ZIM-BD-SL Tri Series 2018: Pre-series Discussion

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: ZIM-BD-SL Tri Series 2018: Pre-series Discussion

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

jaybro wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:15 am
I’ve been thinking about it and I reckon 100% Williams has done something that Streak & co weren’t happy about during or after the 1st test v WI.

He hasn’t featured for Zim ever since despite playing in matches for the Tuskers

The fact Williams has been left out and PJ Moor is there shows there’s clearly more than form keeping him out.
Yeah, most likely faking an injury or some such thing to skip training or stuff / or hiding an injury may be till the last minute that led to a desperate Moor selection in that test match? There most certainly has to be an unprofessional angle to this.

strikerlube

Post by strikerlube »

jaybro wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:15 am
I’ve been thinking about it and I reckon 100% Williams has done something that Streak & co weren’t happy about during or after the 1st test v WI.

He hasn’t featured for Zim ever since despite playing in matches for the Tuskers

The fact Williams has been left out and PJ Moor is there shows there’s clearly more than form keeping him out.
Yeah man 100%. Just Cremer when announcing changes at the toss he seemed annoyed or frustrated. "Feeling unwell" doesn't cut it mate.

Black Mamba
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Black Mamba »

If Williams have attitude problem, then its a great call from the selectors in dropping him from the Squad. Respect come first then the game. Look what happened to English players in Australia, some of them were in news for doing outside activities then performing in the game, even coach had to be vocal with players attitude.

Its better to include youngstars who has got respect for the game, then a senior with rough attitude, can destroy team spirit and unity

strikerlube

Post by strikerlube »

Black Mamba wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:21 am
If Williams have attitude problem, then its a great call from the selectors in dropping him from the Squad. Respect come first then the game. Look what happened to English players in Australia, some of them were in news for doing outside activities then performing in the game, even coach had to be vocal with players attitude.

Its better to include youngstars who has got respect for the game, then a senior with rough attitude, can destroy team spirit and unity
here here.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

strikerlube wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:03 am
Kriterion_BD wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:32 am
strikerlube wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:44 am
Whoaaaa...Raza of Shakib quality? I'll admit Raza's bowling has come on but you have to remember Shakib has tremendous guile with ball and has played mind boggling innings vs world class attacks.

Key players for us: Tamim, Mushfiq, Shakib, Riyad, Mustafiz.
Yeah fair I probably pushed it a bit but he's more in form than shakib right now - with both. True defs not quite at his bowling level. I agree mustafizur will be crucial to the games. Bangla should win this first one with the crud prep and all. Zim win it then the series could keep swimming our way.
Shakib's recent batting form was enough to get him into cricinfo's Test XI for 2017. His Test bowling has been up to his usual mark as well. The only issue is his ODI bowling has been shoddy the past couple of years. That is the only weak point in his game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

The Robot

Post by The Robot »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:45 am
strikerlube wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:03 am
Kriterion_BD wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:32 am

Whoaaaa...Raza of Shakib quality? I'll admit Raza's bowling has come on but you have to remember Shakib has tremendous guile with ball and has played mind boggling innings vs world class attacks.

Key players for us: Tamim, Mushfiq, Shakib, Riyad, Mustafiz.
Yeah fair I probably pushed it a bit but he's more in form than shakib right now - with both. True defs not quite at his bowling level. I agree mustafizur will be crucial to the games. Bangla should win this first one with the crud prep and all. Zim win it then the series could keep swimming our way.
Shakib's recent batting form was enough to get him into cricinfo's Test XI for 2017. His Test bowling has been up to his usual mark as well. The only issue is his ODI bowling has been shoddy the past couple of years. That is the only weak point in his game.
Forgot to mention 500 Chaser Sabbir Rahman :) :)
Robo to rule :oops:

Conant
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Conant »

strikerlube wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:51 am
Black Mamba wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:21 am

here here.
Seems its alright that Steak dropped him for disciplinary reasons but when Mangongo did it... :roll:

I'm feeling very despondent for this tour after seeing the shambles of the boxing day Test; I don't know how many of our batsmen can bat to save their lives.

Taylor is out of sorts; team too reliant on Hami, who's not the best player of spin; Williams is missing, Craig Ervine is a poor player of spin, Sikandar Raza comes in too late, Malcolm Waller is a horror show... I sincerely hope I'm wrong.

I also hope the good showing against Sri Lanka wasn't a fluke or reflection of how bad Sri Lanka was back then. I can only hope.

CrimsonAvenger

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Conant wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:07 am
Seems its alright that Steak dropped him for disciplinary reasons but when Mangongo did it...
I think in that episode too, once the reasons for exclusion came out, most of us here did consider Willams to be the guilty party.

What is more astonishing in this case is (assumning that this is a disciplinary action), Streak actually acting on it this way despite being known to have a soft corner for his Bulawayo boys.

if this was a disciplinary exclusion, isn't it more sensible to announce it as the reason, though? That would at least publicly shame him and gives him a chance to mend his ways. That's what most teams do anyway.
Conant wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:07 am
Taylor is out of sorts; team too reliant on Hami, who's not the best player of spin; Williams is missing, Craig Ervine is a poor player of spin, Sikandar Raza comes in too late, Malcolm Waller is a horror show... I sincerely hope I'm wrong.
Mire. He's the key. He gets us off to a flyer, the whole team's confidence will go up. They would come out positive. If Mire fails, I think we won't be winning much.

jimbo

Post by jimbo »

Despite his lack of one day matches I would plumb with muzarabani and Jarvis to lead the bowling attack. Blessing could cause a lot of problems and has that surprise factor. Chisoro and cremer to complete the bowling attack

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Looks like there is no hype around this series...no polls from BRMT :(

I'm looking forward to it, although I am not a huge fan of the squad that was picked (Mosaddek and Abu Haider deserved call ups over Sanzamul and Saifuddin or even Abul IMO). But the road to the World Cup pretty much starts with the first ODI of the year before so we need to get on a roll and figure out what our best combination might be.

We didn't have a very good 2017, so hoping for a better 2018. Really would like us to win every game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)