[Match Thread] Logan Cup - Eagles v Rhinos Dec 3 - 6

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
pariah
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: [Match Thread] Logan Cup - Eagles v Rhinos Dec 3 - 6

Post by pariah »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:24 pm
pariah wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:17 pm
A non-keeping non-bowling PJ Moor batting as low as 5/6? :?
Ah! He disappoints you by coming out at 4...
Nope. My point still stands.

Who in that top 3 should really be batting ahead of him? Even your answer will qualify that my point still stands.

pariah

Post by pariah »

We have an issue in England where the likes of Root and Bairstow(a keeper) didn't want to let Ballance bat above them in County cricket. While in Australia even Maxwell was fighting to bat as high as possible. Some of it becoming a media spectacle with emotions and strong words exchanged. In SA we had an influx of senior batsmen suddenly all going back to open even keepers like Morne van Wyk and Heino Kuhn. While many were fighting for that number 3 slot.

In Zimbabwe the situation is completely different. Every national team prospect - Burl, Moor etc all as far away from the top 3 as possible! While those who do step up like Kasuza and Chari are villified with every failure.

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

pariah wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:54 pm
CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:24 pm
pariah wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:17 pm
A non-keeping non-bowling PJ Moor batting as low as 5/6? :?
Ah! He disappoints you by coming out at 4...
Nope. My point still stands.

Who in that top 3 should really be batting ahead of him? Even your answer will qualify that my point still stands.
4 is not equal to 5/6. So, factually wrong.

Also, by your own definition of more experienced players coming up higher in the order, Chapungu and Masvaure have many more FC matches than Moor and they should lead by example, followed by Gupo and Moor. So, 4 is not all that bad.

Plus, Moor has always put his hand up even in the national setup to try different positions for the sake of team balance, so your point is moot. Take on the Tuskers middle order all your life, but Moor is not at fault. And you won't accept it as usual.

How about Chigs opening for Eagles and Vusi for Mountaineers at the same rate?

Tom91
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by Tom91 »

Moor needs to score big in this game. Far to inconsistent for my liking.

pariah

Post by pariah »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:06 pm
Also, by your own definition of more experienced players coming up higher in the order, Chapungu and Masvaure have many more FC matches than Moor and they should lead by example, followed by Gupo and Moor. So, 4 is not all that bad.
Neil Mckenzie and Jacques Rudolph batting lower than Rilee Rossouw and Stiaan van Zyl makes sense. In India's case, there were times where I felt Manoj Tiwary would have done better if he backed himself up the order some more, and wouldn't have appreciated some of the older discarded/unsuitable Indian batsmen batting higher than him in domestic cricket.
Plus, Moor has always put his hand up even in the national setup to try different positions for the sake of team balance, so your point is moot.
So have Utseya, Mutumbami, Timecyn Maruma etc. Difference is, in FC and List A, Moor was an opener just like Chari. You of all people know that intimately. It' slike someone ignoring Brendan Taylor was a regular u19, FC and List A opener for several years ... oops.
Take on the Tuskers middle order all your life, but Moor is not at fault.
Are you referring to Rhinos? Or saying Raza, Williams and Craig wrong but Moor not due to Rhinos? In that case, what of Malcom and Taylor?
How about Chigs opening for Eagles and Vusi for Mountaineers at the same rate?
Check the threads. viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14154&start=10

I put Vusi at 3. He should open alongside Hami in Mawoyo's absence. If Chamu and Elton are not bowling they should open. With bowling duties I put them at 3 and 4. If Regis does not keep, him and Chamu must open, while Elton comes in at 3.

When it comes to incumbents, I don't tolerate any of them needlessly batting lower than 3. Never!!!

It really should be:
Goats: Mawoyo, Hami, Vusi, Mutizwa, Maruma
Eagles: Regis, Chamu, Elton, Mutombodzi
Rhinos: Malcolm, Taylor, Moor, Prince
Tuskers: Craig, Raza, Sean, Mutumbami

Anything else is absolute nonsense!!!

Mutumbami, Timecyn Maruma, Mutombodzi and prince belong to the senior class, and rightfully should be the pool ZIM draws from after those 13.

Likes of Kasuza, Chari, Kaia, can follow.

Only then can ZIM be looking at the likes of Musakanda, Burl etc.

If you look at the lineups I put above, just ask yourself how many of them actually opened the batting, and that will tell you why ZIm cricket is so bad. Even worse if you consider that:
Craig
Hami
Vusi
Williams

All failed batting that low!

Tom91

Post by Tom91 »

Tom91 wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:41 pm
Moor needs to score big in this game. Far to inconsistent for my liking.
And I've jinxed him :lol:

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

pariah wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:07 pm
I put Vusi at 3. He should open alongside Hami in Mawoyo's absence. If Chamu and Elton are not bowling they should open. With bowling duties I put them at 3 and 4. If Regis does not keep, him and Chamu must open, while Elton comes in at 3.
Good to have that clarified. I wonder why you were only taking on Moor, Ervine and Williams yesterday and not Vusi and Elton till this was pointed out.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Mayavo makes a good 63 well done

Rhinos take an unlikely first innings lead

* so it’s ok for Vusi to bat @ 4 but Malcolm, Ervine, Williams, Moor and BT are cowards ?
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Asking Malcolm to open in a first class match shows you have zero knowledge about cricket

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Elton opening lol that’s one of your best 😂😂😂😂😂