Craig Ervine - Debate

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Andybligzz
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Craig Ervine - Debate

Post by Andybligzz »

jaybro wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:48 am
Don’t remember saying PJ was a better option than Burl, Williams or Tari you might need to have another look Taps

Streak likes Moor because he’s a good team man and a fighter plus his late order hitting, personally I’d rather have Burl in the XI but the 7 role lends itself to either Moor or Waller more.

Tari is hopelessly out of form he has zero 50 plus scores this domestic season that’s why he ain’t in the squad at the moment, a decent score or two against Kenya probably has him on the plane to Dubai though

Trust me Zhuwao ain’t the answer
Agreed
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!

Zero76

Post by Zero76 »

Waller certainly isn't the answer either.
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

Andybligzz

Post by Andybligzz »

Yeh Waller is a goner now , Williams should never have been dropped from the shorter stuff. We don’t need a finisher , we Always have these collapses and we need someone who can steady the ship. I think our bowling is very handy now and is looking decent , just our batting is letting us down. We are missing a reliable ervine and Taylor so badly any team who’s 3 and 4 struggles always struggles. To be honest I don’t know who can come in as there’s no one that is really screaming pick me.
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Zero76 wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:15 pm
Waller certainly isn't the answer either.
Andybligzz wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:33 pm
Yeh Waller is a goner now , Williams should never have been dropped from the shorter stuff. We don’t need a finisher , we Always have these collapses and we need someone who can steady the ship. I think our bowling is very handy now and is looking decent , just our batting is letting us down. We are missing a reliable ervine and Taylor so badly any team who’s 3 and 4 struggles always struggles. To be honest I don’t know who can come in as there’s no one that is really screaming pick me.
The thing with Waller is that in certain situations he's perfect and adds plenty to the side but he's not versatile at all he can't alter his game to suit conditions or game situations.

He was so effective in Sri Lanka because he was batting 7 or 8 and coming in late in the innings on very good pitches where stroke play was easy, in this situation he's perfect because he has plenty of shots and is a big hitter. But in BD where the pitches were more difficult to bat on he couldn't change his game to play more circumspect and looked all at sea, the fact our top order continued to fail also meant he was coming in early as well and he's just not cut out to bat responsibly for 30 overs.

His bowling is a plus as well although he has been under used in this series he gives us another option, for me I think Waller is best suited when we play the '8-3' lineup because we have the extra batting cushion and his bowling is required.

I still have him @ 7 in the qualifiers because we should bat better at home so he should be able to come in at a more suitable time and play his game effectively, but I think after the Qualifiers we should be looking at someone else.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Williams would have scored a nice looking 50 in the last game once the score was 68 for 6 or whatever. Thats what he's done over 100+ internationals in 12 odd years. Waller offers the ability to blast 40 off 22 in the last 5 overs of the game. But thats a sitation ZIM rarely face given the top order collapse.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Can’t believe Williams cops flack for scoring runs when no one else does
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

The thing is, scoring runs when the contest is already over is much different than scoring runs and leading the team to victory. Williams has quite a healthy average in losing causes, yet it is hard to find a signature innings of his that lead to a big victory. Don't get me wrong, Williams is one of our better players and should be in the team, but he is not as valuable in victories as BT, Hammy, Ervine, etc.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

He's getting some shit thrown at him here is Williams

Googly

Post by Googly »

Yeah you can’t really assign value, particularly when it’s inevitably the lower middle order that contributes, a good 6/7/8 is vital in any team, particularly one that is always on the back foot. If you can have a DeKock at 7 you’re in the game. Or a night watchman like Rabada, this fuxker would bar three for us. Unbelievable what hhs doing right now for Sa.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Currently our top 4 are just taking the sting out of the attack for the lower order.