Craig Ervine - Debate

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
TapsC

Re: Craig Ervine - Debate

Post by TapsC »

The biggest problem that I have mentioned before with PJ is that his strike rotation is extremely poor. That's why his strike rate is so poor because he waits 15 or so deliveries then plays a few big hits. In tests it doesnt matter and in t20s he just starts with the slogs. Only person in the world who is suited for everything besides ODIs. He might have to turn himself into an opener where can score a few boundaries but his footwork is a bit dodgy sometimes. He is capable of changing tho. That I can believe.

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

Plus you can tell that he's gritty and tough, and seriously wants to get better. Gold on Zimbabwean grit

Andybligzz

Post by Andybligzz »

sloandog wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:49 pm
Plus you can tell that he's gritty and tough, and seriously wants to get better. Gold on Zimbabwean grit
+1 he’s becoming a favourite of mine lately
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!

zimlover
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by zimlover »

Craig has been horrendous, I don’t know why the selectors dropped Musakanda he played very well in the previous Srilanka series and I bet my top dollar he could at least scored better than Craig.
He needs to be dropped to keep the competition happening,no to sacred cows.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

When a player of Craig Ervine's class, caliber, ability, patience and overall run making ability eventually retires, all the haters on this thread will be laughed at for not appreciating his worth. Craig Ervine is one of FEW international batters in our current ranks, alongside Taylor, Mazakadza and maybe Raza.
His record speaks for itself, both at FC level and internationally and those hating on him are being completely unfair. Don't forget, Ervine has been playing since our 're admission' as such into playing the bigger teams, like India, NZ, SA and others who refused to tour or invite us between 2006 and 2010. He's scored test runs in the West Indies, Sri Lanka and has ODI centuries (plural) to his name, one of which being achieved in alien conditions.

Calling for Ervine to be dropped after such a productive FC 'season' and a great tour to Sri Lanka shows how stupid, fickle and narrow minded some people on this forum are. I've unliked the Zimbabwe Cricket Facebook page since that idiot admin posted about Ervine being selected purely because he's white.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Moor has had an ok tour so far batting @7

scored 33 in the first match then 19 in the second, both times out trying to hit sixes at the end

I felt bad for him in the last game as he had a chance to bat 21 overs with BT but got run-out without facing a ball

You'd think if Williams will replace him in the XI by the time the qualifiers come around
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

Stick with Ervine for quite a while yet.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Jemisi wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:33 am
Stick with Ervine for quite a while yet.
Hallelujah

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

I wish Hami had gotten this kind of support when he was being dropped. He always came back stronger tho. Being dropped to go work on your game is not always the worst thing that can happen to you

tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by tawac »

TapsC wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:00 pm
I wish Hami had gotten this kind of support when he was being dropped. He always came back stronger tho. Being dropped to go work on your game is not always the worst thing that can happen to you
Hammy always did come back a better player and you would end up wondering why he was even dropped in the first place. Ervine's average has dropped to 32 and that really tells a story. He is not the same player he was. He really needs to do some soul searching. Play some domestic cricket and get back in the groove of things. Whats sad is we don't have any domestic cricket coming up. Its like kicking a bit up donkey. It wont do no number 2.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'