ZC, employee pay in trouble, grounds being upgraded

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: ZC, employee pay in trouble, grounds being upgraded

Post by sloandog »

pariah wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:03 am
It would be logical for a guy like Makoni to be on a big salary after all those years and standard increases.
Sorry, did I miss something here? What standard increases? You mean playing standards..?

Bulawayo Boy
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Bulawayo Boy »

I'm not sure that improved results would necessarily translate into increased revenue. Where does that idea come from? What do you mean? Sponsorships? Or are you saying people like India and England will want to play us?

As far a Manase, Mukhuhlani, Makoni, et al. go - what benefit are they bringing to the set up to justify a permanent salary????

I'd rather fire their useless asses and give a big wedge of money to a go-getter and man with balls like ‎Stephen Mangongo and say to him "Right old chap. You're the U19s coach and are responsible for our future talent. Get your backside into gear, go around the country and start getting all the old school cricket grounds fixed up and ready to rumble (Milton, Chaplin, Churchill, Fletcher, etc. etc.) and get ALL the 1st XI coaches properly trained to international standards."

I know he's unpopular on here sometimes, but certain things can be observed about him:
  • He cares about Zimbabwe Cricket
    His coaching style suits the youngsters
    He imparts a good work ethic
    He gets things done!

He's worth a pay cheque. Some of those other tossers aren't good enough to be waiters, let alone Administrators!

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

winning more games would lead to us to world cup qualification which i believe is worth almost 10 million dollars. winning more games will attract better opposition. you would see the Big 3 touring us. that brings more people to the ground(I remember HSC was absolutely packed for that S.A. and Australia tri-series final) and it will increase views on TV which will get you a better TV deal and more commercial sponsors. basically the players are the money. they are the only ones who can increase our revenue so they need to take this seriously.

look at what improving your game has done for Bangladesh. more games.. heavy weights touring with full stregnth teams because it is no longer a walk in the park..this will translate to a lot more money very soon because they have a huge population. even if you remember Zimbabwe tennis with the Black family and how they captured the nation. good results bring money

Bulawayo Boy

Post by Bulawayo Boy »

TapsC wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:39 pm
winning more games would lead to us to world cup qualification which i believe is worth almost 10 million dollars. winning more games will attract better opposition. you would see the Big 3 touring us. that brings more people to the ground(I remember HSC was absolutely packed for that S.A. and Australia tri-series final) and it will increase views on TV which will get you a better TV deal and more commercial sponsors. basically the players are the money. they are the only ones who can increase our revenue so they need to take this seriously.

look at what improving your game has done for Bangladesh. more games.. heavy weights touring with full stregnth teams because it is no longer a walk in the park..this will translate to a lot more money very soon because they have a huge population. even if you remember Zimbabwe tennis with the Black family and how they captured the nation. good results bring money
Some interesting points TapsC. Interesting indeed. Very insightful.

Yes I agree that W.C. qualification would bring in money - and let's face it, it's what we fans want anyway. :lol: So yes the players are "brand Zimbabwe" to a great extent. I'm not sure, but I have heard whisperings that a lot of the Zim players don't have the fitness levels of other nations' players which certainly, yes, indicates things are not being taken seriously enough. Especially, if one considers that this is a factor that each individual can work on on a daily basis. There doesn't seem to be a logical reason to me why two good players like Panyangara and Taylor have been slated in terms of fitness. It's not really on, and frankly not good enough.

I'm not 100% sure that the TV deals and commercial sponsorship would be as forthcoming, as easy to get, or as lucrative as you think though, mainly because local companies have had the bejesus kicked out of them over the last 15 years and are on their knees - as is the economy. Plus our media side of thing is very backwards, even when compared to South Africa. To my mind this would mean we probably need to rely on some sort of foreign T.V. deal and foreign sponsors, and I think that is fraught with difficulties - if we can even get them.

I think that the real way of bringing is cash is to play the big boys - particularly India. But hell, we're going to need a quantum leap in terms of performance - last time India toured they sent their reserves and still hammered us.

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

"Zimbabwe based Pakistani businessman flees workplace"
http://bulawayo24.com/index-id-news-sc- ... 24310.html

I bet hhm has already typed out his post from the headline above, before even clicking the link ;)

pariah

Post by pariah »

sloandog wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:23 am
pariah wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:03 am
It would be logical for a guy like Makoni to be on a big salary after all those years and standard increases.
Sorry, did I miss something here? What standard increases? You mean playing standards..?
Oh it was about standard Labour/Employment laws not cricket.

pariah

Post by pariah »

Bulawayo Boy wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:33 pm
As far a Manase, Mukhuhlani, Makoni, et al. go - what benefit are they bringing to the set up to justify a permanent salary????

I'd rather fire their useless asses and give a big wedge of money to a go-getter and man with balls like ‎Stephen Mangongo and say to him "Right old chap. You're the U19s coach and are responsible for our future talent. Get your backside into gear, go around the country and start getting all the old school cricket grounds fixed up and ready to rumble (Milton, Chaplin, Churchill, Fletcher, etc. etc.) and get ALL the 1st XI coaches properly trained to international standards."

I know he's unpopular on here sometimes, but certain things can be observed about him:
  • He cares about Zimbabwe Cricket
    His coaching style suits the youngsters
    He imparts a good work ethic
    He gets things done!

He's worth a pay cheque. Some of those other tossers aren't good enough to be waiters, let alone Administrators!
Mangongo wouldn't be Mangongo if it weren't for Makoni. He's the godfather of the proper ZIMBABWE cricket, not that "Zimbabwe" Cricket "Union"

No single name can rival his. Not even AC, Bvute or Chingoka.

Bulawayo Boy

Post by Bulawayo Boy »

Sorry Pariah but I don't rate Makoni at all. He has been extremely harmful to Zimbabwean cricket, as has Bvute. I don't rate AC either to be honest. Chingoka is a funny one - I think his heart was in the right place (initially) but he had such idiots around him all the time that things fell apart and he became corrupted. What happened with that $6 million ICC loan was criminal and frankly Bvute, Chingoka and Manase should all be in jail because what they did was actually commit a financial crime.

At least Mangongo, in spite of being a miserable bugger at times - I admit, has his heart in the right place and cares more about Zimbabwe winning, than lining his pockets or promoting a racial or tribal agenda.