[Match Thread] U19 WC: Zimbabwe vs Papua New Guinea

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: [Match Thread] U19 WC: Zimbabwe vs Papua New Guinea

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

I took a screenshot of the points table before the Indians mauled PNG today. Zim was on top for nearly 4 days in their group :)

Three ways in which we can progress:

1. We beat the Aussies, we are through. It doesn't look too outlandish. They did not look all the good a team against the Indians.
2. Both the matches Aussies are left with are rained off, including our game against them. We end up with 3 points at least and they have only 2.
3. We lose to the Aussies but beat India (looks almost impossible) and Aussies don't win too handsomely against PNG, giving us better NRR to go through. This is the toughest of the options and it surely won't come down to this. If Zim has lost to Aus and both Zim - Ind and Aus - PNG are rained off too, we might stand a chance to go through with better NRR.

PSR
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by PSR »

I think we have a very good chance to beat the Aussies...they sucked against the spin even on a good batting track.
And their bowling looked weak too..

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

The Australians looked particularly weak...
Their seam bowling at least looked toothless, and their fielding shocking.

On another note, India under 19's literally have two kids bowling 92mph with ease. What incredible finds! 19 years old and bowling that fast.

Googly

Post by Googly »

I’d say they’re the favorites for the WC.

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

sloandog wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:19 am
The Australians looked particularly weak...
Their seam bowling at least looked toothless, and their fielding shocking.

On another note, India under 19's literally have two kids bowling 92mph with ease. What incredible finds! 19 years old and bowling that fast.
15 years ago I would never have imagined India producing so many good fast bowlers.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes