[Match Thread] Logan Cup - Tuskers v Mountaineers Dec 3 - 6

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: [Match Thread] Logan Cup - Tuskers v Mountaineers Dec 3 - 6

Post by jaybro »

Zero76 wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:12 am
Really, considering they offer a fairly similar set of skills, there is only room for one out of Don and Shingi in the test team. Personally I would lean towards Tiripano on the basis that he has bowled better so far this Logan Cup season.
Streak likes a long batting lineup so I still think there’s a chance we see both on Boxing Day

Although Streak loves Bobby so we might not see either of them

Long batting side *

Cremer
Tiripano
Shingi
KJ / Chatara

Likely side *

Cremer
KJ
Chatara
Mpofu
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Conant
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Conant »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:01 pm
As Conant said, Shingi's economy rate scares me a bit. But we can even try to fit them both in for the Boxing Day - Tiripano and Shingi that is. Here goes:

Hamilton
The Don
Taylor
Ervine
Moor
Raza
Regis
Shingi
Cremer
Jarvis
Chatara

There are question marks over Chatara's fitness again with him missing now. Hope nothing serious.

The Don opening! :D :D :D :)

I wouldn't change your team. :)

I see people have run out of patience with Williams.
Zero76 wrote:
Really, considering they offer a fairly similar set of skills, there is only room for one out of Don and Shingi in the test team. Personally I would lean towards Tiripano on the basis that he has bowled better so far this Logan Cup season.
I don't know if they offer a similar set of skills. To be specific Shingi is a wicket taker and the Don is a container. He takes wickets at Logan Cup but as we saw last month and in Sri Lanka, not enough to trouble batsmen at international level.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Williams looks to be back to some sort of form

Quality attack he’s up against and 65* at the moment

Does anyone know what has happened to Natsai M’shangwe??
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Andybligzz

Post by Andybligzz »

It’s good to see Williams making some handy runs but PJ made his runs when it mattered and deserves to keep his spot. As much as I think PJ will struggle against SA , he just keeps playing well in the test arena and you cannot fault the man for that.The more pressure on the squad the better it is for zim cricket anyway.
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!

pariah

Post by pariah »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:28 am
Zero76 wrote:
Yeah, can't dispute that.
To imply Tiripano is on par with Shingi is to imply Tiripano is better than Jarvis and Vitori.

The best 3 new ball bowlers in Zim are:
1.Panyangara
2.Chatara
3.Shingi

The only other bowlers at that level are Rainsford, Hondo and Elton(all three preinjury).

The reality is Vitori and Jarvis still have a lot to prove at Test level. Even Mpofu has been more consistent than them in a way. (pace hurts Mpariwa and Meth)

Tiripano (and Chinouya) are nowhere near Shingi.

pariah

Post by pariah »

Being South African and hearing Zim cricket fans discuss Tiripano opening plus throwing in an unfit Chatara as well as a Jarvis who can't bend his back much more than Bruce James, makes one wonder why ZIM is even playing a Boxing Day Test against a star-studded Proteas if the fans aren't even bothered about the event. Even worse with the insistence on a mascot Sean Williams.

aydee

Post by aydee »

pariah wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:42 pm
Bruce James
Who?