[Match Thread] Tour Match - Zimbabwe v Cricket South Africa XI

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: [Match Thread] Tour Match - Zimbabwe v Cricket South Africa XI

Post by jaybro »

The interesting thing is the two spare batsman Burl and Chamu both did themselves very a massive service by playing well in this match.

Selection headaches for Streak
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

strikerlube

Post by strikerlube »

Agreed can everyone chill. No one could see the pitch or watch the game. No scores of 300+ so the deck maybe has been a bit challenging ( damage from both leggies)

No use bagging strike rates based on cricinfo. And honestly I'm appauled people bag SR's ESPECIALLY when the team is in trouble. For all we know burl ground out 50 on some earthquake/day5 looking deck - or some green shit late at night.

Warm ups a warm up. Some good individual performances but need to tackle the test as a team and all good. - that's all we can take from scorecard viewing.

strikerlube

Post by strikerlube »

And you can't rip on people getting first ballered lol. Far out.

pariah
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by pariah »

brmtaylor.com admin wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:48 am
If we're to trouble SA at all, Cremer will need to pick up a couple of bags so if there's one player we want in good form leading up the Boxing Day it's him.
Cremer took 20 overs to get 4 wickets at 3.35 in the 1st innings. He'll need at least 60 overs against the Proteas to get anywhere near there. All I can say is he'll break a World Record to fulfill you dreams of him troubling the Proteas. Best approach was a defensive Wellington.
It's a worry that Chatara went wicketless
Yes, it is a worry because we know he can do more.
it's a worry that Jarvis was expensive.
No it's not. He's always fetched against decent opposition. ALWAYS!
I think Zim should be aiming to draw the Test match
You get one practice match and you players fail to get any decent practise whatsoever. They couldn't even draw in 3 days against players below their standard and levels of experience (two players with county plus international experience). Now they must draw against the Proteas?

Didn;t Streak just say they play with a winning mindset? Isn't that why players like Shingi and Wellington are not being considered? Isn't it why they have a leaky leg spinner? Why they are opening with Mire? Why they are sacrificing thei rbest Test batsman as an opener? Face it, this ZIM side is not designed to draw. Were it not for that pitch, WI would have crushed ZIM within 3.5 days.

What do you think Gabriel, Roach and Holder would have done to CSA Inv XI in this 3-day game?

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

I don't agree with most of what you say, but I do agree that Cremer was by far our best player in this match (and as you said in the other thread he has been our best player across all formats for over a year).

pariah

Post by pariah »

brmtaylor.com admin wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:45 am
(and as you said in the other thread he has been our best player across all formats for over a year).
Credit where it's due. Stats don't lie.

But sometimes hard decision have to be taken. Cremer, Mire and Jarvis are bad picks for this game. They don't have the tools.

You will watch him again live on TV. Jarvis simply doesn't have the pace, discipline nor the necessary swing. Same applies to Cremer. With Chatara looking unfit does it really make sense to go in relying on them instead while you left Shingi at home?

Poor Blessing!

Just like the Test against SL, I can guarantee you one thing unless Craig score big first innings runs, ZIM are doomed! If he goes, the rest of the middle order will follow fast. He single-handaedly turned that SL into a contest(not Raza, Moor etc in the 2nd innings).

strikerlube

Post by strikerlube »

Cmon man we genuinely nearly beat windies if we could hold our grabs. They're genuinely putrid , I watched both tests vs NZ and it was almost rape. With Gabriel bowling 10nowies a day to stuff up holders over rate and get suspended.

The whole series was a lol

Wagner bowling 130 short balls that they couldn't handle.

I think this team would spank windies and if Zim had one more shot even on a deck condusive to pace bowling a good show.

Zero76

Post by Zero76 »

Shingi is past his prime, his Logan Cup bowling figures this season are properly uninspiring. I see nothing there to suggest he would have any penetration against this strong Proteas team, perhaps it's time to move on for good.

Also, Neil Wagner is an interesting bowler, his bouncer is surprisingly effective considering he is neither tall nor especially quick.
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

pariah

Post by pariah »

strikerlube wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:29 pm
Cmon man we genuinely nearly beat windies if we could hold our grabs. They're genuinely putrid , I watched both tests vs NZ and it was almost rape. With Gabriel bowling 10nowies a day to stuff up holders over rate and get suspended.

I think this team would spank windies and if Zim had one more shot even on a deck condusive to pace bowling a good show.
So you agree that Panyangara is better than Roach?

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

pariah wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:13 pm
strikerlube wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:29 pm

So you agree that Panyangara is better than Roach?

Wasting your final posts still trying to get people to admit Panyangara is better than Roach 😂😂😂😂

This ban is the best thing for you ! You clearly need a rest
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement