ZC, employee pay in trouble, grounds being upgraded

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Googly

Re: ZC, employee pay in trouble, grounds being upgraded

Post by Googly »

pariah wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:12 am
eugene wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:53 pm
Cricket reflects wider society.
Over which time periods in ZImbabwe? :?
eugene wrote:
Rhodesia was a first-world country with high employment, great infrastructure, a prospering economy...Mugabe rule have thrown the country back to the 1800s...It takes a long time to build something good, but not long to destroy something.
I don't blame you. But...

You should read up more http://www.herald.co.zw/849-reasons-why ... s-so-evil/
Without having the final verdict on this atrocity from authenticated forensic experts, perhaps you should read up more?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... shaft.html

Googly

Post by Googly »

Pariah you keep crossing the line. Our war holds many horror stories for all of us Zimbabweans, from both sides.
And the truth is always distorted depending on what you choose to read. You keep plumbing new lows.

Bulawayo Boy
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Bulawayo Boy »

Looking back at Zimbabwe cricket in the 1980s and early 1990s, it does not seem that there was a top heavy administration. From what I can tell most of the administrators, selectors, players and even the coach (one Mr. Townshend (ex B.A.C. Bulawayo)) were all part-time. Most of the players had jobs - if I recall correctly, Heath Streak was a professional hunter, Eddo Brandes a chicken farmer and John Rennie, I think, was a travel agent.

I think the problem here is that as Zimbabwe cricket improved a bit it gained more fixtures and was able to appoint some permanent personnel as a bit more money was coming in - i.e. Players did not have to stage BAKE SALES to fund their trips to the worlds cup! :lol:

We all know that politics then stuffed the development of the country up, but importantly, people who had no knowledge of cricket started becoming administrators. The money was totally wasted on them and we then developed a bloated administrational structure - which we still have.

The bald facts are that full-time administrators are NOT required. We have not evolved in the way other cricket nations have - we can't afford many centrally contracted players. Our cricket participation as a percentage of the population is too low, and there are not enough viewers either. Simply put most Zimbabweans are un-interested in cricket! Hence there is no money in it.

To sort the finances out we basically have to shut down Zimbabwe Cricket and revert most players to amateur status with a few centrally contracted players to beef up the National team. It basically needs to be run as a business - not as a cricket team.

The other option would be to ASK to South Africa is we could be come a de-facto cricket colony again, fielding a couple of city or province-based franchises in their 20/20 and other leagues. E.g. Cape Cobras vs Mat'land Tuskers.

The negatives to that plan are that most provinces would lose out.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

it's a difficult one but for us to remain full members we need a professional setup which needs full time and qualified admins. there is no way around it.. it's just about hiring competent people

In the end everybody has a part to play. these players are on bigger base salaries than guys from Bangladesh for example. it's their duty to get results which in turn brings in more money. at this current moment and time guys like BT and Jarvis have to deliver. if the accountant fails his job there is no mercy for him but here you have guys who ZC paid big money for going on holiday instead of playing FC cricket. if that was Mukuhlani you guys would have gone crazy. at this moment and time I hold the top players equally responsible for our future. there is absolutely no reason why we should accept losing to Afghanistan at this stage. what else more do these guys want? enough is enough

Googly

Post by Googly »

It would be so great to get a list of the ZC staff, their job titles and their salaries. And there are some poisonous people amongst them.

Bulawayo Boy

Post by Bulawayo Boy »

Googly wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:42 pm
It would be so great to get a list of the ZC staff, their job titles and their salaries. And there are some poisonous people amongst them.
Seconded.

eugene

Post by eugene »

pariah wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:12 am
eugene wrote:
Cricket reflects wider society.
Over which time periods in ZImbabwe? :?
eugene wrote:
Rhodesia was a first-world country with high employment, great infrastructure, a prospering economy...Mugabe rule have thrown the country back to the 1800s...It takes a long time to build something good, but not long to destroy something.
I don't blame you. But...

You should read up more http://www.herald.co.zw/849-reasons-why ... s-so-evil/
That mass grave is probably filled with Grace Mugabe's men-on-the-side.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

pariah

Post by pariah »

Googly wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:19 am
Pariah you keep crossing the line. Our war holds many horror stories for all of us Zimbabweans, from both sides.
And the truth is always distorted depending on what you choose to read. You keep plumbing new lows.
Just like here in SA, why was the "other" side there to begin with? Overlooking that is the ONLY thing that's crossing the line!

pariah

Post by pariah »

Googly wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:42 pm
Again you overlook what jward said, which is what I kept telling you guys. Go ahead and ask for your beloved Manase and Mukhuhlani's salaries. It would be logical for a guy like Makoni to be on a big salary after all those years and standard increases.

You have info about AC's package and his crazy salary demands. Feast on that alone for now. Your reasoning is the same as what's happening with Steinhoff Execs over here.

pariah

Post by pariah »

TapsC wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:40 pm
In the end everybody has a part to play. these players are on bigger base salaries than guys from Bangladesh for example. it's their duty to get results which in turn brings in more money. at this current moment and time guys like BT and Jarvis have to deliver. if the accountant fails his job there is no mercy for him but here you have guys who ZC paid big money for going on holiday instead of playing FC cricket. if that was Mukuhlani you guys would have gone crazy. at this moment and time I hold the top players equally responsible for our future. there is absolutely no reason why we should accept losing to Afghanistan at this stage. what else more do these guys want? enough is enough
I could not have said it better myself. Brilliant!