[Match Thread] 3rd ODI: Zimbabwe Afghanistan

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
PSR
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: [Match Thread] 3rd ODI: Zimbabwe Afghanistan

Post by PSR »

I hope India smash Rashid in the test match...I just don't like him...don't know why

Mr Twig

Post by Mr Twig »

Oh well, back to reality.

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Rashid Khan has gone wicketless only 3 times in his ODI career so far!

At least a couple of mighty blows by Vitori to feel happy about...

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Anyone able to tell me why our team can go from being stunning with the bat to being so poor in the matter of two days. I would also like to know where this idea that we no longer need to play with a straight bat has come from. Whoever told our players that playing sweeps is the way forward needs to never be let near a cricket field ever again.

I am also curious as to why whenever we face some sort of testing bowling, we capitulate as if we don't train for this.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:25 pm
Anyone able to tell me why our team can go from being stunning with the bat to being so poor in the matter of two days. I would also like to know where this idea that we no longer need to play with a straight bat has come from. Whoever told our players that playing sweeps is the way forward needs to never be let near a cricket field ever again.

I am also curious as to why whenever we face some sort of testing bowling, we capitulate as if we don't train for this.
Burl, Waller, Mire, Taylor, Mazakadza and Taylor all gifted their wickets today. There was nothing special with the ball.

At least we've got Shazad out; he can be dangerous. Although he should have been given out the ball before

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

We've been screwed a couple of times by this umpire in this game; shame as he's generally been very good.

But the Raza wicket, the wide calls and the not out given to shazad were all bad calls

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

sloandog wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:29 pm

Burl, Waller, Mire, Taylor, Mazakadza and Taylor all gifted their wickets today. There was nothing special with the ball.

Which begs the question, what are they doing in training? Where is the mental strength?

Surely you guys can see that the problems are quite simple, and to think that these are meant to be professionals...

tej_27

Post by tej_27 »

This particular umpire is a sure cheat ..gave so many decisions against Ireland when they were playing Afghanistan in India ..in one match he gave a set Paul Stirling out on 96 the ball probably would have hit 6th stump ..Ireland went on to lose the game ..as I type this he gives fat cheat not out ..its a clear edge u idiot !!!

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

I can already see Blessing running in harder. Streak and maybe even Klusener have clearly had an impact here. Just seems to have a lot more momentum at the wicket

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

How jammy was that; what a break ball from the kid. Bowling fast here as well