[Match Thread] ZCF vs ZCF A, Only Test

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
pariah
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: [Match Thread] ZCF vs ZCF A, Only Test

Post by pariah »

zimfan1 wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:04 pm
CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:58 am
Righto Flakeman's just been dismissed, thanks to the probing 6th and possibly last over of the spell by sloandog. Edged by Flakeman, who never looked confident all through the innings, and the keeper ZIMDOGGY fluffs it, only for the ball to go straight into the safe hands of CrimsonAvenger at the first slip.

2/35 after 11.
Wait a sec, the umpires are asking Flakeman to hold on as they want to check the no ball.

Looks mighty close but it looks like Sloandog doesn't have anything planted behind the white line. Remember the line belongs to the umpire. And yes a no ball is given.

ZIMDOGGY is not impressed and makes his feeling well known to umpire Tiffin. He may find himself in the match referees room after the game.
:lol: :lol: :lol: good one. Very good!

pariah

Post by pariah »

Andybligzz wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:52 am
zimfan1 wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:48 am
Vocal crowd in today. Currently bursting into song about their leader Zimfan1.

Things could get rowdy after a liquid lunch ;)
This made me laugh :lol: gold
+1

pariah

Post by pariah »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:19 pm
Meanwhile the ZCF fans are discussing the match with heated debates over at the zcfcricketforums.com. Fans of ZCF cricket teams mostly include current and former Zimbabwe cricketers themselves!
Prosper Utseya wrote:I hope the so called ZCF "legends" team loses and faces the ignominy of losing to the greenhorns of the A team. Look at all the racial imbalance in the team there! How can they entrust a Bangladeshi US-based Kriterion to pick the team in the first place? I would have gone all the way up to the patron...
Brendan Taylor wrote:
Prosper Utseya wrote:I hope the so called ZCF "legends" team loses and faces the ignominy of losing to the greenhorns of the A team. Look at all the racial imbalance in the team there! How can they entrust a Bangladeshi US-based Kriterion to pick the team in the first place? I would have gone all the way up to the patron...
Lol. There is a new patron if you didn't know Pro, not accessible to you anymore... :lol: :lol:
Guy Whittall wrote:Enjoy the game, why all the hatred?
Stuart Carlisle wrote:Look, the game is finished. ZCF is not getting any new members of note for over a couple of years now. Yes, there is a TapsC or a Zero76, but they are very much inexperienced and have a long way to go. Nothing close to a few years ago when a Jaybro or a bayhaus burst onto the scene with stellar performances from the word go. Talent is running dry. This match is a waste of time. ZCF should just close down.
Brian Murphy wrote:Hear hear. ZCF should have insvested on grass roots memberships ages ago. BRMT and maehara just filled their coffers and did nothing for the forums.
Mark Vermeulen wrote:@E#^&%&^*
Peit Rinke wrote:I think cock should have played.
Mluleki Nkala wrote:Look, I know your infatuation about cock Piet, but he left ZCF long ago. Time to move on and focus on the youth. Get bujumbura in early I'd say.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

I'm running drinks...

can I take a nap?

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

Trust Hhm to drop an easy catch off my bowling 😝

Very good from all involved I’ve enjoyes this
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

ZCF has had no luck in the first hour this morning. With the game meandering along and in desperate need of a breakthrough - not to mention after hours of imploring Jemisi to throw him the ball on day 1 - the captain has finally relented.

brmtaylor.com admin has the ball in hand at the City End. There's a leg slip in place, two conventional slips and a silly mid off all crowding the batsman.

103.1 brmtaylor.com admin to gargamel, no run, pitched on off but a little short. The batsman easily works it to the fielder at short square leg but there's no run there.

103.2 brmtaylor.com admin to gargamel, no run, prodigious turn! Like Googly on day one, brmtaylor.com admin is getting the ball to talk here at Harare Sports Club. This pitches short outside off and is collected by the leg slip.

103.3 brmtaylor.com admin to gargamel, 1 run, too full and easily punched down to long off for a single.

103.4 brmtaylor.com admin to JontyM, no run, was that a leg break? There seemed to be a lot of wrist in that action, which landed on a good length just outside leg stump and fizzed past the outside edge. The wicket keeper can't believe that missed the bat.

103.5 brmtaylor.com admin to JontyM, OUT, caught at leg slip! JontyM was rattled by the amount of turn and looked to smother it with a sweep shot, but it's just kissed the top of the bat and popped up to bayhaus who takes a simple catch. A great partnership comes to an end thanks to what can only be described as world class spin bowling.

JontyM 112 (190) c. bayhaus b. brmtaylor.com admin
F.O.W. 4/301

In walks Andybligzz, who made it known before the game in a well publicised war of words with sloandog that he likes the ball coming on to the bat.

103.6 brmtaylor.com admin to Andybligzz, OUT, clean bowled! That was very full and cannoned into Andybligzz back pad before deflecting on to the stumps - he totally misjudged the flight of that one. Hawk-Eye shows it would have also been out leg-before. In the space of two deliveries, brmtaylor.com admin has got his team back into this match.

Andybliggz 0 (1) b. brmtaylor.com admin
F.O.W. 5/301
5/301 after 104 overs.

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Very modest there, the lucky part time spinner brmtaylor.com admin :)

Anyway, this has opened up the gates for ZCF team I guess, they must seize the opportunity...

More banter from ZCFCF: zcfcricketforums.com
Stuart Carlisle wrote:
Brian Murphy wrote:Hear hear. ZCF should have insvested on grass roots memberships ages ago. BRMT and maehara just filled their coffers and did nothing for the forums.
Yeah, you are right. They snuffed out any chances of a ZIMDOGGY takeover in 2016 too. All downhill I'm afraid now...
Sikandar Raza wrote:Pay no attention to the doom and gloom brigade. Sharing this bit of news about one of the all-time ZCF greats: Dr. Situ gets an award: https://twitter.com/drsitu/status/937917873405808645
Vusi Sibanda wrote:
Sikandar Raza: wrote:Pay no attention to the doom and gloom brigade. Sharing this bit of news about one of the all-time ZCF greats: Dr. Situ gets an award: https://twitter.com/drsitu/status/937917873405808645
Congrats to the good doctor!
Ray Price wrote:
Sikandar Raza: wrote:Pay no attention to the doom and gloom brigade. Sharing this bit of news about one of the all-time ZCF greats: Dr. Situ gets an award: https://twitter.com/drsitu/status/937917873405808645
Well done, Doc!
Hamilton Masakadza wrote:As we watch the gripping match, here's the next ZCF Photo Quiz question:
181. Which ZCF great had sketched this in his childhood?
painting9.jpg
painting9.jpg (55.09 KiB) Viewed 1901 times
Craig Ervine wrote:
Hamilton Masakadza wrote:As we watch the gripping match, here's the next ZCF Photo Quiz question:
Let me guess... Ming?
Hamilton Masakadza wrote:Good guess, but nope...
Regis Chakabva wrote:
I'm faily certain that it is CrimsonAvenger...
Hamilton Masakadza wrote:Absolutely correct!

Scores:
Craig Ervine: 35
Regis Chakabva, Hamilton Masakadza: 33
Sikandar Raza: 23
Graeme Cremer: 18
Gus Mackay: 14
Ray Price, Prosper Utseya, Elton Chigumbura, Tino Mawoyo, Eddo Brandes: 1
Donald Tiripano wrote:Right, things getting interesting in the middle now. If Jemisi brings back his trump cards, they can run through this lower middle order of ZCF A. The pacers have been on the money but unlucky not to get more rewards. But hatsoff to gargamel. Chanceless innings so far...

pariah

Post by pariah »

With nobody else to turn to, and the ZCF A building a runaway total Jemisi desperately and quite fortuitously threw the ball at hhm whose part time off spin has swiftly whittled out ZCF A.

Captain Taps relaxed in the comfort of a set batsmen and a decent total lazily pulled hhm's loosener straight down mid-on's throat. eugene making no mistake this time.

One ball later Stoneman the other leftie in the side got bowled while rooted to the spot watching a wide one that turned sharply to knock the top of his offstump.

Not wanting to get caught napping by the uncertainty of this part timer, Robot put out a huge forward defensive stride to one that pitched on off stump at a good length. A thick inside edge bounced of the bottom of his thigh and slowly trickled to the base of his leg stump. No amount of gargamel's screams could alert him to what was unfolding. Surely all his senses malfunctioned.

Hat-trick hhm!!!

gargamel was next to regret insisting that Zero takes a bye off that wicked delivery so he could get to his century before he runs out of partners. His needless flick landing safely into ZIMDOGGY's waiting hands, and a bemused Jemisi wondering who had placed him at leg slip to begin with.

tawac was next to come in apparently under strict instruction to run at everything remotely possible. He duly did after blocking a straight one, except he led with his foot not his bat. He met Ming's raised index finger at the other end.

ZCF A 387 all out. Zero 0*(0)

Clapping hands all round as hhm leads his teammates off the field, ball in hand after an incredible fifer, on his way to pad up for the reply in unusual circumstances with Train Driver strategically redeployed by Jemisi without warning.

Zero76

Post by Zero76 »

Zero76 is warming up at fine leg getting ready to bowl. Skiddy fast-medium, will look to move the ball away from the right handers.
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

eugene

Post by eugene »

Word is filtering through that players from both teams have gone on strike to protest pay and work conditions, although the rumour mill is saying that hhm is delaying the prospect of having to open and has thus decided to concoct a strike instead.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes