How other sides are shaping up before the World Cup Qualifiers 2018

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
pariah
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: How the sides shaping up before the World Cup Qualifiers 2018

Post by pariah »

TapsC wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:34 am
this is where I get confused. are we saying Taylor and Jarvis are not as good as the Irish guys back for them? we are a much stronger side than we were a year ago. I think the next few months will prove that. especially our batting.
Kyle Jarvis - according to many here - is Zimbabwe's best bowler. Well, he averages 45.22 at a 6.01 economy and strikes once every 8 overs. Even in matches Zimbabwe did win he averages 34, and still strikes every 6 overs.

Plus he has played just a handful of List A matches in 4-5 years.

You will never win anything of any significance with such at your spearhead!

When other teams have the likes of Narine, Mujib, Rashid Khan, Nabi, Dockrell etc, you have Cremer, backed up by non-bowlers in Raza and Williams! Whom many still insist form an attack.

PJ Moor averages just 18 in ODIs with a paltry 66SR after 26 games. He shouldn't even be thought about in this format!!! :evil: It's common sense that Jarvis should be nowhere near the limited overs sides. That people still want him there for no logical reason is precisely why Zimbabwe will fail!

Too much sentiment, far little logic and merit!

People quash the likes of Chisoro, Jongwe, Madziva and Wellington with world class stats - the very players who have thrived against such sides - but stick by mediocrity! They probably have more pluck in half a gonad than a whole Sean Williams.

NB: This is a cricekt world cup qualifier which is worth the life of cricket in Zimbabwe.

Flakeman

Post by Flakeman »

pariah wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:54 am
TapsC wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:34 am
this is where I get confused. are we saying Taylor and Jarvis are not as good as the Irish guys back for them? we are a much stronger side than we were a year ago. I think the next few months will prove that. especially our batting.
Kyle Jarvis - according to many here - is Zimbabwe's best bowler. Well, he averages 45.22 at a 6.01 economy and strikes once every 8 overs. Even in matches Zimbabwe did win he averages 34, and still strikes every 6 overs.
Plus he has played just a handful of List A matches in 4-5 years.

You will never win anything of any significance with such at your spearhead!

When other teams have the likes of Narine, Mujib, Rashid Khan, Nabi, Dockrell etc, you have Cremer, backed up by non-bowlers in Raza and Williams! Whom many still insist form an attack.

PJ Moor averages just 18 in ODIs with a paltry 66SR after 26 games. He shouldn't even be thought about in this format!!! :evil: It's common sense that Jarvis should be nowhere near the limited overs sides. That people still want him there for no logical reason is precisely why Zimbabwe will fail!

Too much sentiment, far little logic and merit!

People quash the likes of Chisoro, Jongwe, Madziva and Wellington with world class stats - the very players who have thrived against such sides - but stick by mediocrity! They probably have more pluck in half a gonad than a whole Sean Williams.

NB: This is a cricekt world cup qualifier which is worth the life of cricket in Zimbabwe.
You bring down Jarvis on stats all the time whilst praising the likes of Phelukwayo, who averages close on 40 with the ball in FC cricket, and barely 20 with the bat, and Ngidi who can’t hold a bat, coupled with his bowling average of 40 in List A. You are a hypocrite and a racist. I pity you.

And people only sing praises of Chisoro and Wasakadza here. Madziva is not good, simply put.

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

Flakeman wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:57 am
You bring down Jarvis on stats all the time whilst praising the likes of Phelukwayo, who averages close on 40 with the ball in FC cricket, and barely 20 with the bat, and Ngidi who can’t hold a bat, coupled with his bowling average of 40 in List A. You are a hypocrite and a racist. I pity you.

And people only sing praises of Chisoro and Wasakadza here. Madziva is not good, simply put.
A very good point. Using stats as a means to prove somebody's worth is only valid if it is fluid and used everywhere. Caught out once more old boy

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

all I'm saying is that the same we are concerned about them is the same they were concerned when they saw us winning in Sri Lanka and BT and Jarvis coming back. We have to have a positive mindset otherwise we won't go anywhere. I know a lot of people aren't even Zimbabwean so it might not matter to them but anything short of qualification is a failure in my eyes

pariah

Post by pariah »

sloandog wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:03 am
Flakeman wrote:
You bring down Jarvis on stats all the time whilst praising the likes of Phelukwayo, who averages close on 40 with the ball in FC cricket
A very good point. Using stats as a means to prove somebody's worth is only valid if it is fluid and used everywhere. Caught out once more old boy
The boy is 21 and averages 20 in Tests! I said Jarvis - ODI, stick to Phehlukwayo - Tests!!!
PhehlukwayoViljoenTestFC02 - Copy.png
PhehlukwayoViljoenTestFC02 - Copy.png (72.49 KiB) Viewed 3418 times
Flakeman wrote:
Madziva is not good, simply put.
MadzivaODIs - Copy.png
MadzivaODIs - Copy.png (86.29 KiB) Viewed 3418 times
Flakeman wrote:
You are a hypocrite and a racist. I pity you.

Flakeman

Post by Flakeman »

Haha he averages 20 in 2 tests vs Bangladesh in South Africa. Look at his domestic stats, how did he get picked in the first place? Oh wait...

pariah

Post by pariah »

Flakeman wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:12 am
Haha he averages 20 in 2 tests vs Bangladesh in South Africa. Look at his domestic stats, how did he get picked in the first place? Oh wait...
PhehlukwayoViljoenTestFC01 - Copy.png
PhehlukwayoViljoenTestFC01 - Copy.png (52.88 KiB) Viewed 3408 times

Flakeman

Post by Flakeman »

Haha congrats for making yourself look stupid there. There’s a proven class bowler, thanks for posting that. Or are you trying to contradict your 20 Tests minimum again?

pariah

Post by pariah »

Flakeman wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:28 am
Haha congrats for making yourself look stupid there. There’s a proven class bowler, thanks for posting that. Or are you trying to contradict your 20 Tests minimum again?
:? Thank you.

The "minimum" is mine now too? :lol:

Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

Windies 2-0 down against New Zealand.

Windies can't be taken as best to be one out of two team to win the qualifiers and be a part of world cup 2019. Poor performance of Windies, keeping all 10 teams balanced, and much open tournament, with any two team can qualify for 2019 World Cup.