Captain cremer optimistic about 4 day cricket

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Andybligzz
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Captain cremer optimistic about 4 day cricket

Post by Andybligzz »

interesting to read but also sounds a bit scared , can’t blame him though :lol:
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!

pariah
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: Captain cremer optimistic about 4 day cricket

Post by pariah »

Trend
Interview Cremer but Streak dominates article?

Why?
Because they don't rate Cremers mind (understandably so).

So what's the problem?
Not once has a Streak quote made sense. Always contradicts himself - words and actions
"It's about shaking off the underdog mentality and playing to win, not to compete and to not embarrass ourselves," Streak said. "Our series in Sri Lanka was a watershed moment for us, more mentally than anything else. We are out to play winning cricket and we'd rather lose trying to play a winning brand than to just compete. We'll have our challenges, especially in the longer format because we don't play that much, but this team is going places."
Why are ZIM using 8 batsmen then??? Why Tiripano and Mpofu???

I doubt very much either of Cremer or Streak have said anything sound to their batsmen regarding the bowling of Philander and Steyn under lights. Naturally many here will once again attack me for being unfair to Streak and Cremer, but you simply can't buy intelligence. I'll watch the toss very closely, and how the team reacts to winning or losing it. Inevitably that'll prove my point once again and negate any criticisms in my direction. Of the Full Members, the only side more tactically bereft than Bangladesh is Zimbabwe. This is definitely one side that desperately needs a Director of Cricket! Bringing in e.g. Ashwell Prince for that role is not a bad thing.

We're going place, and we're taking Burl with us...

His last four FC and List A innings, plus tour match against WI
List A: 4, 2, 18, 1
FC: 4, 23, 18, 3
Tour match vs West Indies: 16, 4

pariah

Post by pariah »

I can't resist. have to bring out the Cremer quotes in that article. This guy is the Michael Owen of Zimbabwean punditry.
"The game will move that much quicker because it's only four days"
"At that twilight time, a little bit more seems to happen with the ball off the wicket. We'll be careful of that. It will probably swing."
"The warm-up game will give us a good idea of how to go forward in the Test match."
"Dale brings a lot to cricket in general. He is a good guy..."
Someone forgot to tell both Streak and Cremer that 4 day Tests are only a few overs less than 5 day Tests, Either that or they couldn't absorb any of what they may or may not have heard...
Cremer wrote:"The bigger teams will have to probably score a bit quicker and give the lesser team a lot more opportunity to get wickets and the game will move quite quickly."
Streak wrote:"It's much harder to bat a team out because in doing so you may make it easier for them to save the Test"
Last edited by pariah on Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

pariah

Post by pariah »

Dear Mr Decisive,
(I've resorted to calling you that since your nationality was deemed offensive. I've also gathered that your name means "Decisive" and your surname means "Good" - and you Hasnains are considered to be intelligent and handsome - traits I feel and many will agree you don't particularly bear)

Anyway, kindly direct Streak and Cremer to read up on the game... http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/ ... -overs-day
Each day of the upcoming inaugural four-day Test between South Africa and Zimbabwe in Port Elizabeth will need to have a minimum of 98 overs per day, as per the ICC's playing conditions. That is, eight overs more must be bowled every day than what is required in five-day cricket.

To accommodate the extra overs, the ICC's playing conditions state that play will run for six and a half hours in all each day, instead of the usual six hours for five-day Tests.

An extra 30 minutes will be available to the fielding team to complete the minimum required overs each day.

Also, the last hour of play on the final day will officially commence only when 83 overs - it's 75 overs in five-day Tests - have been bowled on the day. In cases where 83 overs are bowled ahead of schedule, then the calculations for the last hour will be dictated by the clock, as is the case in five-day cricket.
Please also ask them to remind Brendan that no lunch will be served.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

pariah wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:54 am
Not once has a Streak quote made sense. Always contradicts himself - words and actions
I stopped reading what you put after the above sentence, as the pure irony was hurting my anatomy.

On the other hand, a very good find in terms of the article. I'm all for 4 day cricket personally. If test cricket is to survive, it needs to be spruced up to match the shorter formats. You'll have the purists who'll be scoffing at the thought no doubt

Andybligzz

Post by Andybligzz »

sloandog wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:31 am
pariah wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:54 am
I stopped reading what you put after the above sentence, as the pure irony was hurting my anatomy.

On the other hand, a very good find in terms of the article. I'm all for 4 day cricket personally. If test cricket is to survive, it needs to be spruced up to match the shorter formats. You'll have the purists who'll be scoffing at the thought no doubt
Agreed , I love the longer format but test cricket will die around the world outside Aus Indian and England unless something is done. It’s funny because I knew posting this article would make pariah go for the candy and not be able to control himself :))
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

maehara wrote:For the avoidance of doubt and to reinforce the private warning just sent: the man has a name. Use it, and not some racist epithet. Next time I have to amend / edit / delete one of your posts for this purpose, your account will go with it. Please feel free to test me on this.
pariah wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:19 am
Dear Mr Decisive,
(I've resorted to calling you that since your nationality was deemed offensive. I've also gathered that your name means "Decisive" and your surname means "Good" - and you Hasnains are considered to be intelligent and handsome - traits I feel and many will agree you don't particularly bear)
Yeah, real cute hhm. :roll:

I've got a new condition to add. hhm currently has 1445 total posts. I will ban him at 1500 posts.

You've had a good run mate but it's reached breaking point. At least you will get to go on your own terms.

You can either spam your last 55 posts in one go, space them at one a day, whatever you want. But when it hits 1500, it's time for an involuntary break.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

brmtaylor.com admin wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:06 pm
I've got a new condition to add. hhm currently has 1445 total posts. I will ban him at 1500 posts.

You've had a good run mate but it's reached breaking point. At least you will get to go on your own terms.

You can either spam your last 55 posts in one go, space them at one a day, whatever you want. But when it hits 1500, it's time for an involuntary break.
#

ZCF's Christmas present.
#sackthetroll

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

#bringbackPariah
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

pariah

Post by pariah »

brmtaylor.com admin wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:06 pm
maehara wrote:For the avoidance of doubt and to reinforce the private warning just sent: the man has a name. Use it, and not some racist epithet. Next time I have to amend / edit / delete one of your posts for this purpose, your account will go with it. Please feel free to test me on this.
pariah wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:19 am
Dear Mr Decisive,
Yeah, real cute hhm. :roll:

One thing that you overlook BRM is that plenty people here are called names(e.g. Bvute, Chingoka, Utseya, Elton etc), and not once have those guilty ever been threatened by a ban in the many several years I've been here nor their posts edited(without reports) despite both admins' comments appearing alongside such.

Secondly I reminded maehara of the many direct insults towards me - something one would expect results in automatic bans - but again nothing beyond edits even though I would suspect that whatever thresholds have been met for such action, and I can't imagine anything that I've ever stated that's a worser crime than that (and you're free to put any one of my statements forward if you find it as proof). Despite the warnings and threats, they still repeated it and continue to do so unrestrained, and you yourself encouraged a recent incident. Like I said to maehara, as strangely and often as it's applied here, I am yet to come across an african man who is said to be racist, as if that's even possible anywhere.

There is absolutely no shame in me being banned for calling someone by their nationality or an innocent term. If you deem those to be "Racist" then who am I to argue? It was said ZCF is not a democracy so that's that.