[Match Thread] 3rd ODI: Zimbabwe Afghanistan

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
zimfan1
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: [Match Thread] 3rd ODI: Zimbabwe Afghanistan

Post by zimfan1 »

After the top 8 or 9 guys I do get the feeling that the South African batting stocks are fairly bare.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

So it seems our guys are all good in the A side, but then come to the main side and struggle. That would suggest to me a few things.

- training in the main team is not correct. What practices are in place.
- player programmes to bring them through is not happening and not good enough (which is why i go on about blooding the younger lads)
- players are not mentally prepared, and this could stem from the culture and mental prep in the main side. Are we playing with no fear in the A side, but then a fear of losing when in the main side.
- there is not enough competition for spots, so players are getting lazy and resting on their laurels.

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

So, Raza has been fined for dissent. For showing disappointment for a blatantly incorrect decision. What are we trying to do? Take even basic acceptable emotions out of the game? I recall a movie named Equillibrium.

Take action, by all means against extravagant send offs by bowlers or sledging going wrong or foul language. But disappointment for getting out is also penalized? I guess they treat this as dissent towards the umpire's decision. In fact, the referees haven't been very consistent. While a small celebration by Rabada gets him a fine, Kohli, who goes and argues with the umpires for minutes for a not out decision does not get affected at all. Isn't that dissent at umpiring decision too? Not accepting the not out decision for an opposition batsman and getting into long unnecessary conversations during that match?

Also, how does Shahzad, while not showing sportsmanship in the first place, get away with the unprovoked foul language used towards Hamilton?

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

unprovoked foul language used towards Hamilton
Yea I was going to say that. He got away with it there big time.

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:37 pm
So, Raza has been fined for dissent. For showing disappointment for a blatantly incorrect decision. What are we trying to do? Take even basic acceptable emotions out of the game? I recall a movie named Equillibrium.

Take action, by all means against extravagant send offs by bowlers or sledging going wrong or foul language. But disappointment for getting out is also penalized? I guess they treat this as dissent towards the umpire's decision. In fact, the referees haven't been very consistent. While a small celebration by Rabada gets him a fine, Kohli, who goes and argues with the umpires for minutes for a not out decision does not get affected at all. Isn't that dissent at umpiring decision too? Not accepting the not out decision for an opposition batsman and getting into long unnecessary conversations during that match?

Also, how does Shahzad, while not showing sportsmanship in the first place, get away with the unprovoked foul language used towards Hamilton?
Kohli has the worst behaviour of anyone in cricket and yet seems to avoid any serious disciplinary action.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

SpitfiresKent

Post by SpitfiresKent »

sloandog wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:57 pm
unprovoked foul language used towards Hamilton
Yea I was going to say that. He got away with it there big time.
What did he say?

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

eugene wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:06 pm
CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:37 pm

Kohli has the worst behaviour of anyone in cricket and yet seems to avoid any serious disciplinary action.
+ 1

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

I have a ‘love -hate’ thing with Kohli I love the way he bats and takes the attack to the bowlers but I hate everything else about him

The perfect villain
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

jaybro wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:04 pm
I have a ‘love -hate’ thing with Kohli I love the way he bats and takes the attack to the bowlers but I hate everything else about him

The perfect villain
A great guy to have on your team, a terrible guy to have on the other team. Zimbabwe needs a few guys with Kohli's fighting mentality.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

eugene wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:57 pm
jaybro wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:04 pm

The perfect villain
A great guy to have on your team, a terrible guy to have on the other team. Zimbabwe needs a few guys with Kohli's fighting mentality.
100%
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement