ZCF Celebrates - 10 Year Anniversary

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

ZCF Celebrates - 10 Year Anniversary

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

It was today, 10 years ago, that ZCF was born from the userbases of the only two sites that treated Zimbabwean cricket with respect; zimcricketnews.com :6: and brmtaylor.com :6:

Since then, this place has grown into the number one site on the internet for people who care about Zimbabwe cricket. Well done everyone who made this forum into the great place that it is!

As we celebrate a decade, what are your favourite ZCF memories?

Andybligzz
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: ZCF Celebrates - 10 Year Anniversary

Post by Andybligzz »

Awesome stuff , thanks to all the admins and all the contributors of a interesting and fun forum. My favourite memory in the ten years was Brendan Taylor’s unbeaten 100 against South Africa , was a amazing innings and always watch after I’ve had a few drinks ;) the recent series victory over Sri Lanka was also amazing and I think it sparked a lot of people to come out of hiding to show a interest in zim cricket again. Also from this forum the last week the amount of people that have helped me get my hands on a zim shirt or offered to help it’s truely humbling. Special thanks to Zimdoggy , sloandog and Aus zim for all helping me
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!

pariah
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by pariah »

Maehara's Jemisi glitch...

ImageImageImage

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

I think my favourite memory was when Ray Price decided to return to the fold, having only a month previously stated he intended to play for England.

A close second was probably seeing the squad we put our against Bangladesh at home in 2009.

Coventry, Taylor, Vermuelan, Williams and Waller all made a return to the side, while for me it was the first time I had seen Graeme Cremer bowl on TV.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

I was actually late for a Saturday game because I was watching the Charles Coventry knock of 194*

eugene

Post by eugene »

The all-time ZCF XI is almost complete, will be released soon.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

I think there are so many wonderful memories. Lot of great discussions. Tough to pick just a few. Through asking all those questions on the Photo Quiz thread, I have learnt a lot about ex and current Zimbabwean cricketers (and their families and their uncles and their dogs), helped on initially by zimfan1 and later by foreignfield with their tough questions as well. Very enriching experience. Match threads are always great, and especially the discussions around the domestic leagues. I eagerly await every post by gargamel and Train Driver - they are very few and far between, but really worth looking forward to. Jemisi's stats, eugene's one liners, ZIMDOGGY's "insights", the list goes on.

Thanks for this wonderful place admins!

Probably the most wonderful thing about ZCF for me is that I have been able to meet a couple of members through this and have discussed Zim Cricket with them in person - nothing beats that.
eugene wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:26 pm
Can't wait to see that!

Also great to see ZCF main forum crossing 100,000 posts on this day. That makes it 10,000 posts per year on average. Not bad at all!

pariah

Post by pariah »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:32 pm
I think there are so many wonderful memories. Lot of great discussions. Tough to pick just a few. Through asking all those questions on the Photo Quiz thread, I have learnt a lot about ex and current Zimbabwean cricketers (and their families and their uncles and their dogs), helped on initially by zimfan1 and later by foreignfield with their tough questions as well. Very enriching experience. Match threads are always great, and especially the discussions around the domestic leagues. I eagerly await every post by gargamel and Train Driver - they are very few and far between, but really worth looking forward to. Jemisi's stats, eugene's one liners, ZIMDOGGY's "insights", the list goes on.

Thanks for this wonderful place admins!

Probably the most wonderful thing about ZCF for me is that I have been able to meet a couple of members through this and have discussed Zim Cricket with them in person - nothing beats that.
eugene wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:26 pm
Can't wait to see that!

Also great to see ZCF main forum crossing 100,000 posts on this day. That makes it 10,000 posts per year on average. Not bad at all!
Bold identities... :)

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

I can't believe it's been 8 years actually since I joined :?
A lot has passed since then!

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15

The first post/thread, appropriately by one of three ZCF legends