Afghanistan Series: Predictions

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
TapsC

Re: Afghanistan Series: Predictions

Post by TapsC »

Problem I have with t20 cricket is that it doesn't really reflect the true quality of teams in a lot games. It makes it interesting because it brings teams closer but it doesn't mean the quality is better. On any day anybody can beat anyone. A Zhuwao could be lucky on one day and blast 70 off 30 and from there it almost guarantees you the match .

Watching the boxing day test made me realize what real cricket is about. Scoring a century in such conditions is career defining. Winning a test like that against opposition that good is unforgettable. Beating S.A. in S.A. in a test series in tough conditions like that is probably a lot more sentimental that any t20 victory.

Black Mamba
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Black Mamba »

Andybligzz wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:00 pm
Black Mamba wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:47 am
Andybligzz wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:21 am

Glad to see people that think a like , T20s is fun but not cricket in my eyes. Don’t get me wrong the big bash and all that is great when you’re at home and want to watch some cricket but it just lacks the spirit of a odi or test to me , maybe it’s because I grew up with other formats but personally I cannot really get into T20s at all
Its your personal thinking. T20 is now bringing talents for the longer formats. Players like David Warner, Rohit Sharma, Kagiso Rabada, Ben Stokes, Alex Hales all are stars in the longest format because of performing in T20
in early part of their career.

Zimbabwe Cricket is in such a state that any format could be looked as fun or non real cricket :) Though players who would have been success for Zimbabwe in T20s are not in news. Malcolm Lake, Shaun Snyder, Jeremy Ives, Ryan Murray looked quite strong when they smashed the ball, and they whould have been sure the automatic choice of T20 Cricket for Zimbabwe.
And that’s your opinion doesn’t mean it’s correct either.
Zimbabwe poor t20 records proves, about thier quality of T20 players

eugene

Post by eugene »

I think the T20 World Cup is every bit as intense as any other format, however most T20s are played with experimental lineups and a focus on developing players for the future. That being said, the problems that Zimbabwe display in T20 are the same issues that manifest themselves in other formats - poor shot selection, poor strike rotation, poor poise under pressure, poor fielding, poor use of bowlers, the list goes on.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

T20 has its skillsets. I realized that around 2010 when I realized Bangladesh sucked even though most of us fans initially thought "oh, 20 overs? thats perfect for our ADHD cricketers!"

However the satisfaction of winning isn't as intense as it is with a Test or ODI win. Even if Bangladesh were to win a WT20 (haha), I wouldn't really care because I feel Tests and ODIs are the real markers of ability and success. Many if not most cricket fans would probably disagree.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:17 pm
T20 has its skillsets. I realized that around 2010 when I realized Bangladesh sucked even though most of us fans initially thought "oh, 20 overs? thats perfect for our ADHD cricketers!"

However the satisfaction of winning isn't as intense as it is with a Test or ODI win. Even if Bangladesh were to win a WT20 (haha), I wouldn't really care because I feel Tests and ODIs are the real markers of ability and success. Many if not most cricket fans would probably disagree.
Yea that's why i wasn't even all that bothered when the West Indies won in a couple of years running. The guys playing that were amazing to watch but weren't part of the formats that mattered

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

sloandog wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:22 pm

Yea that's why i wasn't even all that bothered when the West Indies won in a couple of years running. The guys playing that were amazing to watch but weren't part of the formats that mattered
Felt great for the long-suffering Windies fans, but I have little sympathy for the players. I fully understand them looking out for their paychecks and prioritizing the IPL. But they are a dysfunctional bunch who think they are better than they are. The Dwayne Bravos, Kieron Pollards, Andre Russells, and Sunil Narines are crap Test cricketers and would get owned in the Intercontinental Cup.

I hope the current bunch with the Shai Hopes, the Blackwoods, the Gabriels and Josephs, the Roston Chases do well for the West Indies in Tests and ODIs. And I hope the WI cricket board does fuck around and screw their players over.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:47 pm
sloandog wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:22 pm

Felt great for the long-suffering Windies fans, but I have little sympathy for the players. I fully understand them looking out for their paychecks and prioritizing the IPL. But they are a dysfunctional bunch who think they are better than they are. The Dwayne Bravos, Kieron Pollards, Andre Russells, and Sunil Narines are crap Test cricketers and would get owned in the Intercontinental Cup.

I hope the current bunch with the Shai Hopes, the Blackwoods, the Gabriels and Josephs, the Roston Chases do well for the West Indies in Tests and ODIs. And I hope the WI cricket board does fuck around and screw their players over.
The board need to bite the bullet and accept that their FC system is not attractive for players to stick around for when offers like the IPL are on the table.

Their Chairman is a complete joke and seems very arrogant, while Browne seems thick as pig shit who fabricates stories. All the players he called out for not making themselves available have said the same thing; that they have had little correspondence with Browne and not once have they stated they do not wish to play for the West Indies. And yet, Browne said they did.
Somebody is making up fabrications here, and I bet it isn't the players; more the board spilling their sour grapes.

Bend for your players, WICB, and they will bend for you...as weird as that sounds 8-)

pearl

Post by pearl »

ODIS
Afghanistan 5
Zimbabwe 0
Happy to be wrong though

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

pearl wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:49 am
ODIS
Afghanistan 5
Zimbabwe 0
Happy to be wrong though
I'm still calling a 3-2 series loss

eugene

Post by eugene »

5-0 to Afghanistan. It is men against boys out there at the moment.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes