[Match Thread]: 2018 Tri-Series Match 2 | Zimbabwe vs Sri Lanka

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Conant
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: [Match Thread]: 2018 Tri-Series Match 2 | Zimbabwe vs Sri Lanka

Post by Conant »

jaybro wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:28 pm
Conant wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:47 am
jaybro wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:18 am

Good to see some people bother to actually read posts properly whilst others just breeze through before making fools of themselves.

The comparison of KJ to Tinashe is fair as they both have very similar returns in all formats, if KJ is still going at 6 an over and taking 1 wicket per match after 65 ODI’s then it’s fair to say he was a rubbish ODI bowler.

But for goodness sakes he’s bowled 13 overs since his return and you’re already writing him off ??

Again I’ll ask who is he keeping out that’s so special ??

And btw Mupariwa was unfairly dropped back in his prime but once he returned in the World Cup it was clear he wasn’t up to international cricket anymore.
I will say is again: Together with Shingi Masakadza, those two were already terrible in ODI cricket wayyyy.... before Kyle left for England.
Well cmon Conant who is so deserving of a spot that KJ is unfairly holding out now ?
I didn't say drop him. I said he is a terrible ODI and T20 bowler.

That he will be dropped in this format however is inevitable. As for who must replace him, I am not willing to get into any controversies yet.

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

I rate Chatara and Jarvis about equally - Chatara a touch quicker, but Jarvis can get a bit more swing. Both would be in my first XI in any format on current form.

aydee

Post by aydee »

Clearly Jarvis is not a glamourous, world class, quick bowler. Sure.

However, he does have a repeatable action, that allows him to nag away at off stump, and hit the seam. Exactly the sort of thing you would expect to learn from playing in England!

Have a look at his numbers for Zim since his comeback. Pretty reasonable, it would be fair to say. Not particularly outstanding, but by international standards none of the Zim team are, so lets not burden him with unrealistic expectations. He is a fairly reliable medium-fast seamer.

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Yup, he has played two tests since he has come back, and has easily been the best pacer on display in both of those tests, with his accuracy and the way he has got his wickets. And he has just played the two ODIs, not much to write home about there but hasn't embarrassed himself either. He definitely needs to improve a bit more if he is the accurate seamer types given how he went against SL. Hope he would, as clearly, he does not have much of a white ball previous record to fall back on. As of now, he gets his space to prove himself.

Of the two returnees, I guess Jarvis is still ahead in terms of contributing to the teams cause (due to his test performances) compared to Taylor. But in the two knocks so far in this series, Taylor has given indications that he is slowly easing into it and a big knock is not too far away.

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Zero76 wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:58 am
I see both sides of the Jarvis in ODI's debate, he isn't a great white ball bowler but most of the alternatives aren't really any better. Chatara is the best ODI paceman in Zimbabwe, that much is sure. But other than that, there isn't much to write home about. Mpofu is past it, Tiripano is barely medium-fast, and the promising younger guys like Murzarabani and Ngarava aren't ready yet
Mpofu is past it?

When did he ever have it?

To be honest, mpofu is bowling quicker than I havecverf seen him and getting as many wickets as ever.

We may not like it, but this nigga peaking! That’s why Streak likes him I think.
After Kyle and Chatara, he really is the best of a bad bunch whether we like it or not !
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Conant wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:46 am

That he will be dropped in this format however is inevitable. As for who must replace him, I am not willing to get into any controversies yet.
Well what's the point in saying he's hopeless but I wouldn't drop him ?? You could say that about just any Zim player we're not South Africa or India we're not sitting here with 20-30 quality players waiting in the wings.

The comment that
Is a contradiction in itself, if you wouldn't drop him he's still in the best XI you're just laying the boot for the sake of it.

Also having no replacement shows again you're just trashing him for nothing

more white bashing from Conant
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Andybligzz

Post by Andybligzz »

Conant wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:35 am
Andybligzz wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:00 pm
Conant wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:44 am

Hahahah.. people will say anything to back their choices. You have quickly discovered to your credit that Chatara is your best ODI fast bowler, how have you ascertained that Chatara is not the best Test bowler we have?
This is ridiculous ! Because he hadn’t played lately maybe that’s why , Jarvis has been our best test bowler of late because he has played , if Chatara plays and takes wickets and out bowls Jarvis then my argument will change. I think they are both good bowlers and I have wanted Chatara to take the new ball with Jarvis in the longer format for ages. If you had read my early posts in other discussion I have stated this passionately . I don’t get why you think it’s befecause of favourites ! Chatara is one of my favourite zim cricketers and I’m not saying he’s not a good bowler in the longer format , just Jarvis has played lately and done very well. Christ
So if Chatara hasn't played lately, how do you know he is the best ODI seamer we have? Over the course of the one ODI match he played and outbowled Jarvis? This doesn't make sense to me. Does Ngidi become better than Rabada becoz he got 6 and Rabada 3?

You have contradicted yourself. But, don't worry about it. :)
He has played odis lately and done very well, look at his stats the last 3 years ! He has barely played an tests while Jarvis has made his return and done decently. Don’t think I ever brought Ngidi into it did I ? You are just pointing out examples of players that have nothing to do with my original argument.
Clearly you can’t accept what I was saying as you have your favourites yourself. Let me simply break it down to you so you can understand , I said of recent performances Jarvis is our best test seam bowler ( which is correct ) and Chatara is our best odi seam bowler ( also correct ). I have not said anything different or anything less , so please stop trying to re word my argument and use other players as examples that have nothing to do with what I was saying. Hope you understand what I meant now .
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!

Conant

Post by Conant »

jaybro wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:30 pm
Conant wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:46 am

Well what's the point in saying he's hopeless but I wouldn't drop him ?? You could say that about just any Zim player we're not South Africa or India we're not sitting here with 20-30 quality players waiting in the wings.

The comment that
Is a contradiction in itself, if you wouldn't drop him he's still in the best XI you're just laying the boot for the sake of it.

Also having no replacement shows again you're just trashing him for nothing

more white bashing from Conant
Please. Chris Mpofu could hardly do worse than Jarvis. Mpofu at least offers something at the dearth.

As for the white bashing, its cheap but I'm not surprised or even offended.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Conant wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:35 am

It is cheap for a bloke who holds himself in such high regard you should be better than this
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Conant

Post by Conant »

jaybro wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:38 am
Conant wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:35 am

It is cheap for a bloke who holds himself in such high regard you should be better than this
:D :D :D :lol: :lol: :shock: :shock: I hold myself in high regard!?

The Dogg holds himself in high regard, not me! :o :o