Boxing Day Test Ratings

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Boxing Day Test Ratings

Post by jaybro »

Not much to be happy about and was a tough job to rate the boys but here goes

Chamu - 4 Bowled fairly well without much luck should have had Markram lbw for 70 and also nearly had QDK bowled. His batting was actually not too bad as he faced 54 balls in the 2nd innings and 73 for the match the 2nd most for all Zim players in the match.

Hami - 2 Out first ball in the 1st innings set the tone as the Saffers ran riot, took a blow to the elbow in the seconds nd innings but showed courage to return but really struggled like the rest of the batsman.

Ervine -4 Scored the most runs and faced the most balls out of any Zim player but those totals were 27 runs off 89 balls which isn’t that flash. Was unlucky to be out in the first innings but doesn’t seem to like batting @3 in Tests.

BRMT - 1 The most disappointing of all the disappointing players for Zimbabwe, he got a good one in the first innings but really a player of his caliber should have been leaving that ball. The less said about his 2nd innings dismissal the better, got 1 point for his good glovework.

Burl - 3 Showed courage and composure after the top 4 fell before him under lights on day 1 but then failed to score a run whilst getting out twice on day two. Showed he is a player of the future but might not get many opportunities in Test cricket if Zimbabwe go back to Test wilderness.

Raza - 1 Very disappointing faced 9 balls for 5 runs and made no impact with the ball. Proved again that he doesn’t like fast bowling which makes the idea he should open in Tests the more ridiculous. His shot in the 2nd innings was dreadful.

Moor - 1 Failed to reproduce his heroics from Bulawayo as he failed to make an impact in either innings. Still think he’s worth persevering with along with Burl he is young in an ageing squad. Nice fielding to get rid of Rabada.

Cremer - 6 Bowled pretty well and got 2 wickets off quality balls, his googly to dismiss Philander was the highlight of the test for me, he remained not out in the second dig for 18* and was one of only two Zim players to enhance both his batting and bowling averages. His captaincy was also good he was proactive with his bowling changes.

Jarvis - 7 Bowled very well without luck but still got both openers and Bavuma out despite being down on pace his control and ability to get the ball to move was impressive. His courage with the bat in the first innings as night watchman was admirable as he top scored. Was the other player to make his batting and bowling average better.

Mpofu - 5 Didn’t really bowl that well to be homest but got 3 wickets including the big ones of Amla and DeVilliers. Showed on a pitch assisting the seamers he can produce wicket taking deliveries but for me I’d still rather have a fit Chatara or Mumba.

Blessing - 3.5 Bowled ok at times but showed he’s still very raw and will need more time to develop. Definitely not embarrassed like many had predicted so in my opinion he was one of the positives to com out of the game. Got the extra .5 for his 6
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Black Mamba
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: Boxing Day Test Ratings

Post by Black Mamba »

Team which can't even take a four day test to 3rd day deserve rating ? :)

Just satisfaction with few useless achievements

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Black Mamba wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:54 am

If you don’t want to rate to players just shut up and start another thread about underachieving useless players and how good the under 19’s are

You’re about as useful as Hhm

Andybligzz

Post by Andybligzz »

4 is very very generous for
Chibhabha , made 21 runs and no wickets. I agree with the rest . Jarvis had a very good game and so did cremer , I thought his captaincy improved as well.
Last edited by Andybligzz on Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Jarvis was our best player for me

Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

jaybro wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:56 am
Black Mamba wrote:

If you don’t want to rate to players just shut up and start another thread about underachieving useless players and how good the under 19’s are

Atleast inexperienced under 19 came good in the second match after loosing first.

Big Mouth Experienced ( Logan Cup Greats ) National team players who wanted to end the underdog status :) can't even stand against top quality bowling, only some idiot fans like you will rate these failures

Chibhabha 4 out of 10 :) first innings 6, second innings 15. no wicket, Allrounder ?. Even a spectator played some street cricket can take maiden in test cricket if allowed to play

Taylor 1 out of 10 :) 2 catches, 0 in first innings, 16 in second innings, seems 2 catches doesnt have any impact in his rating

Andybligzz

Post by Andybligzz »

Black Mamba wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:04 am
jaybro wrote:
Black Mamba wrote:

Atleast inexperienced under 19 came good in the second match after loosing first.

Big Mouth Experienced ( Logan Cup Greats ) National team players who wanted to end the underdog status :) can't even stand against top quality bowling, only some idiot fans like you will rate these failures

Chibhabha 4 out of 10 :) first innings 6, second innings 15. no wicket, Allrounder ?. Even a spectator played some street cricket can take maiden in test cricket if allowed to play

Taylor 1 out of 10 :) 2 catches, 0 in first innings, 16 in second innings, seems 2 catches doesnt have any impact in his rating
Oh god don’t tell me you are pariah
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Black Mamba wrote:
jaybro wrote:
Black Mamba wrote:

One minute you don’t want to rate the players now you’re an expert ???

I stand by my ratings and gave my reasons why if you don’t agree fair enough

That call about a spectator being able to walk into Test cricket and taking a wicket really doesn’t do your credibility any favours 😂😂😂

Compared to Hhm twice in on thread !! Is this an image you’re going for Mamba ?

Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

jaybro wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:04 am
Black Mamba wrote:
jaybro wrote:

One minute you don’t want to rate the players now you’re an expert ???

I stand by my ratings and gave my reasons why if you don’t agree fair enough

That call about a spectator being able to walk into Test cricket and taking a wicket really doesn’t do your credibility any favours

Point was about taking maiden in test cricket, not taking wicket :) :)
Any part timers can't take maidens in test cricket its taking wickets that matters in test matches.
Not talking about any Black Empowerment policy. A team which gets over within 2 days that too in a four day test dosent deserve any kind of rankings. If they gets, its simply own perspective, just put a question mark on ratings, haven't rated any players.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Black Mamba wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:17 am

Point was about taking maiden in test cricket, not taking wicket :) :)
Any part timers can't take maidens in test cricket its taking wickets that matters in test matches.
Not talking about any Black Empowerment policy. A team which gets over within 2 days that too in a four day test dosent deserve any kind of rankings. If they gets, its simply own perspective, just put a question mark on ratings, haven't rated any players.

Geez your grammar is terrible I could barely understand that last post, but I got through it in the end and as I said if you don’t want to rate the players that’s fine but there are people here that enjoy it.