[Match Thread] U19 WC: Zimbabwe vs India

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Googly

Re: [Match Thread] U19 WC: Zimbabwe vs India

Post by Googly »

Madhevere looks ok as well. I saw in his interview he was wanting to be the top all rounder in the tournament, he shouldn’t say stuff like that when he’s up against the World’s best. He can play though and clearly has confidence. What our young batters need to realize is that they can get runs by sticking to basics and grinding it out, this is the world stage and they’re not super stars, just bat sensibly with the tools you’ve got and occupy the crease and learn.

Googly

Post by Googly »

I don’t think these Indians are going to lose a wicket, they’re in a different league. Pisses me off, was desperate to watch Shaw, I’ve been told he’s the best batsman to come along for many years.
Just watching Myers bowl- he shouldn’t be bowling with an action like that, he’s going to do himself a permanent injury, who’s the bowling coach? Fire him.
Roache has got a doosra!! Wow.

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Shaw is very good, but his name is doing the rounds more because he comes from Mumbai, with obvious comparisons being made to Sachin Tendulkar. He also got a debut first class 100 and hasn't looked back.

But the guy you are witnessing now could be an even bigger name in the game. Shubman Gill is being moulded to an absolute gem under the watchful eyes of Rahul Dravid - away from all the fanfare. A genius of a talent who can mould his game to all formats. I won't be surprised if he makes it to the 2019 CWC India squad with some middle order positions up for grabs. Massive talent.

And almost about to get to an average of 100 in youth ODIs. Clearly, he is in a different league.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Would like to see that delivery again, definitely went the other way. How do we have a 15 year old seamer with a life threatening action bowling at these guys? Toothless seam attack. This is going to be a 10 wicket win for India.
Damn my mojo is gone. This is not good.

Ya Gill looks amazing, doesn’t he. Wow.

CrimsonAvenger

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Googly wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:41 am
who’s the bowling coach? Fire him.
Is that a trick question? :)

The Robot

Post by The Robot »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:47 am
Shaw is very good, but his name is doing the rounds more because he comes from Mumbai, with obvious comparisons being made to Sachin Tendulkar. He also got a debut first class 100 and hasn't looked back.

But the guy you are witnessing now could be an even bigger name in the game. Shubman Gill is being moulded to an absolute gem under the watchful eyes of Rahul Dravid - away from all the fanfare. A genius of a talent who can mould his game to all formats. I won't be surprised if he makes it to the 2019 CWC India squad with some middle order positions up for grabs. Massive talent.

And almost about to get to an average of 100 in youth ODIs. Clearly, he is in a different league.
Aso Smashed Boult, Southee in an warm up odi match where hd scored 70 odd.
Robo to rule :oops:

Googly

Post by Googly »

Connolly looks ok. How does Roache bowl Myers ahead of Connolly? Looks like he’s got good control of line and length but he’s not going to trouble these guys.

Googly

Post by Googly »

That’s not even their opening pair! They’re giving other guys a shot, I thought so, Shaw is an opener.

grant
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by grant »

Connolly barely clocked 70 mph.... Our bowling looks toothless!

The Robot

Post by The Robot »

Repetation of old performance

Tricky question wiill be. Who are the next probables going to represent England, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand and Ireland from these Zimbabwe under 19 slot ?

Ireland have earned test status, a new destination for talented under 19 players from Zimbabwe. Adam Keefe from the last under 19 world cup moved to Irish folds.

English might target and snatch Liam Roche, talented spinner allrounder. Snatching and Migrating to other nation to start soon.
Robo to rule :oops: