Your XI for Boxing Day

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Kriterion_BD

Re: Your XI for Boxing Day

Post by Kriterion_BD »

pariah wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:04 am
Kriterion_BD wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:32 am
eugene wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:00 pm
Mpofu may not be the most destructive bowler but he does serve a purpose in test cricket - he can keep things tight and limit runs from one end. Chatara, Jarvis, and Cremer typically go for a few so having someone who can limit runs the other end is useful.
Chatara has a career Test bowling econ of 2.5...I can't think of any bowler apart from Jadeja who has a lower econ rate. Jarvis is expensive and Cremer tends to be as well (most wrist spinners are).
CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:10 am
If Chatara is fit and has the ability to bowl 15-20 overs in a day, he is the first bowler on the team sheets across formats.
Lovely to see guys taking turns to agree with me. :mrgreen:

There was a needlessly big argument recently with people refuting that overall Chatara is ahead of Jarvis. What a waste that was. :roll:
Jarvis and Cremer are still the best strike bowlers ZIM have. Chatara and Panyangara arent strike bowlers so much as bowl a meter outside off stump with a 7-2 field and wait for the batsman to get impatient. Its evident from their strike rates and bowling economy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

pariah
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by pariah »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:29 pm
pariah wrote:
Kriterion_BD wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:32 am

Chatara has a career Test bowling econ of 2.5...I can't think of any bowler apart from Jadeja who has a lower econ rate. Jarvis is expensive and Cremer tends to be as well (most wrist spinners are).
CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:10 am
If Chatara is fit and has the ability to bowl 15-20 overs in a day, he is the first bowler on the team sheets across formats.

There was a needlessly big argument recently with people refuting that overall Chatara is ahead of Jarvis. What a waste that was. :roll:
Jarvis and Cremer are still the best strike bowlers ZIM have. Chatara and Panyangara arent strike bowlers so much as bowl a meter outside off stump with a 7-2 field and wait for the batsman to get impatient. Its evident from their strike rates and bowling economy.
So we've moved from "bowlers" to "strike bowlers" according to Kriterion's criteria...
NB: I'm just trying to think of a current Test XI from other countries which has a strike bowling spinner(doesn't have to be legspin) and strike bowling seamer.

Andybligzz
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by Andybligzz »

pariah wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:53 pm
Kriterion_BD wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:29 pm
pariah wrote:

So we've moved from "bowlers" to "strike bowlers" according to Kriterion's criteria...
NB: I'm just trying to think of a current Test XI from other countries which has a strike bowling spinner(doesn't have to be legspin) and strike bowling seamer.
Easy , Pakistan with yasir shah and wahab riaz , both are strike bowlers who rarely bowl the same ball two deliveries in a row.
Last edited by Andybligzz on Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Nathan Lyon is a strike bowler for the aussies too. They don't just bring him on to dry up the runs.

Andybligzz

Post by Andybligzz »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:13 am
Nathan Lyon is a strike bowler for the aussies too. They don't just bring him on to dry up the runs.
Bishoo and Gabriel are both strike bowlers as well :lol: pariah you really speak some diareha
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Playing defensive bowlers in Tests is pointless

But if you ask Hhm figures if 0/39 off 30 overs is better than 5/50 off 10.

I know which figures I’d rather have
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Flakeman

Post by Flakeman »

My lineup

1. Mire
2. Ham
3. Chamu
4. BT
5. Craig
6. Raza
7. Burl
8. Cremer
9. Jarvis
10. Chatara
11. Mpofu/Muzarabani (don’t care)

Vs what I think they’ll go with

1. Ham
2. Mire
3. Craig
4. BT
5. Raza
6. Burl
7. Regis
8. Cremer
9. Jarvis
10. Mpofu
11. Muzarabani

Going in without Chamu and Chatara is madness in my opinion. Merry Christmas

Black Mamba
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Black Mamba »

Hamilton Masakadza, Solomon Mire, Craig Ervine, Brendan Taylor (wk), Ryan Burl, Sikandar Raza, Peter Moor, Graeme Cremer (capt), Kyle Jarvis, Tendai Chatara/Chris Mpofu, Blessing Muzarabani.

http://m.cricbuzz.com/cricket-commentar ... frica-2017

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Wahab Riaz is not a strike bowler. Even Amir is not a strike bowler anymore.

Yasir Shah is, but most wrist spinners are.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2017 7:20 pm
Wahab Riaz is not a strike bowler. Even Amir is not a strike bowler anymore.

Yasir Shah is, but most wrist spinners are.
I sense an argument and new thread with loads of data from Kriterion to determine what ‘defines’ a strike bowler.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement