Your XI for Boxing Day

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Mueddie28

Re: Your XI for Boxing Day

Post by Mueddie28 »

Andybligzz wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:11 am
1. Masakdaza 2. Moor 3. Taylor 4. Ervine 5.Raza 6. Mire 7. Chakabva (wk)8.cremer(c) 9. Jarvis 10. Chatara 11 . Mpofu
A surprise will be BT as Wk
Burl in for PJ Moor...

pariah
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by pariah »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2017 7:20 pm
Wahab Riaz is not a strike bowler. Even Amir is not a strike bowler anymore.

Yasir Shah is, but most wrist spinners are.
The biggest problem here is that guys..
1. Are of the opinion that I don't know cricket
2. Falsely tell themselves it's a troll/trolling
3. Have never even imagined the prospect that one player(s) somewhere somehow is either my son, nephew etc.

Through that you fall into the trap of overlooking sound arguments e.g. what I said regarding the above point(which was refuted with little thought), and ignoring vested interests which come with solid inside info. Plus of course experience - forget intelligence (or lack of it).

ZIM does not go into Test cricket with certain line ups because they are desperate due to lack of options or depth. ZIM does that because of stupid decision-making!

If a Dave-Ellman Brown said that statement you would respect it, but because I said it you wouldn't believe it.

ZIM has opened with a Regis who was simultaneously keeping, and then with a Mire who had played just a handful of FC matches several years prior. Some still managed to defend the coach's decisions. Jarvis hasn't played any List A games of substance in years, but some will have him in the ODI XI. Reasoning with no basis! That's how Chisoro got picked ahead of Wellington, and that't how they are experimenting/considering in SA vs the Proteas with Taylor keeping and Moor an option, yet they called up Mayavo recently instead of just using that energy towards Taylor/Jarvis. Senseless! Only ZC does this.

Andybligzz
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by Andybligzz »

pariah wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:20 pm
Kriterion_BD wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2017 7:20 pm
Wahab Riaz is not a strike bowler. Even Amir is not a strike bowler anymore.

Yasir Shah is, but most wrist spinners are.
3. Have never even imagined the prospect that one player(s) somewhere somehow is either my son, nephew etc.

Through that you fall into the trap of overlooking sound arguments e.g. what I said regarding the above point(which was refuted with little thought), and ignoring vested interests which come with solid inside info. Plus of course experience - forget intelligence (or lack of it).

ZIM does not go into Test cricket with certain line ups because they are desperate due to lack of options or depth. ZIM does that because of stupid decision-making!

If a Dave-Ellman Brown said that statement you would respect it, but because I said it you wouldn't believe it.

ZIM has opened with a Regis who was simultaneously keeping, and then with a Mire who had played just a handful of FC matches several years prior. Some still managed to defend the coach's decisions. Jarvis hasn't played any List A games of substance in years, but some will have him in the ODI XI. Reasoning with no basis! That's how Chisoro got picked ahead of Wellington, and that't how they are experimenting/considering in SA vs the Proteas with Taylor keeping and Moor an option, yet they called up Mayavo recently instead of just using that energy towards Taylor/Jarvis. Senseless! Only ZC does this.
This still doesn’t change the fact you are wrong and that other nations use strike bowlers. I don’t get why you are rambling on and hiding away from the fact that you wanted people to prove you wrong and they did . I really dont get your ways mate
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!

Andybligzz

Post by Andybligzz »

Wahab Riaz is definitely a strike bowler, not sure if you watch cricket but he bowls quick and all over the place . He also goes for plenty and bowls short spells , normally bowling a peach out of no where to dismiss a set batsman or even bouncing them out. If that’s not a strike bowler I don’t know what it is
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

pariah wrote:

The biggest problem here is that pariah...
1. Is of the opinion we don't know cricket
2. Falsely tells himself that he is not biased and agenda driven
3. Has never even imagined the prospect that an ex-player, current player, or administrator somehow is one of our relatives.

Through that he falls in to the trap of overlooking sound arguments. e.g, what was said about spin bowlers not being used by other teams as strike bowler. Ignoring to listen to valid and reasoning that makes sense because it does not agree with an agenda or vested interests. Plus of course, the lack of intelligence in accepting that.

Zim does not go in to test cricket with certain line ups due to a lack of options and depth. Zim does that because their ranks have been pillaged, mostly by those that ran the game for years only looking after their own agendas and interests. Zim does that because they have no money so players with talent are forced to move abroad to achieve their goals, dreams, successful careers and above all, support their families.

Regis was opened with because Zim had no options, then Mire because that is his role in cricket and again Zim had no options. Jarvis played County Cricket for years but apparently that is not as good as Zim domestic cricket. Argument with no reasoning. I remember a certain David Warner making his International debut without a first-class game to his name. Apparently it is irrelevant if coaches see talent and quality in a person, but until you have played domestic cricket in Zim, you have not made it. He also does not believe that experimentation does not exist in the world of cricket.

Senseless!

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

It is going to be tough to accept Chatara's exclusion, but that's where this is headed...

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

It is hard to see how Mpofu deserves to be there ahead of him

Flakeman

Post by Flakeman »

Chats is tight as. We need him.

Muzarabani is going to get clubbed like a seal, but will get one or two meaningless wickets. Might bowl the odd jaffer, but at what price?

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

Perhaps the bigger curveball would be Jarvis being left-out?
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

pariah wrote:

You cannot be serious ??

After all the names you call Cremer and other racist remarks you’ve been finally banned for you come up with this?

You really are a piece of work
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement