What’s the most attractive country to play cricket?

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
zimfan1
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: What’s the most attractive country to play cricket?

Post by zimfan1 »

Tom91 wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:35 pm
PSR wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:28 pm
zimfan1 wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:26 pm
Interesting to note that no Zimbabwean has ever cracked the South African system.

Can't think of any Zimbabwean playing in South African domestic cricket?
Paul Harris?

Dale Benkenstein
Another one not developed in the Zimbabwe system. The fact we are going back into the late 90s proves the point.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Haha, I’m a poverty stricken genius :lol:
I like it here. I’ve spent time elsewhere and every time I get home to my shithole I feel at home. My family rolled in here on the first ox wagons and that makes me 4th or 5th generation Zimbabwean. A surprising number of black Zimbabweans can’t claim long ancestry either, many have Malawian and Mozambiquan roots, which is a historical inconvenience that’s studiously ignored.
In the past we’ve had a lot of Springboks when we are a part of the Currie Cup system, both in rugby and cricket. It was well known that you had to be twice as good to get the nod as well because we were looked down upon. I read an interesting article that claimed you can inherit a persecution gene that troubles your mojo, I’m sure I have that because I bear an ancestral grudge against the South Africans and the British :lol: :lol:
I think Dale Steyn spent time in Kadoma/Kwekwe (such a nice place they named it twice!) as a youth.

Googly

Post by Googly »

PAul Harris is the obvious most recent one. He has some kind of connection with one of the big diamond families in South Africa, or so I was told. I assume through marriage.
He’s a 6ft 4 spinner, which is quite unusual. I never quite understood how he had such a long international career.

firebreaker

Post by firebreaker »

Junior Dala from Zambia will play in SA T20s against India even though he's very average.

Googly

Post by Googly »

The guy they need to give a shot is Gerald Coetzee from u19. Ive never seen a youngster that can T off like that. If they don’t fast track him into T20 it will be a gross injustice, he’s bloody amazing.

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

Googly wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:17 pm
The guy they need to give a shot is Gerald Coetzee from u19. Ive never seen a youngster that can T off like that. If they don’t fast track him into T20 it will be a gross injustice, he’s bloody amazing.
And bowls fast for a 17 year old

foreignfield
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by foreignfield »

Googly wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:28 pm
Whenever a foreign community migrates anywhere they stick together and remember fondly the “shithole” they ran away from
Yep, I bet the locals weren't best pleased when Cecil Rhodes' treck of illegal immigrants skipped visa procedures on the Limpopo and later continued to celebrate the birthday of an old lady in far away lands instead of daily singing the praises of king Lobengula ;)

paranoidandroid

Post by paranoidandroid »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:34 am
paranoidandroid wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:54 am
ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:38 am

yes Copenhagan is beautiful.

it'll fuck itself with increased refugee intakes but atm its beautiful.
Lol right-o you racist
Well it’s true.
Take different people with a different ultra conservative culture, shellshocked from war or famine, dump them in a liberal different country with different values and no career prospects, what could go wrong?
Worked out pretty OK for my parents. There's a lot that can go right.

zimstarr
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by zimstarr »

Googly wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:02 pm
Haha, I’m a poverty stricken genius :lol:
I like it here. I’ve spent time elsewhere and every time I get home to my shithole I feel at home. My family rolled in here on the first ox wagons and that makes me 4th or 5th generation Zimbabwean. A surprising number of black Zimbabweans can’t claim long ancestry either, many have Malawian and Mozambiquan roots, which is a historical inconvenience that’s studiously ignored.
In the past we’ve had a lot of Springboks when we are a part of the Currie Cup system, both in rugby and cricket. It was well known that you had to be twice as good to get the nod as well because we were looked down upon. I read an interesting article that claimed you can inherit a persecution gene that troubles your mojo, I’m sure I have that because I bear an ancestral grudge against the South Africans and the British :lol: :lol:
I think Dale Steyn spent time in Kadoma/Kwekwe (such a nice place they named it twice!) as a youth.
Haha poverty stricken genius 😆😆😆