Your XI for Boxing Day

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
grant
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Your XI for Boxing Day

Post by grant »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:34 am
pariah wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:20 pm
The biggest problem here is that guys..
1. Are of the opinion that I don't know cricket
2. Falsely tell themselves it's a troll/trolling
3. Have never even imagined the prospect that one player(s) somewhere somehow is either my son, nephew etc.

Through that you fall into the trap of overlooking sound arguments e.g. what I said regarding the above point(which was refuted with little thought), and ignoring vested interests which come with solid inside info. Plus of course experience - forget intelligence (or lack of it).

ZIM does not go into Test cricket with certain line ups because they are desperate due to lack of options or depth. ZIM does that because of stupid decision-making!

If a Dave-Ellman Brown said that statement you would respect it, but because I said it you wouldn't believe it.

ZIM has opened with a Regis who was simultaneously keeping, and then with a Mire who had played just a handful of FC matches several years prior. Some still managed to defend the coach's decisions. Jarvis hasn't played any List A games of substance in years, but some will have him in the ODI XI. Reasoning with no basis! That's how Chisoro got picked ahead of Wellington, and that't how they are experimenting/considering in SA vs the Proteas with Taylor keeping and Moor an option, yet they called up Mayavo recently instead of just using that energy towards Taylor/Jarvis. Senseless! Only ZC does this.
The biggest problem here is that pariah...
1. Is of the opinion we don't know cricket
2. Falsely tells himself that he is not biased and agenda driven
3. Has never even imagined the prospect that an ex-player, current player, or administrator somehow is one of our relatives.

Through that he falls in to the trap of overlooking sound arguments. e.g, what was said about spin bowlers not being used by other teams as strike bowler. Ignoring to listen to valid and reasoning that makes sense because it does not agree with an agenda or vested interests. Plus of course, the lack of intelligence in accepting that.

Zim does not go in to test cricket with certain line ups due to a lack of options and depth. Zim does that because their ranks have been pillaged, mostly by those that ran the game for years only looking after their own agendas and interests. Zim does that because they have no money so players with talent are forced to move abroad to achieve their goals, dreams, successful careers and above all, support their families.

Regis was opened with because Zim had no options, then Mire because that is his role in cricket and again Zim had no options. Jarvis played County Cricket for years but apparently that is not as good as Zim domestic cricket. Argument with no reasoning. I remember a certain David Warner making his International debut without a first-class game to his name. Apparently it is irrelevant if coaches see talent and quality in a person, but until you have played domestic cricket in Zim, you have not made it. He also does not believe that experimentation does not exist in the world of cricket.

Senseless!
+1

tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by tawac »

The only way Chatara is missing out from the starting lineup is if he is not 100% fit. Now begs the question why was he selected in the first place?
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

Zero76

Post by Zero76 »

tawac wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:48 am
The only way Chatara is missing out from the starting lineup is if he is not 100% fit. Now begs the question why was he selected in the first place?
Exactly, Chatara at full fitness should be an automatic selection
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

Conant
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Conant »

Upset about Chatara's eclusion , seeing as if Mpofu is gonna be canned throughout that match but anyway... :roll:

Andybligzz
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by Andybligzz »

We are going to be chasing a big big score
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!