pm

Is the 2023 WC also 10
In theory yes, but in practice it will be discussed properly at ICC level after 2019.
IMO being a full member should mean automatic qualification to a World Cup
IMO, it should be merit based, not down to some arbitrary factor like membership of a club... That said, 10 is way too few. 16 perhaps?

User avatar
zimbos_05
Posts: 816
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:00 am

Re: How other sides are shaping up before the World Cup Qualifiers 2018

Post by zimbos_05 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:34 am

aydee wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:44 pm

IMO, it should be merit based, not down to some arbitrary factor like membership of a club... That said, 10 is way too few. 16 perhaps?
In that case then it should be a qualification process for every single team regardless of rankings.

Mr Twig
Posts: 666
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:43 pm

Re: How other sides are shaping up before the World Cup Qualifiers 2018

Post by Mr Twig » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:58 am

zimbos_05 wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:34 am
aydee wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:44 pm

IMO, it should be merit based, not down to some arbitrary factor like membership of a club... That said, 10 is way too few. 16 perhaps?
In that case then it should be a qualification process for every single team regardless of rankings.
The ODI Championship is technically the qualification process for the full member countries.

User avatar
Black Mamba
Posts: 656
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:55 am
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: How other sides are shaping up before the World Cup Qualifiers 2018

Post by Black Mamba » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:21 pm

Ireland defeated UAE in a dominating way


Ireland 301/5 ( Overs 50 )

William Porterfield 139

Andy Balbirnie 102

Mustafa 2/65 Zahoor Khan 1/51

UAE 234 all out ( Overs 48.4)

Rameez Shahzad 50

Muhammad Usman 44

Kevin O Brien 4/41 Andy McBrine 2/40

Ireland won by 67 runs in the second match of tri series

User avatar
Andybligzz
Posts: 445
Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:07 am
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: How other sides are shaping up before the World Cup Qualifiers 2018

Post by Andybligzz » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:05 pm

Black Mamba wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:21 pm
Ireland defeated UAE in a dominating way


Ireland 301/5 ( Overs 50 )

William Porterfield 139

Andy Balbirnie 102

Mustafa 2/65 Zahoor Khan 1/51

UAE 234 all out ( Overs 48.4)

Rameez Shahzad 50

Muhammad Usman 44

Kevin O Brien 4/41 Andy McBrine 2/40

Ireland won by 67 runs in the second match of tri series
Ireland are constantly questioned yet they are a heart team full of passion and it’s in the Irish blood to give it your all. I am so glad they have test status because the nation will get behind them , once that happens they will inspire younger generations to play .when the younger generations learns to play and has the heart of the older generations we shall see a very talented squad that will challenge the best ect . How good will cricket be if you see Ireland beat England in a test match . I cannot imagine how good it will be

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests