How other sides are shaping up before the World Cup Qualifiers 2018

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: How the sides shaping up before the World Cup Qualifiers 2018

Post by sloandog »

RvdM must just admit he got a decent package from Somerset and thought why not throw in Netherlands for a feel of International cricket from time to time since my Dutch roots make me automatically eligible after all the years I haven't played for the Proteas.
Sounds about right doesn't it.
There wasn't much patriotic feelings in place surely when he decided that Holland was the place he was destined for. Somerset was the reason he left South Africa, and as Hhm says, the lure of international cricket (without being a hindrance to his county contract) was probably too tempting an offer to turn down.

The guy is still a prick though (van der merwe)

The Robot
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by The Robot »

Roelof van der Merwe left South Africa and joined Netherlands probably to prolong his international career across all the format, as he was fifth spinner in the proteas squad after Botha, Paul Harris,Robin Petersen & Phangiso and was considered more in T20s, then odis and tests.
Robo to rule :oops:

Flakeman

Post by Flakeman »

HHM will defend quotas even after SA is fully in the garbage heap. The policy is very lucky to have Rabada, a genuine class act. Other than him nobody else is close to international standard. Bavuma - mediocre, Ngidi gets smashed 9/10 domestic games, then performs once in a blue moon and it’s all over the news. Phelukwayo- just no, please no. Ramela- average stats but an even worse player to watch live, always looks out of his depth on TV.

I wonder how Boucher deals with having to do this...I don’t think he is for this stupid system in any way, shape or form. It’s quite bad when u keep having to pick only 5 white players in your 11 when you could boast a team of

1. Elgar
2. Quinny
3. Markram
4. AB
5. Faf
6. Albie
7. Wiese
8. Morris
9. Steyn
10. Morkel
11. Von Burg

It’s madness and this is what chased Roelof away. Basil D’oliviera was the man who couldn’t crack SA due to racism. SA was banned. The roles were reversed completely in KP situation, who is a legend of English Cricket. But no one bats an eyebrow to reasons why he left. ICC are cowardly SJWs and shouldn’t stand for this nonsense.

Anyway, on topic, this will be a great tournament and very hotly contested for sure ! What date does it start? Early, mid, or end of March?

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Albie Morkel..?

Flakeman

Post by Flakeman »

Yes, still the best all rounder in SA !

Zero76

Post by Zero76 »

Not really a big fan of that proposed Titans squad, looks somewhat light on batting. Albie at 6 and Wiese at 7 both seem to be a position too high, are 5 seamers really even required?
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Flakeman wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:50 pm
Yes, still the best all rounder in SA !
Big claim that, when Dwayne Pretorious is knocking about

Andybligzz

Post by Andybligzz »

If albie morkel is still the best “ all rounder “
To pick from that’s a joke , bloke always got out in the teens and went for 60-70 all the time for only one or two wickets . I loved the idea of him being a left handed hard hitting lower order play maker and quickish right arm med fast like my boy bligz but he was average and nothing more
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!

Flakeman

Post by Flakeman »

It’s a hypothetical team guys. I follow the SA comp very closely, and Albie Morkel is the best all rounder in SA. He didn’t do great for SA in his very brief international career, but you only have to watch the MODC and Ram Slam every season on the tele to figure out that he’s just amazing. Most unselfish player in SA. Anyone who follows SA Domestic cricket on tv closely would agree with me, except hhm because, well...don’t need to elaborate there. He is better than Dwaine.

Black Mamba
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Black Mamba »

Meanwhile, I Cup four day match between Ireland & Scotland has come into some attention.

Irish team got all out for 251 against Scotland in first innings, on flat track of Dubai. Critics are questioning about recently given full member &" test " status of the Irish Side, if the Scottish team beat the Irish side, it will be another occasion when an Associate team beat a full member side in a first class four day match. Last time an associate beat a full member in a first-class match was when Zimbabwe beat Sri Lanka in 1982.