LANCE Or Batting coach

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
zimlover
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

LANCE Or Batting coach

Post by zimlover »

Seems like we have suffered one of the most humiliating batting collapse in playing history, what’s ironic is I do not see any one here calling for Lance’s head even though he is the batting consultant who has a lot of international experience especially is South Africa.
Is Lance to blame or do we have a serious batting in adequacy that cannot be coached by anyone coach even Donald Bradman can not help us?
Should we bring back the Old guard of Tino mawoyo and Vusi To open the batting in Test matches only?

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: LANCE Or Batting coach

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

I think if you’ve made it to international cricket a batting coach isn’t going to do much no matter who you are. Not sure why we have one, do other countries ??
So to answer your question I don’t think it matters whothe coach is.

That said, he has to be on thin ice after yesterday as there wasn’t a strategic plan to abide by, which would be a coaching requirement.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

Whoever the groundsman is for Old Hararians needs to take a drill and a handsaw and start manufacturing a few inch wide cracks in the pitch.
Then line up the national team batsmen, and unleash Vitori, Jarvis and Chatara on them. It'll be like facing Philander and Morkel all over again.

In all seriousness though, doesn't the team have a bowling machine? Surely they could crank up a bowling machine to 145 and rough up the pitch a bit to make it do something to prepare for one of the best bowling attacks going around.

Andybligzz

Post by Andybligzz »

Can’t make jam out of shit
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Hard to comment since we’re not in squad so we can’t see what he’s telling them, but one thing I find it hard to understand is how international batsman these days don’t know how to leave the ball outside off stump.

When the bowling is tough just play what’s full and on your pads, weather the storm until the bad ball start coming.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

zimstarr
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by zimstarr »

Jarvis has a better batting technique than raza and hami.
Jarvis survived the pink ball under lights morne morkel usually doesn't attack the stumps he relies on pace and bounce so to survive just keep the bat close to your body and avoid anything outside the offstump even the Don bats in the same fashion as Jarvis.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

jaybro wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:18 am
Hard to comment since we’re not in squad so we can’t see what he’s telling them, but one thing I find it hard to understand is how international batsman these days don’t know how to leave the ball outside off stump.

When the bowling is tough just play what’s full and on your pads, weather the storm until the bad ball start coming.
This so much. It does not take a batting coach to be able to tell these guys to be sensible.

Having said that, we do not need to be in the squad to know what is said. Even if Lance told them to hold the bat upside down, surely these guys are smart enough to know what to be doing. Yes, Lance must take some responsibility, but the players need to take most of the blame here.

As to answer ZIMDOGGY, batting coaches for test teams:

Australia: Graeme Hick
England: Mark Ramprakash
Bangladesh: vacant
India: Sanjay Bangard, Overseas batting consultant: Rahul Dravid
South Africa: Dale Benkenstein
New Zealand: Craig Mcmillan
Sri Lanka: Thilan Samaraweera
Pakistan: Grant Flower
West Indies: Toby Radford

Googly

Post by Googly »

A lot of good batsmen have their own coaches that know their game, either from their formative years, the FC team they play for, or someone that has solved a technical problem in the past and they like to go to that specific person for preparation or when things are not well. I’m not sure which people our guys use outside of the resident coach. Ive never heard any feedback on Lance, either positive or negative, which is strange. I get the impression that he does his job but somehow there’s no emotional buy in from him. I just have reservations about Ntini, he’s a noisy guy and I have my doubts. In the past local appointments have always stirred the pot and everyone seems more comfortable with foreigners. Streak seems to have managed to avoid too much criticism and there’s been very little racial stuff that always seems to dog local appointees of either colour. We’re way beyond that anyway now, we just need some results urgently.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

In this article Streak defends Lance claiming they both had given the players game plans of how to take on the seamers but the players execution let them down.

He also dismissed the call to ‘liven up’ our pitches at home suggesting we will continue to prepare pitches that suit our bowlers

http://sportszone.co.zw/news/streak-ang ... st-proteas
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Googly wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:50 pm
A lot of good batsmen have their own coaches that know their game, either from their formative years, the FC team they play for, or someone that has solved a technical problem in the past and they like to go to that specific person for preparation or when things are not well. I’m not sure which people our guys use outside of the resident coach. Ive never heard any feedback on Lance, either positive or negative, which is strange. I get the impression that he does his job but somehow there’s no emotional buy in from him. I just have reservations about Ntini, he’s a noisy guy and I have my doubts. In the past local appointments have always stirred the pot and everyone seems more comfortable with foreigners. Streak seems to have managed to avoid too much criticism and there’s been very little racial stuff that always seems to dog local appointees of either colour. We’re way beyond that anyway now, we just need some results urgently.
Yeah, most of the Bangladesh players turn to Mohammad Salahuddin, a local coach. He is responsible for moulding Tamim, Shakib, and Mushy, among others. There was some talk of him being the head coach, but the BCB seems to think foreign is the way to go.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)