Tri Nation Series 2017 in Bangladesh

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
pariah
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: Tri Nation Series 2017 in Bangladesh

Post by pariah »

sloandog wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:48 pm
I will have Jarvis, thanks. He's our best bowler, why wouldn't I want him in the side.

Jarvis 55 List A games 45 T20 games (Proven performer in County Cricket for Lancashire in the years he was away)
Madziva 44 List A games 23 T20 games (Very talented and highly rated, but has done nothing to warrant selection recently)
Jongwe 45 List A games 17 T20 games (Same as above, has done nothing to warrant selection)

I question their merit because they haven't achieved it! Neither have set the scene alight.

Code: Select all

ODIs (i.e. pinnacle of the 50 over format)
==========================================
PLAYER	AGE	MATCHES	AVG	JARVISBenchmark
Jarvis	29	24	45.22
Madviza	26	12	25.95	-19.27
Jongwe	23	22	30.36	-14.86
Jarvis has played 55 List A games. 24 of those are ODIs for Zimbabwe, so that leaves 31 for Lancs, ZIM A/XI, and domestic franchises in ZIM. Plenty of those 31 were for ZIm related sides.

Quiz question - "How many List A games did PROVEN Jarvis - THE ONE WHO GETS INTO THE ODI SIDE ON MERIT - play for Lancashire in the FIVE YEARS between 2013 and 2017?"!

And surely you would want him in and get ZC's money's worth, since you've been almost crying about the money the bosses have spent on getting both him and Taylor back. If you don't have him in your side then stop moaning, as you clearly aren't willing to get that moneys worth.
Louis van Gaal should've played Falcao regardless and not dumped him with the u21s!

ImageImage

Stoneman Returns
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by Stoneman Returns »

Mutombodzi, Madziva, Mutizwa, Jongwe, Chibhabha, Zuhwao all these players are. " club standard " unfit for international atena, they performs against some terrible weak oponents and has been poor when they face international standard, can find a place only under " qouta system ", if these players are under selectors radar, then Zimbabwe will surely be eliminated in "first round " of the qualifiers.
Success depends on Aggressive Instinct

The Robot
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by The Robot »

But this team doesn't looks bad

Solomon Mire
C Zuhwao
Hamilton Masakadza
Prince Masvaure
T Mutombodzi
F Mutizwa
R Mutumbami (wkb)
G Cremer ( c)
D Tiripano
N Madziva
T Chatara
Robo to rule :oops:

Zero76

Post by Zero76 »

The Robot wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:26 am

Solomon Mire
C Zuhwao
Hamilton Masakadza
Prince Masvaure
T Mutombodzi
F Mutizwa
R Mutumbami (wkb)
G Cremer ( c)
D Tiripano
N Madziva
T Chatara
Looks like a reasonable limited overs squad, not brilliant but certainly fairly respectable. A bowler short perhaps?
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

Conant

Post by Conant »

pariah wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:18 am
Conant wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:37 am
BT needs to keep in ODIs and T20s full stop. He's earning enough to do two jobs :D
In fact, he should open the batting, keep and captain! :D
:D :D :)

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

Conant wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:18 am
pariah wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:18 am
Conant wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:37 am
BT needs to keep in ODIs and T20s full stop. He's earning enough to do two jobs :D
In fact, he should open the batting, keep and captain! :D
:D :D :)
#haters
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

pariah

Post by pariah »

The Robot wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:26 am

Solomon Mire
C Zuhwao
Hamilton Masakadza
Prince Masvaure
T Mutombodzi
F Mutizwa
R Mutumbami (wkb)
G Cremer ( c)
D Tiripano
N Madziva
T Chatara
Why Mutumbami though? Mutizwa can keep. Craig has been having a horrible time in ODIs lately. Extremely poor against the subcontinent sides like Afghanistan, SL etc too, plus often hit or miss - nothing in between - so not a big deal if he is overlooked for this one. But surely Taylor in the XI and indeed Raza.

I like the presence of Mutombodzi. Along with Raza they help the spin contingent, but again, neither of them is a frontline spinner.

So surely Chisoro/Wellington has to have a place in that XI.

I look forward to a Mire-Zhuwao opening partnership. :D

Flakeman

Post by Flakeman »

In all seriousness a Mire-Zhuwao combo would be interesting. Cephas is so hit & miss, but when he’s on song he’s unbelievable. Like special by any standard. It’s a sight to behold and he can’t be stopped. But yea it’s too few and far between.

Andybligzz
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by Andybligzz »

Very good news indeed ! I recon we can easily beat both teams , id rather play Sri Lanka than Bangladesh now as the tigers have become a very very good odi side especially at home. My 11 for series would be 1. H.Masakadza 2.Mire 3.C.Ervine 4 . B.Taylor (wk)5. S.Williams 6.S.Raza 7. Musakanda 8 .D.Tiripano 9. G.Cremer ( c) 10.k.Jarvis 11. T.Chatara I think this is a well balanced side and bats reasonably deep, plenty of fire power and also a very experienced middle order who can calm the situation of early wickets. I’ll have musakanda at 7 just to ease him into international cricket ( couldn’t drop him after the last series , gun fielder as well. Bowling offers line and length with the quicks and then plenty of spin options perfect for sub continent conditions. Looking forward to seeing zim back in the colours
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!

bujumbura

Post by bujumbura »

i strrongly agree, though i also feel it makes sense for BT to keep, it would also be nice to see him captain in limited overs for the main reason that he is a very attacking not conservative type of captain. In this team though PJ and Musakanda would probably fight for the basher spot in the middle overs and it would be an advantage that whoever would be selected have a good cricket brain in that if theres a collapse in the middle or top order they adjust their game but keeping their strike rate up there.