Boxing Day: Waller, Williams out; Burl, Blessing, Chatara in?

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Kriterion_BD

Re: Boxing Day: Waller, Williams out; Burl, Blessing, Chatara in?

Post by Kriterion_BD »

jaybro wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:48 am
pariah wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:03 am
tawac wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:54 am
Don't know why we should persist with Mire in that opening spot. May as well go with Chibhabha for lack of better choices or Perhaps have Moor open. Just don't see Mire doing any magic at the top.
There's a solid Ervine at number 3 who's too valuable to move up one spot. He'll no doubt stabilise things if any of the disposable openers fall like a proper number 3 does. Let Mire play.
In the other thread you said Ervine "looked like a dear in the head lights" facing Roach and Gabriel, now you're saying he should open ??
Ervine averages an embarrassingly low 35. He is expendable so the world class Vusi can bat at his rightful #4 position, score 7 runs in each innings and propel the team to unsurpassed heights.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Bulawayo Boy
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Bulawayo Boy »

Thanks Aydee.

Hmmmm, well I guess you could have worse nicknames.

Bulawayo Boy
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Bulawayo Boy »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:06 am
No one here has put Mire on a pedestal. That is why that comment is misleading and distasteful - also towards Ervine, if you choose to see through his sadistic comment. Mire is getting a chance, like any other. I'm not saying he deserves a go ahead of others and many others have debated bringing Chamu in his pace, etc. So, he is not an unquestionable choice. But if people are going to get a chance, which the selectors have given, they must get a fair deal, not just try one off and throw them away. The world would not witnessed what Marvan Attapattu was made of if he was thrown away after his first 4 tests.
Actually, I definitely put Mire on a pedestal. :lol:

But I still maintain if you can get a ton in ODIs you can get a Test ton. It'll take him a bit of time to adjust but I think his time is Oz will stand him in good stead. He was designated as an opener and IMO he now needs to knuckle down, and be properly coached as a Test opener. If the deck keeps getting shuffled then the players normally perform worse. Hami is a case in point - he's been moved around like a bloody yo yo! And his figures have suffered as a result.