How other sides are shaping up before the World Cup Qualifiers 2018

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Stoneman Returns
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Re: How the sides shaping up before the World Cup Qualifiers 2018

Post by Stoneman Returns »

Zimbabwe & South Africa, never ever will have the glory to win a world cup unless they remove quota policy. Talentless players are comming off in both the team, in large numbers as a result loosing matches, particularly Zimbabwe, other nations have lost interest in asking them to tour, which was common in 90s.

Black Empowerment policy has destroyed Zimbabwe Cricket and will also finish off cricket in Africa in future, whereas its completeley opposite in Asian Sub Continent, where associates have improved and surprised ICC both by their intetest, and attraction of crowds into the game.
Success depends on Aggressive Instinct

The Robot
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by The Robot »

pariah wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:48 pm
Andybligzz wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:15 pm
Van der Merwe was a very dangerous player on his day for South Africa , very very good player for the dutch to get. They seem to have a very promising squad !
Fearless, daring and super confident.

Your Afridi, Warne, Zhuwao type of characters.

Netherlands didn't even have to break the bank for his services. :(

Taylor to get paid 50% from postponed Global T20 League to be held in South Africa :)

www.herald.co.zw/taylor-set-for-pay-off/
Robo to rule :oops:

Black Mamba
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Black Mamba »

I CUP 2017

Hong Kong first innings 348 all out
against PNG

Babar Hayat ( Hong Kong ) 214* ( 27 fours, 6 sixes ) :o

Will definately be the Man to watch for Hong Kong in the Qualifiers 2018

The Robot
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by The Robot »

I CUP 2017, Performances

Ireland beat Scotland

Peter Case 4/52 Murtagh 3/35, Rankin 2/39. It looks Irish team have good fine pace attack with Dockrell & Shimi Singh the spinners.

With now having Test status, it might be the last time, Irish might have featured one final time in this tournament

Hong Kong blows away PNG

Nadeem Ahmed 4/43 & Ehsan Khan 5/13. Hong Kong slowly gearing up for the global event after they qualified, with a narrow edge in points over Kenya in World Cricket League 2015-17

Netherlands blows away Namibia with a big margin

Ex Zimbo Shane Snater 5/88 guided them the victory

Afganistan won a hard fought battle against UAE and wins I CUP for the second time

Sensational Rashid Khan 5/83 gave Afghans the victory

Like Irish, with Afghans now having Test status, it might be the last time, Afghans featured in this tournament
Robo to rule :oops:

Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

Some tough competition is going on between recently got full members status, Ireland and Afghanistan.

The 5 match series is 1-1 with three to go. Rashid and Mujib has been superb for Afghans, whereas Rankin, Murtagh and Mcarthy has been among wickets.

For Netherlands Tendo returns with a 65* beating Namibia

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

https://www.dailynews.co.zw/articles/20 ... haya-ntini

ZC will look into the coaching staff after the qualifiers. the words almost sound like a threat if we don't qualify. there is a lot of pressure on a lot of guys here. I think we will qualify

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

TapsC wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:14 am
https://www.dailynews.co.zw/articles/20 ... haya-ntini

ZC will look into the coaching staff after the qualifiers. the words almost sound like a threat if we don't qualify. there is a lot of pressure on a lot of guys here. I think we will qualify
The question is if Zimbabwe does fail to qualify and sacks Streak and or Ntini and or Klusener who do they turn to?

ZC is obviously strapped for cash so a high profile overseas coach is not an option so it would likely be a local coach

Hondo’s reign as A Team coach has been poor at best

Robin Brown tried before

Mangongo tried before

Wayne James seemed to do well with the Zim XI that toured Namibia and played Canada

All eyes will be on how Mangongo’s under 19’s go in the World Cup as there are still plenty of people inside ZC who want him to coach the national side again.

I doubt they would turn to him yet due to his poor relationship with most of the playing group stemming from his disastrous first stint in the job.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Flakeman

Post by Flakeman »

Qualifying or not qualifying will make or break Zim Cricket. Could be some dire times if we fail to qualify. But if we do, it will be so so sweet.

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

I simply don't think we're going to qualify.

All the teams seem to be too strong for us to beat. Ireland are Ireland and will always have that grit and arrogance when they play Zimbabwe. Afghanistan have a powerful bowling attack but a weak batting line up, so they may be vulnerable. The dutch have really strengthened up with the return of Ryan Tendo, and Alex Kerveeze soon to come back. The Scottish are a class outfit I think.
It's going to be very tough

Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

sloandog wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:40 pm
I simply don't think we're going to qualify.

All the teams seem to be too strong for us to beat. Ireland are Ireland and will always have that grit and arrogance when they play Zimbabwe. Afghanistan have a powerful bowling attack but a weak batting line up, so they may be vulnerable. The dutch have really strengthened up with the return of Ryan Tendo, and Alex Kerveeze soon to come back. The Scottish are a class outfit I think.
It's going to be very tough
Hong Kong also looks decent side.