[Match Thread] ZCF vs ZCF A, Only Test

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

[Match Thread] ZCF vs ZCF A, Only Test

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

Only Test at Harare Sports Club.

I'm not actually sure what happens beyond this post, but let's give the visiting team (ZCF A) first use of the wicket and say ZCF A are batting first.

sloandog has the new ball in his hands, gargamel is on strike.

ZCF:
1. hhm
2. bayhaus
3. CrimsonAvenger
4. brmtaylor.com admin
5. Jemisi (c)
6. eugene
7. ZIMDOGGY
8. Googly
9. Train Driver
10. sloandog
11. jaybro
ZCF A:
1. gargamel
2. Conant
3. Flakeman
4. Black Mamba
5. JontyM
6. Andybligzz
7. TapsC (c)
8. Stoneman Returns
9. The Robot
10. Zero76
11. tawac

Andybligzz
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: [Match Thread] ZCF vs ZCF A, Only Test

Post by Andybligzz »

If Sloandog is opening the bowling , I’m moving up to 3 as a pinch hitter I fancy myself against him a lot.
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Andybligzz wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:32 am
If Sloandog is opening the bowling , I’m moving up to 3 as a pinch hitter I fancy myself against him a lot.
No faith in gargamel and Conant seeing off the new ball?

Andybligzz

Post by Andybligzz »

We are the A team for a reason :W:
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Sloandog to Gargamel, full outside off stump with a hint of away movement, carrying nicely through to the keeper. No run

Sloandog to Gargamel, again full of length but on the pads (no swing this time) and punched confidently through square leg. 2 runs.

Sloandog to Gargamel, 4 runs! Away swinging half volley on off stump, caressed through cover point with a Laxman like finesse, hitting the boundary within seconds of leaving the bat. Wow!

Sloandog to Gargamel, shorter this time, with the ball whistling past the lid of the batsman, flying through to the keeper at head height! His reaction says it all, that was fast and nasty! No run.

Sloandog to Gargamel, running in hard now! Good length on off stump but defended solidly by the batter. Compact and well behind it, the ball bouncy off the track and back into the hands of the bowler, who takes a few steps towards the right hander with a determined stare! No run.

Sloandog to Gargamel, short on and wide but too quick for the batter, who flashes hard at it! 143Kph and a few words from the bowler to go with it! This should be an exciting contest.

''Is this the Sloandog from a few years ago who was considered the quickest in the country?''
Yes it is, and having been sidlined due to injury has made a spicy return by the looks of it!

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

ZCF A - 0/6 (1 ov)

gargamel 6 (6)
Conant* 0 (0)

sloandog 1-0-6-0

Conant
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Conant »

brmtaylor.com admin wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:36 am
Andybligzz wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:32 am
No faith in gargamel and Conant seeing off the new ball?
I will bat all day if need be. :D

As obdurate and obstinate as they come, and worse I don't much fancy Flakeman coming after me and just cashing in on my hard work just like that. :D :D :lol:

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

I guess, we can safely say that the second over by jaybro to Conant was a maiden then. Solid in defence.

pariah
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by pariah »

Inspired choice from captain Jemisi. His placement of hhm at the leaky cover region in place of eugene has immediate effect. He snuffs one of jaybro's juicy wide full tosses off the middle of Conant's bat. Excellent reflexes by the fielder!

Fall of wicket 3.2 Overs Conant 16(8) 4 x 4

ZCF A 24/1 after 3.2 overs

gargamel 8*(12)
Flakeman 0*

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Conant wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:59 am
I will bat all day if need be. :D

As obdurate and obstinate as they come, and worse I don't much fancy Flakeman coming after me and just cashing in on my hard work just like that. :D :D :lol:
pariah wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:15 am
Inspired choice from captain Jemisi. His placement of hhm at the leaky cover region in place of eugene has immediate effect. He snuffs one of jaybro's juicy wide full tosses off the middle of Conant's bat. Excellent reflexes by the fielder!

Fall of wicket 3.2 Overs Conant 16(8) 4 x 4

ZCF A 24/1 after 3.2 overs

gargamel 8*(12)
Flakeman 0*
Conant .... c. hhm b. jaybro .... 16 (8)

Even though it was only 16, you can't help but feel it got ZCF A off to a really positive start given the 200 strike rate. Clearly TapsC has instructed his batsmen to not to play their natural game, but to instead play their shots. :shock: