Zimbos in UK 2018 Season

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Flakeman

Re: Zimbos in UK 2018 Season

Post by Flakeman »

zimstarr wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:41 pm
Flakeman wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:50 am
Don’t let Roy drink too much, he would be a classic example of a guy who goes off the rails cause of his newfound money and social life. He’s a talented cricketer, but one feels he would be a bit dumb over there.

Sloandog go smash him bro !
He is going there to improve his game .theres nothing wrong with that .
I know what kind of guy he is, and unfortunately most local guys who go over to a new 1st world environment make this same mistake. Happy if he stays away from it though. Don’t be naive

jimmylesaint
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by jimmylesaint »

Not only do i think rising stars is wasting money in UK when they could be in India or SA.

I worry that we are going to lose our players to Club systems in UK and my cynical side is worried that
ZC are setting up a sorts management system where they'll start selling our best talent ??

Googly

Post by Googly »

A stint in an English club is a must for any cricketer, especially our guys who don’t get that much cricket.
We don’t have a single player currently in our system that would progress from English club into County, so those are unfounded fears. There are also big differences in the standard between the divisions, particularly between Div 1 and Premier. There are very few clubs that will get a promotion into Prem and not finish near the bottom. A lot of these sides have current and ex county players in them and the standard is damned good.
I would be curious to see who is or has played Prem.

Googly

Post by Googly »

The clubs/ECB have made it abundantly clear they don’t want overseas players as well.

zimfan1
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by zimfan1 »

Tony Munyonga, this kid seems to have something about him, can any locals shed any light? Off to the UK with the Rising Stars, could be one to look out for.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Flakeman wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:50 am
Don’t let Roy drink too much, he would be a classic example of a guy who goes off the rails cause of his newfound money and social life. He’s a talented cricketer, but one feels he would be a bit dumb over there.

Sloandog go smash him bro !
Booze is good for body. Keeps the liver on its toes :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

ljriley90

Post by ljriley90 »

Shingi - 2/38 off 15 // 24 off 32 in a losing effort batting 4.
R. KAia - 4/21 off 15 // 33 off 58 in a losing effort batting 3.
Mashinge 0/59 off 7 / 44 off 25 won
Jayden Schandedorf 1/27 off 7 // 4 off 15 LOST
Musoko 1/16 off 6 / 13 batting at 6 LOST

Robbo

Post by Robbo »

Googly, most English clubs would like to have overseas players as it's good for them, and great for the player. For years it's been a win for both parties. The problem now is the visa rules have made it an absolute minefield, and so many clubs ( including my own) are just steering clear.

It's a massive shame...

Googly

Post by Googly »

I agree, it was almost a right of passage to have played English club cricket.
If Brexit ever happens it will also have an impact, particularly at County level.
Now I’m listening to Strauss talking about 100 ball games and 10 ball overs to increase viewership. He also needs to be stopped.

Robbo

Post by Robbo »

He does. You would think T20 has got that new audience, now they want 100 balls. I worry where its all going...
Even at club level we are producing less and less young players who can bat time, and last through a whole innings , mostly around the 50 over mark.