What’s the most attractive country to play cricket?

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: What’s the most attractive country to play cricket?

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

foreignfield wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:27 pm
ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:11 pm
Secondly-
The NZ advocates make a lot of sense, if your focus is to get into a test team. It’s the way to go. However I’ll stress again, you won’t ever be paid much, and if your cricket career falters then I hope your content with a virtual ceiling income of 60k US a year. That’s a huge salary in NZ.
Most career minded New Zealanders leave.
If that’s not a huge priority though you’re cheering.
If they are after fat paychecks and not ultra supremely talented they should just use their cricket skills to get into a good uni in the UK--I bet an Oxford law degree (Malcom Lake) offers a better return on investment than a decent Test career for England or Oz.

However: according to the World Happiness Report NZ should be your choice among cricket playing countries, although Australia are ranked just below them (NZ #8, Oz #9 ... UK #19 ... Zim #138 out of 155). Btw, Denmark are always around the top (currently ranked second), so Keith Dabengwa is definitely onto something there :)
yes Copenhagan is beautiful.

it'll fuck itself with increased refugee intakes but atm its beautiful.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

zimfan1 wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:02 pm
Random question, are Zimbabwe shops still pricing products in US dollars. Thanks.
Yes.

It is hard to go past NZ.

But Ireland has to be a pretty good go for a young Zimbo that wants a chance at international cricket.

Also if I was a black kid that had had good Zim coaching, West Indies might be worth a go. Plenty of teams, plenty of divas to dismantle. Could be a place to make a FC career work.

paranoidandroid

Post by paranoidandroid »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:38 am
foreignfield wrote:
ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:11 pm
Secondly-
The NZ advocates make a lot of sense, if your focus is to get into a test team. It’s the way to go. However I’ll stress again, you won’t ever be paid much, and if your cricket career falters then I hope your content with a virtual ceiling income of 60k US a year. That’s a huge salary in NZ.
Most career minded New Zealanders leave.
If that’s not a huge priority though you’re cheering.
If they are after fat paychecks and not ultra supremely talented they should just use their cricket skills to get into a good uni in the UK--I bet an Oxford law degree (Malcom Lake) offers a better return on investment than a decent Test career for England or Oz.

However: according to the World Happiness Report NZ should be your choice among cricket playing countries, although Australia are ranked just below them (NZ #8, Oz #9 ... UK #19 ... Zim #138 out of 155). Btw, Denmark are always around the top (currently ranked second), so Keith Dabengwa is definitely onto something there :)

Lol right-o you racist

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

paranoidandroid wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:54 am
ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:38 am
foreignfield wrote:

Lol right-o you racist
Well it’s true.
Take different people with a different ultra conservative culture, shellshocked from war or famine, dump them in a liberal different country with different values and no career prospects, what could go wrong?
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Googly

Post by Googly »

Whole groups of them have an agenda. They arrive en masse and have no intention of integrating and are taking advantage of people’s hospitality in societies with systems that are not equipped to deal with that level of criminal intent and racism leveled towards them. There’s no turning back the tide either. An old friend of mine in the UK was in line for a council house and a Nigerian’s second wife was given priority. :lol:
European social systems are going to be under the pump in the not too distant future. Whenever a foreign community migrates anywhere they stick together and remember fondly the “shithole” they ran away from and they take advantage of the systems where they’re at :lol:
I can understand it from a migrant worker’s point of view, but many people attain citizenship through naturalization and will have no allegiance to their adopted country, it’s something I don’t get. I have many friends who’ve started a new life in Australia and they all celebrate Australia Day and often put posts up on the anniversary of the day they emigrated or attained citizenship with a big thank you for being given a second chance to start a new life, which I think is a fair indication that Australia is a good place and also the trauma that many people have endured here, both black and white.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Why do you stick around googly? I know the obvious answer is that Zimbabwe is your home, but you seem like you have a lot of connections and friends abroad, in countries where your intelligence would probably be better best served...surely?

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

Interesting to note that no Zimbabwean has ever cracked the South African system.

Can't think of any Zimbabwean playing in South African domestic cricket?

PSR

Post by PSR »

zimfan1 wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:26 pm
Interesting to note that no Zimbabwean has ever cracked the South African system.

Paul Harris?

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

PSR wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:28 pm
zimfan1 wrote:

Paul Harris?
Not really a Zimbabwean.

I meant someone who played in Zimbabwe in their teenage years and moved to SA to try and crack the system.

Tom91

Post by Tom91 »

PSR wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:28 pm
zimfan1 wrote:

Paul Harris?
Dale Benkenstein