Sam Curran called up for England

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Black Mamba
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: Sam Curran called up for England

Post by Black Mamba »

Timothy Judge 152* from 65 balls with 16 fours and 10 sixes
Great Knock

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

Googly wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:50 am
I will guarantee he would not disgrace himself on the international stage, he probably has a Zimbabwean connection somewhere as well.
ZC aren't smart or proactive enough to scout players like that. They probably just expect another Raza to happen magically.
The Zim govt should offer citizenship to a few B-grade Ranji Trophy players just to grease the wheels a bit.

I'll bet you anything some random from Hyderabad would be among the leading wicket takers in the Logan Cup.

Googly

Post by Googly »

There’s also a damned good SA 21 year old called Dustin Melton, whom I’ve mentioned before. He’s got Zim heritage. I’ve never seen him personally, but I believe he’s terrific, and can bat a bit. Has a niggling ankle injury.
I would love to know what Matigimu is up to. Things change a bit in a year, but he was a promising u19 bowler, but didn’t do as well as I thought he would at the WC.
We need to entice guys back to strengthen our FC and see who’s who. Our current crop is mighty thin.

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

If Streak and Taibu were still around they’d be able to attract someone like Matigmu or a Brad Evans back into the fold.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Googly

Post by Googly »

No it’s the admin that worries everyone. Those guys are just tsotsis with no concern about anyone but themselves.

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

Streak and taibu know the guys and have their respect, they were able to get a few players back when they were in charge.

The board issues keeps the majority of players away that is true, but it’s streaky and tibby who can convince them to come back regardless

The board ain’t changing especially now the icc has backed them once again
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement