Cash crunch threatens to derail Zimbabwe's season

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Googly

Re: Cash crunch threatens to derail Zimbabwe's season

Post by Googly »

You have to wonder at ICC. This Hasnain fellow they installed here surely has to be reporting to his bosses? The fact that he’s here means they’re tired of the theft, but then why can’t he stick to the budget? Either he’s become part of the problem, he’s not doing his job properly, he’s being hoodwinked, or he’s not really in charge.
Has he not had to explain why ZC have suddenly run out of money? When we survive entirely on the benevolence of the ICC why can’t they dictate exactly what needs to happen? If a CEO of a company didn’t pay a section of his employees for months on end surely there’s a problem?The guys not being paid are the only ones that make the wheels turn and who could insist on change (the players).
In any other company on the planet if the workers stopped receiving remuneration, or it was inadequate, yet management kept pulling fat paychecks they would down tools after a month, yet our players will just keep on trucking for decades, it beggars belief.
I would love to see what monies have been allocated and spent on ground refurbishment for this tournament. I’m guaranteeing millions have been misappropriated and even more will go astray when it actually kicks off. Whenever there’s a tour or something like this it’s Christmas for the fellows who can inflate expenses or generate fake invoices, but the day to day bleeding comes from staff salaries and their expense accounts. I wonder if Hasnain has seen the list of employees, their salaries and whether they exist and what they actually do day in and day out and whether they’re necessary. Why have we not heard anything about the monies owed to Metropolitan bank and how this “loan” is being serviced? The entire thing is a disaster.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Yeah Eugene, there’s endless propaganda programs. I watch it occasionally just to see what’s being aired. For most Zimbos it’s the only TV available to them. The power of the media is frightening. Social media has made a big difference here though, it’s not as easy to brainwash people anymore.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Googly wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:19 am
Social media has made a big difference here though, it’s not as easy to brainwash people anymore.
Lol, the social media is the one brainwashing people or keeping them brainwashed. But who knows the media in ZIM might actually be government controlled fake news.

Well ZC did say they would stop hosting matches. The ICC handouts and revenue from the World Cup (previous ones) should be enough to finance away tours.

At any rate, the ICC is meeting right now to finalize the FTP from the Decemeber meeting. At least I think they are meeting...the decisions should be hitting the airwaves any day now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Googly

Post by Googly »

Some really good stuff comes up on our FB feeds, and there are a lot of FB pages that we all follow. A real good one is Dear ZRP... it has made a huge difference to our lives. The harassment from the traffic police over the years has been numbing and this page has been instrumental in making good changes.

Googly

Post by Googly »

I really don’t get the astronomical cost of hosting a tour. The figures were discussed on this forum a while ago.

The Robot
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by The Robot »

And they were talking of Changing domestic cricket structure :) if they can't grow the basic needs of the game, its impossible for Zimbabwe to change.
Robo to rule :oops:

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

Get Alistair Campbell back involved despite some people's views here on the forum you can't dispute when Campbell is involved things are good.

Not having the games broadcast in Zimbabwe is the major issue for two reasons

1. Each countries biggest TV deal is always the local one because they have their biggest fan base there

2. Companies wanting to sponsor the side or the series have no real advantage if the games aren't televised locally, what's the point of a local company paying money to have their company advertised in another country ??

Until ZC can make money off local broadcasters times will be tough

Maybe we need to tour Pakistan again ? We apparently got paid a shit load and the conditions actually suited us over there, despite not winning any games we competed in all of them and were favourites to win the last ODI if the weather didn't screw us.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Black Mamba
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Black Mamba »

14 years curse of Mugabe that destroyed Cricket Culture hurting Zimbabwe again and again.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:25 am

Lol, the social media is the one brainwashing people or keeping them brainwashed. But who knows the media in ZIM might actually be government controlled fake news.
As someone who has worked in the media, you will be surprised the impact of social media. Anyone who claims it is social media doing the brainwashing would fall in to the 'Trump' category of news watchers. If it is valid and proves a point, they quickly label it as fake news.
jaybro wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:42 am

2. Companies wanting to sponsor the side or the series have no real advantage if the games aren't televised locally, what's the point of a local company paying money to have their company advertised in another country ??
You'll be surprised. With ED's talk of investing in the country, having these games broadcast internationally can be lucrative to big companies looking to expand in to other markets outside of zim, or also looking to expand in to the zim market. You only need to look at the EPL to note that most of the companies advertising there are not British companies. I know the EPL is in a totally different league, but I'm just trying to highlight how it does not always have to only be local sponsors.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Something isn't adding up here. There is absolutely no way you can make a loss hosting a t20 series with Australia and Pakistan. In fact last time I saw Harare Sports club packed was when Australia took on the Proteas in the tri-series final in 2014. ZC has about 14 sponsors from the last series. In 2014 a friend of mine told me his company was paying 300k a year to ZC to be one of the main sponsors. The smaller companies were paying about 80k. They are getting 94 million over half a decade. Where exactly is all this money going? I think we need to address this and every expense must be made public knowledge. From everybody's salary to tour costs.

Surely a broadcaster from Pakistan could pick this up and make money. It just doesn't make sense to me that an Indian tour of 3 ODIs and 3 t20s makes a 4 million dollar profit but a t20 series with Pakistan and Australia would make a loss. What exactly are the main costs?