Boxing Day: Waller, Williams out; Burl, Blessing, Chatara in?

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
grant
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Boxing Day: Waller, Williams out; Burl, Blessing, Chatara in?

Post by grant »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:03 am
Looks like Chinouya is just a Ntini favorite who keeps making the squad. What has he got ahead of Tiripano? Yes, we all thought (at least I thought) Chinouya could be our Ambrose when he burst onto the scene but currently he is just a trundler with no domestic success too. If they don't fancy Shingi, why not Tiripano?

Mutombodzi on the other hand would make the ODI side I'm sure, and that is where he will be more effective, so fingers crossed...
Yeah, Chinouya bowled really well on debut. It looked like he was bowling at good pace and he got some disconcerting bounce as well. In fact, he hustled Virat Kohli with pace and bounce several times that day. It was quite disappointing to see him bowl slower and without much aggression against New Zealand last year. I would definitely like to see Tiripano instead of him in the squad.

Burl hasn't been in good form of late. Mutomobodzi would probably be a better pick.

The Robot
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by The Robot »

CSA has offered Zimbabwe as opponents in " Boxing Day " because other teams are having busy schedule, and the touring side will come a month later, since the boxing day test has large crowd turnaround, CSA officials can't stop it or miss the opportunity to earn more.

Draw or loss won't change Zimbabwe fortune in test cricket. Neither win will make ICC to change their decision on Zimbabwe future in test cricket.Zimbabwe wants test cricket, but can't arrange because of money, other nations are least interested in hosting Zimbabwe for test matches.

However, a team featuring with positive mindset and with a win can bring some confidence.

Solomon Mire
Hamilton Masakadza
Craig Ervine
Brendan Taylor
Peter Moor
Sikandar Raza
Regis Chakabva ( wkb)
Graeme Cremer
Kyle Jarvis
Tendai Chatara
Blessing Muzarabani

Performing Youth should'nt be a tourist, but should feature in the game, as result will have no impact in Zimbabwe's future in Test Cricket
Robo to rule :oops:

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

can't really complain much.. if you are going for a standard 7-4 then Williams is not really in our top 6 if we are honest in this format right now unless one of the guys decided to open.

Blessing really is a wild card pick not based on merit but he brings something completely different and he will catch the proteas by surprise. I do hope Mutizwa is in the squad. Mutombodzi and Zhuwao should make an appearance in Bangladesh

Flakeman

Post by Flakeman »

This Muzarabani kid already rubbing me up the wrong way. Can any Shona guy here explain what “Mabhunu” means?

foreignfield
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by foreignfield »

Flakeman wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:35 pm
This Muzarabani kid already rubbing me up the wrong way. Can any Shona guy here explain what “Mabhunu” means?
I believe it means Afrikaaner or Boer; correct spelling seems to be muBhunu (?).

Mr Twig

Post by Mr Twig »

Great to see Burl in the squad.I feel it will be between Moor and Burl to fight it out for one spot as the rest of the middle order is a lock.

Blessing should get his debut over Mpofu. Mire probably gets one last chance although others should have been considered.

Mire
Masakadza
Ervine
Taylor
Moor/Burl
Raza
Chakabva
Cremer
Jarvis
Chatara
Muzarabani

tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by tawac »

foreignfield wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:37 pm
Flakeman wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:35 pm
I believe it means Afrikaaner or Boer; correct spelling seems to be muBhunu (?).
Murungu/ mubhunu something just different delicts. it means white person.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Mr Twig wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:21 pm
Great to see Burl in the squad.I feel it will be between Moor and Burl to fight it out for one spot as the rest of the middle order is a lock.

Blessing should get his debut over Mpofu. Mire probably gets one last chance although others should have been considered.

Mire
Masakadza
Ervine
Taylor
Moor/Burl
Raza
Chakabva
Cremer
Jarvis
Chatara
Muzarabani
I guess with the squad picked I would prefer this line-up with PJ being my pick

grant
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by grant »

Mr Twig wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:21 pm

Mire
Masakadza
Ervine
Taylor
Moor/Burl
Raza
Chakabva
Cremer
Jarvis
Chatara
Muzarabani
I don't think they're gonna pick both Chatara and Muzarabani in the XI. My guess is they'll go with Bobby, Jarvis and Chatara. Bobby and Jarvis will do most of the bowling and Chatara will be used in short-bursts. Based on the Logan Cup matches he played in, it doesn't seem like Muzarabani is the kind of bowler who can bowl long spells just yet which is why I feel they'll pick Chatara ahead of him.

bujumbura
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by bujumbura »

i believe this is somehow a good squad considering the conditions in sa, but would have loved to see Tiripano in the squad for the mere fact of strengthening our lower order and bowling (his season logan cup figures say it all). Blessing is a wild card and experience will certainly count against him with that sa batting line up. Chamu has been in the fringes for too long and fails to step up a gear, i need remind him that age is against him and he's got to start pushing himself, with his experience the word potential doesnt apply anymore he gotta step on the peddle in all formats and games even domestic ones he features in.