[Match Thread] Tour Match - Zimbabwe v Cricket South Africa XI

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
pariah
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: [Match Thread] Tour Match - Zimbabwe v Cricket South Africa XI

Post by pariah »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:43 pm
Anyone who reads too much into tour matches doesn't understand cricket very well.
I take it that's why Taylor, Raza and Moor are hiding behind Cremer so early in the match?

196 all out, now 62/5 in the 2nd innings!!!

Whichever way one looks at it, this performance is pathetic from Zimbabwe! Horrendous!

Jarvis going at 4 runs per over. Lizaad Williams, not even within the Top 20 South African seamers bullying ZIM twice. 19 year old Cohen effortlessly reducing Raza's SL and WI heroics to nothing!

Surely an SA Varsity select XI, which is stronger than this side would've thumped Zimbabwe even more.

This is embarrassing!

When is Heath Streak getting sacked again???

#BringBackMangongo #BringBackMangongo #BringBackMangongo #BringBackMangongo

tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by tawac »

Tour match or not this is pathetic for Zim. No one stepping up.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

pariah
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by pariah »

:lol: These Sa Inv players desperate to bat twice and chase something notable. They forget that Taylor, Regis and Chibhabha haven't come in yet. Or maybe they just disrespect ZIM too much to bother with any homework.

Anyway, time to bring back the frontline seamers a bit before the close.

Easy runs for Moor and Burl (but Burl not cashing in, which is a concern).

As I say that, Moor goes for 25. Surely Burl's 3(43) at a SR of 6.97 against such opposition is unforgivable! Then Heath and Taibu wil tell you they made a great pick. Nonsense. What match are you saving again such??? :?

91/6. Scores level.

Regis comes in. Still no Brendan Taylor! Has he been given another holiday again? Did he travel with Steyn to join the squad while he goes shopping in PE? Is he injured?

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

pariah wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:58 pm
Kriterion_BD wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:43 pm
Anyone who reads too much into tour matches doesn't understand cricket very well.
I take it that's why Taylor, Raza and Moor are hiding behind Cremer so early in the match?
Thats the whole point of a tour match. Its a 3 day game and the touring side will always try to maximize their preperation. No one is hiding, they are just trying to get Cremer as much batting as they can because he is relied upon to wield the willow.

ZIM, like any other touring side, aren't sweating over whether they win this game or not. Sure its great to thrash the opponent in a tour match, but thats not the objective. Its only a demoralising struggle if you're actually playing hard and getting beaten by a practice squad.

You may have a point if the actual Test match ends inside a day. Otherwise it will be evident that ZIM were not at 100% effort during the tour match.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Flakeman

Post by Flakeman »

Unsure why he keeps calling this a Varsity squad.

10 franchise players plus 2 internationals.

Are you deranged, my friend?

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Tour matches do matter, and this is quite shocking. Once again it seems we have no plan for this match. Using bowlers unnecessarily and changing the batting with no structure.

Burl has missed out big time here. His SR in this match was shocking. You cannot be at the crease for that long and only score 17. There are always moments for everyone to step up, and these matches are those moments. If you fail to step up, you fail to succeed.

A lot needs to change in terms of our players mentalities, and their games.

Andybligzz
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by Andybligzz »

I’m confident come the test on Boxing Day the boys will put up a much greater fight , I know the signs don’t look good but a warm
Up always helps. Taylor is due a big one and Raza doesn’t fail to much , also pj seems to have the appetite for the big stage . Hope I’m correct or it’s going to be quiet ugly .
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

We can only hope and pray for a better show in the test match proper. We do have a lot of things to learn very quickly - batting under lights, facing the pink ball, express pace... This could get really ugly but just hoping it wouldn't. Chamu scoring a 100 ball 50 here would be a blessing. He'll slot in at the top of the order and let Mire slide down.

Speaking of Mire, yeah, he should have been tried with the ball too. And Chamu.

grant
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by grant »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:19 pm
Burl has missed out big time here. His SR in this match was shocking. You cannot be at the crease for that long and only score 17. There are always moments for everyone to step up, and these matches are those moments. If you fail to step up, you fail to succeed.
At least he's still out there! Unlike most of the other guys. Let's hope he cashes in today.

tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by tawac »

At list Burl is putting a price on his wicket. The rest seem to have no clue. we cant play like this and expect miracles in the test match proper. A lot of questions need to be asked about our brains trust.
Last edited by tawac on Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'