Spotfixing in Afg vs Zim series.

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Spotfixing in Afg vs Zim series.

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

The totals is the first thing I noticed when I woke up this morning (second was wining bet of most wickets-Cremer).

The no balls issue is fishy, not the fact it’s the 46th issue, that’s a random detail that would draw too much attention like we are doing now. However the coincidental totals is NOT fixing. That isn’t an indicator. Too hard to engineer.

If Taylor was offered underhand cash to get a 125 in a fix then I’ll give him money from my own pocket!
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

I must admit, when I flicked over to Google Now this morning and saw the score, I thought I had not removed the scorecard from the first game and was about to clear it, then re read it and saw that it was in fact the score for the 2nd ODI and so I squinted my eyes and did the whole, 'this seems bizarre' thing

grant

Post by grant »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:48 pm
If Taylor was offered underhand cash to get a 125 in a fix then I’ll give him money from my own pocket!
:lol: :lol:

Andybligzz

Post by Andybligzz »

I genuinely thought this as well , watching the Afghanistan’s bowl 2 no balls in a row was simply mind boggling . No matter what grade or standard of cricket you play that just doesn’t happen . Seriously strange and I really hope it was pure shit cricket and not match fixing , for the sake of the game .
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

Us getting to the 333 is very difficult to consider as a fix. If you watched our last over the shots were hardly given to us by the bowling side and we could easily have been 331-339 based on shot selection.

Them getting to 179 after a massive last wicket partnership is not how you would go about nailing that score in a fix. Way too many chances to stuff it up.

cricket_22001

Post by cricket_22001 »

It's a funny thing our attitudes to the game now.
In 1946/47 during the 2nd Ashes test at Sydney, Bradman & Sid Barnes added 405 for the 6th wicket. With the score on 564, Bradman was dismissed for 234. in the next over, Barnes, a known prankster & knock about bloke, purposely spooned a catch & was dismissed. His score was also 234 & he felt people would remember his innings if it was the same score as The Don's.
If it happened today, would he be referred to the integrity department?
Mind you, the no ball story raises eye brows.

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

And he was right - one of the most memorable scores out there 234

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Jemisi wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:02 am
Us getting to the 333 is very difficult to consider as a fix. If you watched our last over the shots were hardly given to us by the bowling side and we could easily have been 331-339 based on shot selection.

Them getting to 179 after a massive last wicket partnership is not how you would go about nailing that score in a fix. Way too many chances to stuff it up.
BINGO.

It ain't fixed ya'll. None of the previous clashes were either. You wouldn't pick the two most unpredictable sides to fix very specific things any more than you would expect an auto mechanic to be able successfully do a heart transplant.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)