Boxing Day: Waller, Williams out; Burl, Blessing, Chatara in?

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
pariah
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: Boxing Day: Waller, Williams out; Burl, Blessing, Chatara in?

Post by pariah »

totoro wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:34 am
pariah wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:31 am
Panyangara is clearly physically fit and match fit, plus an exemplary professional and great ambassador of the country - contrary to all the nonsense that was written all over the place. Why not bring him???
Panyangara wil bowl South Africa out for its' lowest ever total in both Innings!
Go ahead. make fun.

He actually has one Test vs SA:
http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/1166 ... abwe-2014/

Let's see how the replacements do compared to then:
PanyangaraTestSA - Copy.png
PanyangaraTestSA - Copy.png (13.1 KiB) Viewed 3315 times
Chatara(if he plays) can compare to himself, but let's see the new "lead" seamer and spinner.

tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by tawac »

Don't know why we should persist with Mire in that opening spot. May as well go with Chibhabha for lack of better choices or Perhaps have Moor open. Just don't see Mire doing any magic at the top.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

pariah

Post by pariah »

tawac wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:54 am
Don't know why we should persist with Mire in that opening spot. May as well go with Chibhabha for lack of better choices or Perhaps have Moor open. Just don't see Mire doing any magic at the top.
There's a solid Ervine at number 3 who's too valuable to move up one spot. He'll no doubt stabilise things if any of the disposable openers fall like a proper number 3 does. Let Mire play.

tawac

Post by tawac »

pariah wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:03 am
There's a solid Ervine at number 3 who's too valuable to move up one spot. He'll no doubt stabilise things if any of the disposable openers fall like a proper number 3 does. Let Mire play.
hahaha good one. No need to worry at all.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

tawac wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:41 am
pariah wrote:
hahaha good one. No need to worry at all.
Mate, that's a highly distasteful and sadistic sarcasm of his as usual. Not necessarily a joke.

tawac

Post by tawac »

Well on the contrary, why put a player on a pedestal. Mire is very much hit or miss. Which means number 3 or 4 could be in to face the music very early on. The team needs a proper opener.

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

No one here has put Mire on a pedestal. That is why that comment is misleading and distasteful - also towards Ervine, if you choose to see through his sadistic comment. Mire is getting a chance, like any other. I'm not saying he deserves a go ahead of others and many others have debated bringing Chamu in his pace, etc. So, he is not an unquestionable choice. But if people are going to get a chance, which the selectors have given, they must get a fair deal, not just try one off and throw them away. The world would not witnessed what Marvan Attapattu was made of if he was thrown away after his first 4 tests.

Bulawayo Boy

Post by Bulawayo Boy »

foreignfield wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:37 pm
Flakeman wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:35 pm
This Muzarabani kid already rubbing me up the wrong way. Can any Shona guy here explain what “Mabhunu” means?
I believe it means Afrikaaner or Boer; correct spelling seems to be muBhunu (?).
As far as I know it is a derogatory term and means "boer."

But I don't understand - who used the term and it what context? Muzarabani?

aydee

Post by aydee »

Bulawayo Boy wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:48 pm
foreignfield wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:37 pm
Flakeman wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:35 pm
This Muzarabani kid already rubbing me up the wrong way. Can any Shona guy here explain what “Mabhunu” means?
I believe it means Afrikaaner or Boer; correct spelling seems to be muBhunu (?).
As far as I know it is a derogatory term and means "boer."

But I don't understand - who used the term and it what context? Muzarabani?
Apparently he bounced a white boy in a kids game ages ago, so was given that as a nickname. He doesn't like it, but hasn't been able to shake it off. That's the story.

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

pariah wrote:
tawac wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:54 am
In the other thread you said Ervine "looked like a dear in the head lights" facing Roach and Gabriel, now you're saying he should open ??
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement