[Match Thread]: 2018 Tri-Series Match 5 | Zimbabwe vs Bangladesh

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
foreignfield
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: [Match Thread]: 2018 Tri-Series Match 5 | Zimbabwe vs Bangladesh

Post by foreignfield »

brmtaylor.com admin wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:53 am
sloandog wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:52 am
What the fuck am I watching.
Malcolm Waller, it's been a pleasure
Why do our guys try and play stupid sweeps and ramps from ball one. Streak needs to make it a rule that you can't play a cross bat shot until you've been out there for 20 minutes.
That's not even stupid anymore.

zimlover
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by zimlover »

tawac wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:49 am
Ervine has been out of sorts for a while having him sit out a game or two could actually do him some good. The selectors really made life difficult for themselves by not selecting a reserve batsman. Its like we are back in the post rebels period where Vusi gets picked regardless because we don't have any replacements.
Finally some one with some sense.

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

Now our premier allrounder is at the crease.
Cremer is easily a better batsman than Waller, arguably better than Mire, could mount a case to being better than Moor, and on form better than Ervine.

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

brmtaylor.com admin wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:57 am
Now our premier allrounder is at the crease.
Cremer is easily a better batsman than Waller, arguably better than Mire, could mount a case to being better than Moor, and on form better than Ervine.
Yea I agree with all that. Just so...mind boggling how Waller plays such stupid shots first up. He's a damned good player but has so many brain farts

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

I think Ervine should drop down the order.. its pretty clear now. 2 years ago he was averaging 37 now he is on 32. Something is up. We cant afford a number 3 with a weakness like that. Technically a number 3 should be able to open the batting because he could be in as early as the second ball. We ALL know he would average 10 opening. He has a better chance learning how to accelerate his batting at 5 than fixing that problem. If he continues batting at 3 he will eventually be dropped. I can put money on that

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

:4: to Cremer

At what point do we say he should be batting in the top 6?

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

I think we have had too many this is surely it moments for Waller. It might just be the time now. the selectors are now testing our patience

Mr Twig

Post by Mr Twig »

TapsC wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:02 pm
I think we have had too many this is surely it moments for Waller. It might just be the time now. the selectors are now testing our patience
Problem is every time they drop him he goes back to domestic cricket and scores a heap of runs. We just don't have anyone else screaming out pick me.

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Creamer's a gun. He's the only one playing like it's a normal match. 23 off 30 so far.

tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by tawac »

Mr Twig wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:10 pm
TapsC wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:02 pm
Problem is every time they drop him he goes back to domestic cricket and scores a heap of runs. We just don't have anyone else screaming out pick me.
Mutombodzi, Tari, Burl, Masvaure even Tiripano could easy play that role. I have heard people saying one needs to be a good finisher able to clear the ropes and what nought. How many times has Waller actually done any good finishing.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'