[Match Thread]: 2018 Tri-Series Match 2 | Zimbabwe vs Sri Lanka

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Re: [Match Thread]: 2018 Tri-Series Match 2 | Zimbabwe vs Sri Lanka

Post by tawac »

Clearly CHATARA is the man that should be leading the attack in the short format stuff. What a game. What a win.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

Googly

Post by Googly »

Good to see Taibu finally watch some of the players he manages to select long distance.

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

Googly wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:14 pm
Good to see Taibu finally watch some of the players he manages to select long distance.
He still looks very young

strikerlube

Post by strikerlube »

Oh my god guys, I've had my butthole continuously clenched for about the last hour. That was some riveting stuff.

I can feel the release of pressure... And smell it.

So proud of the boys, we really have got the wood over Lanka at the moment. Wonder what they will do to their team (dickwella etc)

There were some moments I nearly exploded but we made it. Let's take the next one and secure it!!!

Googly

Post by Googly »

Cremer needs to sharpen up on his bowling changes and a couple of filed settings. He’s so close to being a really great leggie, but his bowling changes are weird. Mavuta needs a start ahead of Mazarabani, we’re on the sub-continent. Hammy and Solly can make up a few overs of seam. If he’d dropped that last catch that would have been burned in his brain forever.

Black Mamba
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Black Mamba »

Needs to appoint a fielding coach, and Streak needs to make bowlers learn yorkers.

Craig Ervine needs to spent time bats at an important position

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Good stuff by Hamilton, Raza and Chatara, with most others chipping in. Mire's presence and hitting helped Hamilton early on too. But a lot of this win also has to do with the Lankans throwing it away from better positions.

Great win nonetheless. We badly needed this to get back to confident ways.

Stoneman Returns
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by Stoneman Returns »

Finally some positive cricket.

Bowling & fielding needs more improvement. Muzarabani will be differant if he hits the Zym regularly.Still Musakanda & Williams are needed in this team.
Success depends on Aggressive Instinct

saifulsohel05

Post by saifulsohel05 »

Great win!

Shortleg
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by Shortleg »

Great win and a big sigh of relief after port Elizabeth and the last game.

Lots of positives but a few key areas we need to improve for the next one. Craig is in a rut but he will come right. He always seems better when he is proactive from the beginning but he tends to come in and try feel his way is poking outside off stump. BT is slowly finding his feet again and one feels he is due a big one soon.

I rekon Williams in for Waller would add huge value it's a pity about his constant controversies.

Opinion still greatly divided over PJ. Is he better than a mutombodzi or Zhuwao and is he capable of a match winning innings under pressure?

For me Jarvis has been a big disappointment. He does create chances and gets swing and seam movement but at that pace if he isn't as accurate and canny as Philander he is going to always go for plenty.

I know a few would prefer Mavuta over Blessing but I think giving him as much game time as possible is crucial. We already have one league and Don't have a hit the deck bowler who can crank it up. I think he is a huge asset going forward. He is abit loose but the way he troubled Mathews shows that there is a lot to work with and I believe he should be stuck with even if he goes for a couple. It will be worth it in the long run as a tall fast bowler is a rare commodity in Zim.

Chatara was brilliant and seems back to his (almost) best. Him Jarvis Muzarabani and Cremer and Raza are a pretty good attack for Zim standards.