[Match Thread]: 2018 Tri-Series Match 4 (Potential Semi-final) | Zimbabwe vs Sri Lanka

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
firebreaker

Re: [Match Thread]: 2018 Tri-Series Match 4 (Potential Semi-final) | Zimbabwe vs Sri Lanka

Post by firebreaker »

You need more spinners on these tracks

foreignfield
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: [Match Thread]: 2018 Tri-Series Match 4 (Potential Semi-final) | Zimbabwe vs Sri Lanka

Post by foreignfield »

grant wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:55 pm
zimlover wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:43 pm
I can’t believe they have given the ball to Muzarabani again after his last display this is atrocious to say the least,he is not ready for international cricket.
To be fair, he hasn't bowled badly. He didn't began well though and that's what ruined his bowling figures.
I'm actually surprised by the control he has shown in the last two matches (although I haven't watched every spell). It seems that he is concentrating on his control and not overstepping for now.

He even has a yorker :)

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

I just don't understand why Raza is still bowling. Cremer needs to be on now, there's no point saving himself for the final few overs because the game is not going to last that long.

foreignfield

Post by foreignfield »

For a kid playing in his third List A match ever he's doing more than okay, I'd say. If they can sort out his run-up and he let's himself go a bit more he'll be a handful for sure.

grant
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by grant »

foreignfield wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:00 pm
grant wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:55 pm
zimlover wrote:
I can’t believe they have given the ball to Muzarabani again after his last display this is atrocious to say the least,he is not ready for international cricket.
To be fair, he hasn't bowled badly. He didn't began well though and that's what ruined his bowling figures.
I'm actually surprised by the control he has shown in the last two matches (although I haven't watched every spell). It seems that he is concentrating on his control and not overstepping for now.

He even has a yorker :)
This took me by surprise too! He's finished well today, 28 runs off his last seven overs, and three crucial wickets as well.
Last edited by grant on Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

foreignfield wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:06 pm
For a kid playing in his third List A match ever he's doing more than okay, I'd say. If they can sort out his run-up and he let's himself go a bit more he'll be a handful for sure.
Yeah, I was wrong earlier to judge him on those first few overs. He's shown quite a bit as the innings has progressed. 3/52 are ODI bowling figures you'd take every day of the week.

CrimsonAvenger

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

foreignfield wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:06 pm
Yeah, I love this guy. He can be a star with proper guidance. He is, at the very least, better than Ngarava, whom we also tried out mostly unsuccessfully.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

zimfan1 wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:45 pm
zimlover wrote:
:lol:
Sarcasm aside,
It’s a huge symbolic moment when the diaspora returns.
The best message to sound to a youngster, if two successful county cunts return, then my home is a place I can make a future!
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:10 pm
zimfan1 wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:45 pm
zimlover wrote:
:lol:
Sarcasm aside,
It’s a huge symbolic moment when the diaspora returns.
The best message to sound to a youngster, if two successful county cunts return, then my home is a place I can make a future!
Aaaaand even if you are fully aware that good money was offered, you can still ascertain that;
A) there’s money and opportunity in playing for zim
B) that even our best want to play for us
C) no place like home
D) money or not, they still chose to come here and saw a future in red colours
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

Much rather have an opening bowling attack of Chatara and Jarvis instead of the rubbish we have seen since the 2015 world cup.