Ntini resigns

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Tom91
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Ntini resigns

Post by Tom91 »

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: Ntini resigns

Post by eugene »

Seems more like he was asked to resign.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

faraip1

Post by faraip1 »

Shame his experience was going to be useful in the coming qualifiers best of luck mate

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

eugene wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:26 pm
Seems more like he was asked to resign.
http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/ ... we-cricket

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Well, I'd say what goes around comes around. His indictment of Hamilton's captaincy in his very first series in charge that led to him being sacked of captaincy from all formats and then losing form and confidence and getting dropped from the team altogether, and then Makhaya's handling of Nyauchi if gargamel is to be believed...

More will probably unravel about this story in coming days. I think we are slowly falling into another abyss right when we don't need any distraction prior to the qualifiers.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Well when ZC are broke having a fast bowling coach and coach who is a fast bowling coach was a bit of a waste.

Disappointing because I always liked Ntini as a player and it would have been good for Blessing, Mumba & Ngarava to have him around
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

Yeah, I think it was a bit of surplus to requirements scenario. Sure maybe a few players whinged that they had to go for a morning run or something, but ultimately the tail can't wag the dog. Him leaving was probably more to do with ZC trying to save money and Ntini wasn't offering anything that Streak couldn't himself.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

I wonder if they will get a spin bowling coach instead. Looks like there is a lot more to this story but I liked the fitness regime he was trying to push in the squad.

If we ever want to see a fiery fast bowling attack we needed that fire Makhaya had. We can all see that Blessing Ngarava and Mumba have the potential to be really quick and menacing. They needed to be on that 20km run kind of training for that to be achieved at a world class level. I doubt that will happen now. I'm tired of seeing medium pacers in our team. That boxing day test exposed us badly.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

He didn't have the qualifications required and experience can only take you so far. Not a bad move from ZC, but have to wonder how much Streak can take on.

Chris Brown is currently in the country working with out spin bowlers. First sort of involvement from England Cricket for a long time. Not sure how it has been arranged but hopefully the spinners are actually learning from it.

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

Is it just me, or do the players complain about any coach who emphasizes fitness?
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes