[Match Thread] Day Night Pink Ball Test: SA vs Zimbabwe

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Kriterion_BD

Re: [Match Thread] Day Night Pink Ball Test: SA vs Zimbabwe

Post by Kriterion_BD »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:24 am
It would have looked much worse if not for that Hardik Pandya counter-attack in the first innings. The Indian pace bowling department is probably at its best since the days of Srinath and Zaheer Khan. So, Getting 20 wickets was the only improvement over Zim's performance in my view.

Dhavan and Rohit Sharma aren't test players by any stretch of imagination. It's a disgrace. The Kohli-Shastri (basically the yes-man) brigade have become blinded by their preferred combo. Rahul and Rahane have significantly better overseas records (better than everyone else in the squad in fact) but got benched.

And Kohli himself hasn't done very well overseas, except for that one series in Australia. they are in for a yearlong pain unless they rethink their strategies and swallow the humble pie. Unfortunately, this is where Kumble would have added immense value. But that is water under the bridge now.
Well India ran the Saffers kind of close. 70 runs isn't close but its not a blow out either. At any rate, people have said that DN Tests are like a different format almost. I like the idea, makes things more interesting so long as the bulk of Tests are played in the traditional format.

Its absolutely ridiculous to think that Rahane was dropped given his record. Idiotic move. I was dead against Pandya and Bumrah getting picked, but they ended up doing well. I still think it was probably due to the pitch more so than bowling skill. If it was skill it would mean that Bumrah and Pandya are better than Shami, Umesh, Ishant, and as good as Bhuvi.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

The Robot
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by The Robot »

Three Changes might be waiting for the second test

Dhawan Out for Rahul

Rohit Out Rahane in

Saha out Parthiv in ( This Change will be a forced change as Saha is struggling with his batting. Parthiv can be brought in just to provide more depth to batting )
Robo to rule :oops:

strikerlube

Post by strikerlube »

I know they wanted to pick Pandya, but how in shit is a batsmen dropped and KL doesn't replace him. Surely they can make room for the 3 openers + Kohli & pujara in one line-up.

Imagine copping this :
Dhawan
Vijay
KL Rahul
Pujara
Kohli
Sharma/ Rahane

I mean far out.