Zhuwao Maina

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Re: Zhuwao Maina

Post by tawac »

We are just speculating here. But a 14 man squad is a disaster waiting to happen for such a long series. Just imagine SA have lost AB, Fuf, Quinton. Figures crossed. In the same vein we would have wanted to have a look at as many players as possible in the run up to the final squad for the qualifiers.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Of course it is speculations. In either directions. I'm just adding one more (quite likely) angle to it. As a cash-strapped board we have hundreds of things to worry about and a last minute replacement is not very easy. Of course, in an ideal world, we would want to get to the best combination possible by tinkering with the squad as much as possible.

I'm sure if these two were home series, things would have been handled differently. It would have been easy to have a bloated squad going around with the team. And it is good that they have organized this series against Kenya so that we are taking a look at others who can come in for the failing first team players at the end of the Afg series. Not ideal, but not the end of the world too, given our situation.

Its not my job to convince you if you have made up your mind, but there could be severe logistics issues they are facing that also could have meant fewer changes to the squad from the BD series originally as well.

Mueddie28

Post by Mueddie28 »

Mr Twig wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:45 am
Good on him for knocking on doors. Exactly what we need and he'll definitely be in the mix after the WC qualifiers. (especially if we don't qualify).
Unless if Streak & Taibu are no longer selectors

Googly

Post by Googly »

A return ticket and accommodation would have been less than a grand if they’d booked smartly. There’s a special on to UK right now for £400 return. This is the quiet season, airfares are for nothing.
We’re about to play for our lives here in the qualifiers. I think Williams needs to take a teaspoon of cement, strap it up and play, if it’s his bowling finger he can just bat. We need this guy. If we don’t qualify he won’t be needing that finger any time soon except to pick his nose. We ne d heroes.

foreignfield
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by foreignfield »

Googly wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:59 am
I think Williams needs to take a teaspoon of cement, strap it up and play, if it’s his bowling finger he can just bat. We need this guy. If we don’t qualify he won’t be needing that finger any time soon except to pick his nose. We ne d heroes.
On Tuesday Sean William said on twitter that it's three weeks before the screw comes out and posted this photo of his finger:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DV677pyX0AAA0VI.jpg

Googly

Post by Googly »

Ok I unreservedly apologize and take that back. That looks sore.

zimfan1
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by zimfan1 »

I believe that Zhuwao is back in the UK which is where he is based these days.

Mueddie28

Post by Mueddie28 »

zimfan1 wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:30 pm
I believe that Zhuwao is back in the UK which is where he is based these days.
Zhuwao gives up on Streak & Taibu..