[Match Thread] Logan Cup - Tuskers v Mountaineers Dec 3 - 6

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Andybligzz
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: [Match Thread] Logan Cup - Tuskers v Mountaineers Dec 3 - 6

Post by Andybligzz »

pariah wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:29 pm
An Ian Kaia coming in at 7 and getting a half ton makes me happy. If only Kasuza was at 6 and they were in a lovely partnership.

Today ENG have Root at 3 and Australia have an excellent Smith at 3(often). This wouldn't have been possible if they were sacrificed at County/Shield level.

ZIm is breaking all its best prospects. Just look at how good Chari is. That boy can play. He can really play. But plenty of tough times against the Chataras, Shingis, Chinouyas and Panyangaras etc make it hard for you.

Regis Chakabva is perhaps the best example of what can happen if a good player is not sacrificed too early in their career. It's no wonder he is by far Zimbabwe's best batsman after this senior generation leaves.

It's part of the reason why you will see a Mutombodzi do well in international cricket. For the same reason it's not an accident to see Prince Masvaure not look out of his depth at A or international level. Confidence breeds success, and you build confidence through proper management and introduction to the game.

The sad reality is that batsmen like Malcolm and Mutumbami simply have natural deficiencies in their stance etc which are awkward and wrong. Craig is more assured than them, and that's translated into him doing better than them despite batting in that 5/6 region for some time. Timecyn Maruma is another who has enough confidence and exposure now to back him to do well.

I would bet a lot of money on Jongwe/Nathan getting a Test century than Burl/Kamunhukamwe. It's part of the reason why some people think a Wiaan Mulder is a great prospect. Wait until he bats high like Stiaan van Zyl. He will either be a weaker batsman or bowler. Most likely he will end up being a bowler who can bat a bit or a batsman who bowls seam occasionally.

Out of interest, what is a Mitchell Marsh who bats at number 4 or a Mitchell Marsh who bats at number 8?
You don’t seem to know to much about Aussie cricket , Siddle only bowls at 125 now since his back problems while ncn hits 140 with decent out swing to a right hander , was all over Kohli in the one dayers. Smith always bats at 4 unless they are playing in Asia / subcontinent ect and still uzzy always gets a test to fail then be dropped for someone which enables smith to move to 3 . Talking about Mitch Marsh is just stupid he’s had a lot of chances and proven he’s a white ball player , maybe in a few years when his hot head calms down he might be ready. Until then should be no where near the test team and my theory of 6 bests bats , best wicket keeper and your 4 best bowlers is proven right again by the selectors . This all rounder crap is nonsense , just like your comments about Aus cricketers . Please stop worrying about people’s ages , it makes no sense judging someone on age , it’s childish and shows how not
Open to anything you are . A lot like your racist comments always shunting white people. You have so much to offer this forum yet you constantly try argue and make ridiculous arguments with no commen sense and ignore when you are wrong or simply don’t reply, wonder how old you are ? Never wanted to share that one did you bud ?
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Wickets and runs for Tiripano and Shingi

I said it before that I won’t be surprised if they’re both in the Boxing Day Test side
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Black Mamba
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Black Mamba »

jaybro wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:31 am
Wickets and runs for Tiripano and Shingi

I said it before that I won’t be surprised if they’re both in the Boxing Day Test side

One week holiday tour of South Africa :) Cricket will just be a formality. Its surely be the begining of four day test under tier 2 system for Zimbabwe.

Andybligzz

Post by Andybligzz »

It’s one or the other for me they are to similar and I’d rather Donald only because of his lesser economy rate of late .
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!

tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by tawac »

Well given that the current senior players are hardly playing any cricket to speak of Tiripano could easily make the team as a batsman. He has really been putting the runs on the board he should perhaps try batting higher for the goats. I saw somewhere that Shingi actually opens the batting at club level. Nyauchi and Masuku just going about their business this season leading wicket takers. No one can take the ball from Masuku bowling 27 overs and getting due reward with 4 wickets.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

As Conant said, Shingi's economy rate scares me a bit. But we can even try to fit them both in for the Boxing Day - Tiripano and Shingi that is. Here goes:

Hamilton
The Don
Taylor
Ervine
Moor
Raza
Regis
Shingi
Cremer
Jarvis
Chatara

There are question marks over Chatara's fitness again with him missing now. Hope nothing serious.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Don deserves to play on merit but knowing Taibu the team was selected a long time ago. if we play a standard 7-4 then Don has to play

aydee

Post by aydee »

pariah wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:29 pm
Ian Kaia coming in at 7
Who?

Zero76

Post by Zero76 »

Really, considering they offer a fairly similar set of skills, there is only room for one out of Don and Shingi in the test team. Personally I would lean towards Tiripano on the basis that he has bowled better so far this Logan Cup season.
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Zero76 wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:12 am
Really, considering they offer a fairly similar set of skills, there is only room for one out of Don and Shingi in the test team. Personally I would lean towards Tiripano on the basis that he has bowled better so far this Logan Cup season.
Yeah, can't dispute that.