[Match Thread] Day Night Pink Ball Test: SA vs Zimbabwe

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Andybligzz
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: [Match Thread] Day Night Pink Ball Test: SA vs Zimbabwe

Post by Andybligzz »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:03 pm
That was embarrassing to say the least. South Africa wanted to laugh at us but were trying so hard to be diplomatic.

Taylor should know better too. When the going is tough, play better shots, not your reverse sweeps and so on. We need like a Ricky Ponting type of guy to come in and teach us how to use a straight bat. All the best players played with a straight bat, and none of this fancy crap.

I can't even blame the conditions because we got bowled out twice in less than two days.

We complain when we don't get a chance to play the big teams, and now when we get that chance, we put on that horror show.
The funny part is they were laughing at us , I heard a few times through stump cam them laughing at us losing a wicket. It was not a good test for zim and especially cricket in general
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

That was so embarrassing. Up there with that 2012 NZ Test.
Jarvis, Cremer and Mpofu are the only ones that can hold their heads high after that.

There's not really much to learn from such a belting. Just look ahead to the Bangladesh tour.

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

Our bowlers did well, that is the upside. The batting however was a disaster and Taylor, Ervine, Masakadza, etc needed to step up.

This was the sort of performance where you bring in Mangongo for a "motivational" speech. Get the players in the dressing room, dim the lights, lock the door, and give him an hour to "motivate" the players.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

eugene wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:31 am
Our bowlers did well, that is the upside. The batting however was a disaster and Taylor, Ervine, Masakadza, etc needed to step up.

For me our batting and bowling are both a 4 out of 10 at the moment.

Depending on what type of pitch we play on one part of the game is always letting us down, looking back at the Sri Lanka test our batting was good but bowling let us down.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

I’m not ready to blame the players as really they were set to fail. How can you be expected to play South Africa in a day night Test with only one 3 day game for warm up??

We helped them out by playing this game in return we should have asked for a 3 ODI series to prep for ICC qualifiers or 2 more warm up games and a red ball test prior to Boxing Day.

Yes Raza & BT played bad shots but they were mentally screwed after the barrage of quality fast bowling.

I wonder if India or Australia will have the balls to play South Africa on a D/N Test in South Africa after watching that ??

I promise you India and Australia would have been 3 or 4 down at stumps as well

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

to be honest there are probably only 3 teams in the world who could have survived that night time onslaught. it was horrific. but yesterday they should have done better during the day. the conditions were ok enough to bat. we cant always find ways out for these players. I hold them responsible because of the way they played yesterday. what was Raza doing? Was Taylor's shot necessary at that point? we cant blame anybody for those 2 incidents besides the players

Andybligzz

Post by Andybligzz »

jaybro wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:15 am
I’m not ready to blame the players as really they were set to fail. How can you be expected to play South Africa in a day night Test with only one 3 day game for warm up??

We helped them out by playing this game in return we should have asked for a 3 ODI series to prep for ICC qualifiers or 2 more warm up games and a red ball test prior to Boxing Day.

Yes Raza & BT played bad shots but they were mentally screwed after the barrage of quality fast bowling.

I wonder if India or Australia will have the balls to play South Africa on a D/N Test in South Africa after watching that ??

Australia would have been skittled probably , under lights jimmy at 35 had the ball on a string and even smith had no idea. With the likes of Rabada , morkel , Steyn and philander to choose from there is no doubt they would get rolled .
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

jaybro wrote:

India yes. Aussies would have handled it reasonably well i think. Comes down to what teams are more familiar with.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:40 am
jaybro wrote:

India yes. Aussies would have handled it reasonably well i think. Comes down to what teams are more familiar with.
Trust me Kriterion the Aussies don’t like the ball swinging or spinning

aydee

Post by aydee »

Predictably painful.

I think that lays bare the full scale of the gulf between SA and Zim. The national team would get beaten by all SA Franchises, and many of the provincial sides too (in SA). That is where Zim cricket is at. Everything else needs to be viewed through the prism of this perspective.