[Match Thread]: 2018 Tri-Series Match 5 | Zimbabwe vs Bangladesh

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Stoneman Returns
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Re: [Match Thread]: 2018 Tri-Series Match 5 | Zimbabwe vs Bangladesh

Post by Stoneman Returns »

Ireland is now a differant side, won series against Afghanistan in UAE. Very soon their levels are going to be equivalent to Bangladesh.

Getting test status now, its a new home for talented cricketers from Zimbabwe & South Africa, which will make Irish cricket more strong.
Last edited by Stoneman Returns on Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Success depends on Aggressive Instinct

PSR
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by PSR »

Don't you guys think Mire is an overrated player??..Just slogs...No good cricketing shots...IMO he should be dropped...don't know who should replace him though?

Stoneman Returns
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by Stoneman Returns »

PSR wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:54 am
Don't you guys think Mire is an overrated player??..Just slogs...No good cricketing shots...IMO he should be dropped...don't know who should replace him though?
Mire is an average " in his day he could smash any attack " type player.So, you have to find out that special day when Mire will fire.

Will go for Ryan Burl or talented Wesley Medhevere to replace him
Success depends on Aggressive Instinct

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

jaybro wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:56 am
Harsh on Chatara and Hami Kriterion

I agree with Mire though he has been exposed badly on this tour
By "meh" I meant "solid". Chats was Meh compared to Jarvis, who has been superb. Jarvis has not only bowled economically, but he's taken a lot of wickets this series (more than the Fizz). Chatara has been solid. Blessing has done very well too for a rookie in his debut series.

As far as Hamilton goes, the entire ZCF forum knows the stat I always mention, so I won't this time, lol. Hami still has time to make me eat half a pie if he gets some scores against Ireland and Afghanistan. Ireland is a bonus because their bowling attack is mediocre at best...but because a matchup with Ireland is a high pressure game, I'm including it. But bashing Sri Lanka's minnow level attack is only one step up from bashing Kenya around 2008. This tri series has shown where SL's current form is really at.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Black Mamba
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Black Mamba »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:17 am
jaybro wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:56 am
Harsh on Chatara and Hami Kriterion

I agree with Mire though he has been exposed badly on this tour
By "meh" I meant "solid". Chats was Meh compared to Jarvis, who has been superb. Jarvis has not only bowled economically, but he's taken a lot of wickets this series (more than the Fizz). Chatara has been solid. Blessing has done very well too for a rookie in his debut series.

As far as Hamilton goes, the entire ZCF forum knows the stat I always mention, so I won't this time, lol. Hami still has time to make me eat half a pie if he gets some scores against Ireland and Afghanistan. Ireland is a bonus because their bowling attack is mediocre at best...but because a matchup with Ireland is a high pressure game, I'm including it. But bashing Sri Lanka's minnow level attack is only one step up from bashing Kenya around 2008. This tri series has shown where SL's current form is really at.
Hathurasingha will definately change Sri Lanka within a few years. He is known for his coaching skills with finding new talents and giving them proper guidance, same man had a great coaching stinct with not only Bangladesh, but also with New Southwales, where next Aussies cricket stars comes out.

Googly

Post by Googly »

PSR wrote:
Solly and Hammy got really bogged down in that game and resorted to some big shots to try and break the shackles, that’s pretty standard for quite a few players. I was disappointed that all the batters didn’t adjust well to the fact that the ball coming straight on was the danger ball, and I’m still scratching my head as to how so many of those balls slid straight on, our bowlers were getting big turn, it was strange. They would have probably been better off playing him as a medium pacer and not playing for too much turn.
For me Burl is the guy that could threaten Solly’s spot at the top of the order, he’s an extremely talented young man and has got a good touch. The strange thing with cricket is that you can get a guy who flatters to deceive at a lower level, but will step up against better opposition, and I’d back Ryan to be such a player. Solly is a hitter, and if he gets tied up it’s going to look ugly. That was the worst scenario for him and conditions in the UAE and here will suit him better. The opposition will have good ideas on how to keep him quiet though and he needs to work on that.

Googly

Post by Googly »

ZC have finally opened up the cricket here a bit and we do have a few new faces, but what’s all important is a decent FC level where they can consolidate. Unfortunately not only is the FC a woeful standard, but even worse, it’s irregular. There aren’t enough games and then they can never seem to have any continuity whatsoever. The jump from our FC to the main side is a yawning abyss, it would take some special player to make the transition, which is why we are forced to stick with the same players who for a variety of other reasons only deliver occasionally. Our big issue is trying to get a decent innings out of more than one batsman in any game. How mentally draining must it be to walk out 9/10 times knowing that the team is in shit and you need to fire, I think even Waugh would have ended up a gibbering wreck. I think if a team of psychologists were to run tests on our boys they would conclude that they were basket cases. It has to be so shit losing so often and not seeing how to make the step up to winning ways. I’m sure they know what to do but the execution is the issue.

Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

Pro 50 games should start soon. Even ZC should use school or college ground, games are now important for the selection of proper squad for the qualifiers, and both national (if they are not for national duties) domestic and skilled under 19s should get chance in these games.

Highlight of Playing against Kenya, is just to see the performance of Brian Vitori with new action, else nothing to be found against a relegetted division 2 side.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Black Mamba wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:31 am

Hathurasingha will definately change Sri Lanka within a few years. He is known for his coaching skills with finding new talents and giving them proper guidance, same man had a great coaching stinct with not only Bangladesh, but also with New Southwales, where next Aussies cricket stars comes out.
Hathu has got to have the requisite talent to work with. Still early days, he's been coach for just 3 games now...but they are going to need more than just a good coach to get out of the abyss they are in. They aren't rebuilding or just lost like England in 2015 World Cup, they need to either drop 7 or 8 of their current XI or find a way to get those guys to be consistent. Thats harder than rocket science.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

Googly wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:52 am
PSR wrote:
Solly and Hammy got really bogged down in that game and resorted to some big shots to try and break the shackles, that’s pretty standard for quite a few players. I was disappointed that all the batters didn’t adjust well to the fact that the ball coming straight on was the danger ball, and I’m still scratching my head as to how so many of those balls slid straight on, our bowlers were getting big turn, it was strange. They would have probably been better off playing him as a medium pacer and not playing for too much turn.
For me Burl is the guy that could threaten Solly’s spot at the top of the order, he’s an extremely talented young man and has got a good touch. The strange thing with cricket is that you can get a guy who flatters to deceive at a lower level, but will step up against better opposition, and I’d back Ryan to be such a player. Solly is a hitter, and if he gets tied up it’s going to look ugly. That was the worst scenario for him and conditions in the UAE and here will suit him better. The opposition will have good ideas on how to keep him quiet though and he needs to work on that.
The way Rashid & Nabi bowling in pace suitable pitches in Big Bash league, Australia does'nt seems its going to be easy for Zimbabwe handling them in spin friendly pitches of UAE, but expecting some fiery spells from Jarvis and Muzarabani at nught game in Sharjah were pacers get some help with some seam movements.