[Match Thread] U19 WC: Zimbabwe vs Papua New Guinea

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
zimfan1
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: [Match Thread] U19 WC: Zimbabwe vs Papua New Guinea

Post by zimfan1 »

https://www.icc-cricket.com/video/591647

Some highlights, some nice looking shots from Madhevere. Speaks confidently, a big criticism of our youngsters is that they come across as too meek and mild.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Ya Dollar is talented for sure, bit of a dasher and has quite hard hands, but he ticks a lot of boxes. He has a lot of potential.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Jesus our seam bowling looked toothless on the short footage I just watched.

Googly

Post by Googly »

The best two seamers are sitting in Harare, our selection process is deeply flawed. Waiting on a meaningful contribution from Makoni Jr. :lol:

PSR

Post by PSR »

Googly wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:00 am
The best two seamers are sitting in Harare, our selection process is deeply flawed. Waiting on a meaningful contribution from Makoni Jr. :lol:
Who you referring to?

Zero76

Post by Zero76 »

PSR wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:12 am
Googly wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:00 am
Who you referring to?
I assume Mazhawidza would be one of them?
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

Googly

Post by Googly »

Yep, the dummy who caused trouble for himself with SM.

Googly

Post by Googly »

He would have done well on the NZ decks. Really how they’ve omitted Muyeye is a mystery, the guy can bat and bowl. Ridiculous selections have plagued all age groups for many years. It may well be the single most contributory factor to some of our age group performances and to a number of good players simply throwing in the towel as they leave school. Once again this Muyeye lad is an exceptional talent, particularly in T20, but could so easily be coached into becoming a damned fine cricketer. Coming from Peter House one would assume he has options after school and won’t need to become part of the captive pool of franchise players that ZC can treat like shit. It’s more often than not been a factor in selections of black players, I’ve often seen good black kids from private schools overlooked. This will never end until they appoint non ZC selectors on the panels, guys like Brent and Brown without agendas and whom are not influenced by various nonsensical pressures or just an overriding directive from someone who’s just had a free holiday, has a relative or doesn’t want to rock the boat. The annoying part is that the boys in the various age groups can generally tell you very accurately who the best players are. I overheard some selectors making a final choice once and it made me sick, bunch of twats. It was a while ago but has stuck with me. They wanted most of the provinces represented, some rich white kids who could fork some cash, and two over age boys that they’d been instructed to pick. I’ve also seen a couple of decent selections more recently, but it’s never exactly right, and it’s not difficult because there are so few good players.
In this u19 squad I’d say there are 4 players that would strengthen that existing team. They overlooked one Hilton boy that is a front line batsman in favour of another they bats at 6 in the same side? An investigation into that selection will open a nice can of worms.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

sloandog wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:51 pm
Jesus our seam bowling looked toothless on the short footage I just watched.
share the link Bro ?
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Top of page 3